New TR Management

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by anonymous, Feb 21, 2018 at 2:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any new TRs able to chime in on how Patterson/branch managers managing new TRs? I was with Patterson in 2012 and enjoyed my time with the company because we weren’t micromanaged. Reps were basically autonomous and trusted to just go out and worked their territory. Managers left you alone unless your numbers sucked and weren’t growing. I left the company to start a business, but I was considering going back to Patterson. I know technology has changed a lot since when I was last there, so I was wondering if they have implemented big brother policies. I would not be interested in going back if they are now basically putting GPS tracker on reps. I spoke to a pharmaceuticals rep who worked for a company that in essence does that. I was annoyed when we changed branch managers and he made us send him logs each week or where we’ve been. You’re looking at our sales numbers and tracking production.....more paperwork? I know different managers do different things, so I guess the question would be if there’s a corporate policy in tracking reps. I am not going to waive privacy for a pay check.

Ready for smart@ss replies, but hopefully someone can provide a mature response.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm told base plan reps on auto reimbursement now use a Runzheimer app on smart phone that automatically logs miles and has the capability for location tracking. I've not heard of any manager or corporate type using this to manage or track activities. I suppose in theory any employee with a company provided phone should assume their location can be tracked. Your recollection of autonomy from previous run is probably still accurate. Of all the complaints I hear about the company from sales people, micromanagement is not one of them. We're talking about an organization that struggles to complete the most basic of business functions these days - order, deliver, invoice. To think we're somehow capable of geocaching is a bit much to expect. Good luck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The app is on the phone even if it's yours. Can't recall Patterson issuing a phone in a long time
    The app is garbage and sucks the life out of your phone too. Yes it does track your travels and knows when your moving and stopping etc. Reality is the app does all the work and they them send that to mgmt in the glass tower in MN to see how active you really are during work hours. Yes they're tracking you and no it's not worth it...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i wouldn’t consider leaving the last trip of the Hindenburg to join this disaster. Tracked or not, the place is screwed. Do your homework...i.e stock history, CEO dismissal, and look at the LinkedIn profile of the corporate dental team...all those fat useless faces. Better yet, talk to the customers who we let down about 80% of the time now. Set your career sights much higher than this place...Wallmart greeter, janitor, hot dog stand....

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take your sour grapes somewhere else. This is the same negative Ned that will shit on anybody doing better than him. Patterson gets better ever day. Yes, we have a ways to go.. but it is getting better.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth hurts. They're speaking truth albeit harshly, 80% of the time we do get it wrong, statements, double billing wrong shipments etc. When we're back to what we were before SAP and the 4 horsemen then it'll be better. Until then, Preach it brother!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pumpkin Head? It’s early for you, isn’t it? Normally you’re still in bed at this hour dreaming of the next stupid move you’re going to make.

Go back to sleep, you’re less dangerous that way.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best Post Ever!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is even funnier now!