New York Arthrex or Mitek??

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by Anonymous, Dec 30, 2006 at 10:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arthrex just posted ANOTHER 25% annual growth with FY just ending in June.

Top THAT Mitek!!!

40% growth... LOL!!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Milagro was 20 years after researchers first developed calcium based screws and 7-8 years after the first commerically available ones.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so it seems that the Mitek person on here is making direct comments about me. i am the only one who came foward with my name and territory. Not hide behind some white paper or BS email from a RM. You want to call me out on my haircut or Tattoo's , do it in person , forget who grows the most, or whos anchors are best, your a computer toughguy! Come see me ! watch me snap your f-in neck like your shitty orthocord. Ohh...and if you and your Mitek coworkers keep pulling your unethical moves and sabatoge dont worry , were all onto you,,,,have gottten numerous reports of the Mitek Rep's playing around with our pumps by snapping of pieces so they can get the HUGE oversized FMS pump in. Nice try guys!! the Hospitals are onto you and i cant wait to catch you red handed. Do yourself and your "buddies" a favor. tell them at your annual ass fucking meeting that Arthrex, and the reps who are destroying you are ready to smash you, in and out of the OR. And the NYC reps. are all shit. tomorrow, you can catch Dirk handing out BJ's behind the loading dock! Eat shit Mitek, Wait til Stryker steps on you too!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Numbers Dont Lie! Do your reasearch and you will see this is accurate!

Arthrex has been named the US Market Share Leader in Arthroscopic devices with 26.3% of the market
    SnN came in at 20.8%
    Linvatec is at 14.4%
    MITEK...yes MITEK..14.1% WORSE THEN LINVATEC! UNHEARD OF!!
    Stryker 9.5%
    Arthrocare 8.7%
    Arthrotek 2.8%

This says it all!!

next year Mitek will be chasing Arthrotek!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

may want to do some homework and see what is includes in this... capital is included, hence the strange numbers. Not supporting Mitek, just showing that these numbers are skewed

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Comp pLans Mitek vs Arhrex

What kind of dollars can you expect to make a teither one of these comopanies. I assume it't base and commision but how much ? Ranges,

Over 200K ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well what do you consider your pump tubing and wands?? Knee products... Its not our fault you cant develop a shaver line outside of the crappy FMS ones...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mitek is poorly managed. Treats its reps. horribly. I wound up quitting.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have been working for arthrex for one year now. the mitek rep in my territory has be here for 6 years. about 5 months ago i tried to hire him as my sub rep, he told me that i could not afford him. i said well how much? he said he needed between 7 and 8 grand a month to even think about it. i now have 2 sub reps making between 9 and 10 grand a month and i am making 30 grand a month

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away from MiTek, bad company with me too products. It's a poorly managed company with a reputation of hiring distributors that don't know squat especially in the NE.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Mitek still in business!!!!!!!! I have not seen them on the West coast in years!!! well except for those dusty Mitek boxes in the basement of the hospital!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management at Mitek is confused and clueless. The managers are obviously poorly trained. Mitek treats the reps horribly. I worked there and was miserable. Everybody on my team was looking for other jobs. No one could tolerate the overbearing Southern CA manager at that time. It did not matter if sales numbers were good or bad. We were all severely micromanaged no matter what. It was a very negative work environment.The money is definitely better at Arthrex. Physicians have lost respect for Mitek because of the high rep turnover. I agree that sometimes physicians feel sorry for you a give you at least a try. Mitek requires a reps to have a high moral code with physicians but Mitek has no moral code when it comes to dealing with their own reps.

By the way, they do hire people with no sales experience as an associate rep.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would strongly advise not to join Mitek as they have had a total turn over of reps. Corporate came in and fired the distributor and replaced the reps. Their pay scale is total crap and basically you are set up for failure with Mitek based on performance pay.

Arthrex pretty much has the market share throughout New York as a whole. In regards to distributors for Arthrex, my advice would be to contact the distributors in the NYC area. I strongly suggest to stay away for Seneca Surgical who is based out of Rochester. They cover Buffalo over to Albany, down to Kingston and up to Malone. I can't tell you how many hospitals/Surgery centers don't like the owners of Seneca Surgical. In fact, Billy Rue (one of the owners) was banned from 6 hospitals in Buffalo. That should tell you about his character. Let's just say shady is a polite description and to be politically correct.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do your homework in regards to the distributor. I left Arthrex a year ago because of the shady distributor. It's a complete shame because some distributors really make Arthrex look bad. Several of my old accounts didn't like the owner of the distributor either.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biomet rep here. I carry both joints and sports, needless to say almost all my business is in joints. About 20-30% in sports med, 20% bracing and 50% joints. Anyways..... in my area, which is Long Island Mitek, S&N and Arthrocare dominate. Arthrex does have business in all but not the market share like they have in NYC and Philly. I work for the most part in Nassau country but do business in Suffolk as well. The reps for the 3 companies listed have been there for 10years, 18 years and 22 years. They all make a great living and have a great QOL. Just my input.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arthrex, Mitek, Arthrocare, etc..... It is over; goofy anchors are a thing of the past. NO ANCHOR repairs are the future with the new Tornier Arthrotunneler. Face it, all sports med companies are fucking around with single and double row, peek, and resorbable screws when its ALL REDUNDANT CRAP and to $$$$ expensive. The market can no longer bare $2500 plus RCR supply costs. We had our day, now anchorless repairs will dominate the future market, as they should. Would you prefer 4 metal or plastic screws locking down your cuff, or 6 sutures placed directly into the bone (the gold standard)??? Be honest now!! Get your resumes together and adapt its over!!!! FYI I don’t work or have any stock in Tornier, this is only the opinion of a seasoned sports medicine rep.

Good luck - frankly I am glad that bad products like pushlock and versaolok will no longer be used in humans. Let arthrex run their funny labs in FL and promote their antiquated commoditized product line HA HA HA!! I love it!

Good day!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never felt the want or need to post on here, or any other message board for that matter, however, i'm in the mood to make an exception. Unfortunately the Milagro screw wasn't the first osteoconductive ACL screw on the market nor does it have the longest track record. That would belong to the Bilok interference screw which was the first calcium composite implant to ever receive FDA clearance for use in orthopaedic surgery. It was first developed in 1995 and then globally marketed from 1999, so that's more than double the pedigree of the Milagro. Also, the Bilok screw was the first composite ACL screw worldwide to clinically demonstrate osteoconductivity and complete resorption and replacement by bone (Arthroscopy, April 2008). To my knowledge it is still the only one to have done so, although admittedly I'm not up to date with the literature on the subject since April 2008.

A word of advice from the UK, either check your facts or don't bother saying anything.

18. Limey

Limey Guest

How exciting! We certainly don't see this sort of verbal sparring over the pond, I guess I'm not independant but, going back to the origional question, Orthopardics in General has changed hugely over the last decade. Growth was typically around 10-20% in the markets in the US and UK, you only had to 'get in', to be successful. Those days have well and truely gone and the easy money is now long gone.

As somebody who has a genuine career consideration, Orthopardics or Medical Devices is a tough place to be, and there is a lot of competition. You do need rhino skin, but more importantly a good sense of humour to survive. However, and here's perhaps the most important caveat, if you can get your break, then every day you can make a positive difference to the one persone who hasn't been involved in any of this blogging, and thats the patient.

For all those lovely lads and lasses out there carrying the bag, have a good day and remember to do the right thing by your ultimate customers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dude, you just responded to a post that has bee inactive for almost 2 years

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ArthroTunneler TunnelProT System

Hi, does anyone know the list price for the ArthroTunneler TunnelPro T System - Includes: (1) ArthroTunneler plus (2) TunnelPro Lateral Implants cat#SMB100101

And also the cost of the ForceFiber suture preloaded?

Thanks!!