Newer reps, do your days end quickly?

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, that's right.... Oral surgeons. Forgot about root canals and wisdom teeth. These are also the guys you never get to speak to because they don't care about your run of the mill product line.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suppose the 100,000 or so dentists that received a doctorate degree from places like Harvard, Tufts, NYU and Columbia would be surprised to know that an anonymous poster who works at Nordstroms has stated they are not in fact doctors after all. You are a complete idiot. Robots, is what you make,your claim to? Like the POS Davinci co that has the highest sales team turnover in all of medical. A $1.5 million medical device that my own OB-GYN sales is a great toy. Or the case where the patients intestines fell out after a davinci hysterectomy. Those robots?
    If you were talking about a robot like Cerec that has been on the market for 28 years then I'd understand. But since you are so traumatized by the short career at Patterson you have to insult and deride the entire company. You buy your $3000 suits I'm sure they look great when your standing in the OR for 5 hours listening to an arrogant surgeon insult his,staff and the many reps standing in the OR for their 10-12 second instrument hand off or to answer one question. Yea that suit would look great. The people at Patterson grossing 4-8 million a year in sales every year for the last 10 or so years really wish they could be you. You failed move on loser.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since when can a non doctor get OR privileges at a major hospital go into that hospital OR and rebuild a trauma patients face? Total fucking tool to believe dentists don't have a doctorate degree. No wonder why you failed and now sell clothes with the other dressed up ghetto trash that works at Nordstroms. Next time a dentist comes in tell him he's not really a doctor. See how that goes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow.

I admire your passion. While you are 'just going to the Buick' lets be clear.

The average Patterson territory is $2.2M +/- (skewed by the 'old guard' of coarse). A new rep is expected to spend 3 years to get to $1M and get off the base.

Then, they pay their own expenses and for the next couple of years end up taking home the same amount of money.

If five years with an average take-home of $75-$80k (I'm being generous here) is worth it to builld a six-figure income in year six+ (while taking the risk that a new branch manager doesn't come in and move the goal line) this may be an opportuntiy for you.

Lets be honest to those considering the job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahahahahaha ! Best part about your whole post is that YOU ARE STILL A SHITTY DENTAL REP!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And who said they now work at Nordstroms? No one on here claims to sell clothes ya douche. You guys need to learn how to read.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. Cerec compared to a Davinci? You are delirious. The problem for you is after 28 years you still can't get enough clinical support to help you sell. Me on the other hand have hospitals, oncologist, urologists, surgeons etc (REAL DOCTORS) pushing to get my
    Robot in the facility. Most are looking at a second and third. All while I make 3-5x as much as you and your whole branch.

I was at Patterson long enough to get me into a real medical gig. A stepping stone gig. 1-2 years of average performance. No one failed, I was smart and worked the system. Unlike you tool bags that have made a career out of 80k/year.

Better get those expenses in, don't want to get behind and have your card shit off and interest rate defaulted.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sirona multi billion dollar company been around 30 years. 90% market share in their segment.
    Davinci. Newer company, massive turnover over 50%. Lawsuits galore (see NY Times
    Article from May 2013) Doesn't save the surgeon any time or money. It's primarily a marketing tool for hospitals. Once Obamacare kicks in a and davinci surgeries are non reimbursable game changes.
    Patterson people bringing in 5-8 million a year aren't making $80k a year that's for sure. Every company has the bottom if the barrel turnover sales employees like you. Davinci or Patterson there is always the low end turn and burn.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What state is this Zip Code in?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You morons can't even hold a legitimate debate.

Get your facts straight. You think you understand healthcare because you saw an article on yahoo news. Get real. You are not in a hospital setting everyday, meeting with C suite execs. You know nothing because you are trapped in small privately owned dentist offices where their biggest revenue is hoping you don't opt out of the X-rays.

Patients are driving Davinci. PATIENTS! Business is good here and I have made more money every year I have been here. Will be over $250k for the 3rd year in a row. I spend your yearly pay on taking real doctors to dinner.

Now move along and go chase down that cotton ball order, get your 1998 Honda accord washed and go sit at starbucks pretending to be a real medical rep

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patients making decisions on their treatment. I guess that's why davinci is bombarded with lawsuits. Read the story in the NY Timed last month about how "effective" this robotic surgery is and the case where the woman's intestines fell out through her vagina after a Davinci performed surgery. Not sure how many patients would "drive" that end result. Lol.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Machine is a printing money. They are not going away...... Cant argue that there have been some issues, but most of them come from Docs who have minimum training.

Either way I make the same. No matter how much you want it to fai it isnt going anywhere and hosputals will continue to buy it an drive cases just like the other 95% of patients. Once again, your media driven researce fails you. Get some real perspective and you just may get a decent paying job one day.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some more CNBC not exactly Yahoo news. Pretty credible. NY times - prett credible. All the articles no comment from daVinci management. But hey don't let a couple of dead patients get in the way of your monthly sales quota.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100564517

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol....you are comical. I am acutally surprised tou have the ability to read the newspaper... well done... Like I said before, you sell garbage products that I can buy at Walmart. I will continue to rep a product that is being pushed by hospitals and patients. No need to defend it for some bottom feeder dental rep. In the mean time, I will continue to make absurd amounts of cash, check the price on my incredible stock shares and ride the train as long as I can. One thing you fail to realize dental boy, is that while you are " building your career", and making peanuts I am building wealth and will be retired, living off of re-occuring income from my investments by the age of 40.... Just about the time you have maybe figured out that you have wasted your career in dental.

Bash all you want, the lawsuits are not a secret...... It is also not a secret that you are the laughing stock of any sales compnay. b2b reps clear more income than you while having a much better QOL.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems that as some of the lawsuits claim that the sales people put profits over the patients. If that's what is important to you you're at the right company. If you have ever experienced a family member who has had their surget botched by a company concerned only with profits you may feel differently. As far as your stock and retiring at 40 we all know there have been hundreds of companies where the employees counted on both. Look at companies like Enron,
    Global Crossing and Lehman brothers. Not many retiring on the stocks of those abortions. With a reputation like Intuitive with their abysmal turnover rate and hundreds of lawsuits I think I'd not spend on $3000 suits and maybe put some of that money away for the future. Also when one of those lawyers adds a sales rep to their lawsuit let us know how you'll defend it. Google the J&J spine case where that happened. Not quite but also as bad as getting botched surgery by an out of control Davinci robot.