Nexium rep vs. Zegerid rep

Discussion in 'Santarus' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2007 at 4:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in an large multi-prescriber office today and the Nexium rep was sitting in the lobby waiting to see the doc. The Zegerid rep sat down, saw the Nexium rep getting to go in and proceded to get a very frustrated look on her face, she even contimplated leaving for a moment.

The Nexium rep was back for almost 40 minutes speaking to the staff and doctors.

The Zegerid rep was back for only 10 minutes.

The funny part was how flustered the Zegerid rep got when she saw she had to follow the Nexium rep.

Guess she couldn't follow the market leader huh.

Pretty funny shit...

GSK rep

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to work Nexium rep...same person posting on here over and over. By the way that happens all the time, but its the other way around jackass

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right Zegerid rep go for your 3 Rx quota a month, what a block buster.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHY do you care, Nexium rep? Your 35-40% market share should keep you happy, but I know AZ expects 100%. Let us do our job and quit bashing us. Quit worrying...Nexium will remain the market leader due to DTC, paying docs off etc, NOT because you have ever SOLD it!! BTW, Zegerid IS a good product and docs are finally seeing it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 48% Nexium share in my territory. 40% was about 2 years ago.

At the rate you are going you should see 3% share in about 167 years!

Congrats!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sell in the PPI market - They way it is going, Nexium is going to own this market by the end of 2007.

After Prevacid goes OTC in late 08 or early 09, the PPI market is going to look like the allergy market....(Clarinex, Allegra) with one difference, Nexium is going to own the market.

Astra did a GREAT job marketing Nexium and getting the market share without managed care and a product that is no different than OTC Prilosec.

Please do not insult me or other PPI reps by trying to prove Nexium is better than or different than Prilosec.....if you believe this to be the case, switch Kool-Aid flavors....(ie kool-aid drinker.....ie Jim Jones cult)

Again, Astra has done and is doing a GREAT job managing/marketing Nexium.

I do not sell Nexium or Zegerid....I try to compete.

I look forward to hearing what others think.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nexium has 11 different clinical trials that shows it is more effective than ALL the others...including Omeprazole. We even have one study where we went head to head with Prevacid, Aciphex, Protonix and Omeprazole.

Why do the studies the competition use always show their drug vs. placebo. Why not do a trial where you go head to head with Nexium to try to show superiority. You can't, because you will lose.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There IS a head-to-head study comparing Zegerid, Nexium, and Prevacid.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zegrid isn't even considered PPI competition for Nexium, Protonix, or Aciphex.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It shows how fast baking soda raises pH vs Nexium and Prevacid which do not contain baking soda.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the PI for Prilosec and Nexium.

Also, feel free to switch flavors of "kool-aid"

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post about the Kool aid. But, here's a tip: Everyone knows what "kool aid" is referring to. You must be new. That's ok, everyone was new at one point.

To the point. Nexium is a good drug. But, whoever said that they have studies beating Omep is telling a 1/2 truth. That study proved Nex's superiority to Omep ....20mg to 40mg. Any AZ rep you bring that up to will shut thier mouths immediately. Even when you break down the molecule it's virtually identical and there is no proof of superiority at the same dose. ANY rep who says different is either ignorant to the facts or one of the reps that makes everyone hate pharma reps.

As for Zeg, the night time study was pretty awesome against Nex. But, realize that it's only for 1 part of the population. Night time GERD. But who fucking cares? The market is big enough for everyone and soon it will be like selling water: "My water is watery-er." Everyone grow up.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny, all of you primary care reps arguing about who is better. Face the reality, none of you can sell, that is why you are in primary care. You are UPS lunch droppers, realize it. Get into Hospital or Device if you are a true salesman or woman, and stop complaining. GO play with your pod mates and make your 70k a year. Leave the real selling to the ones who can sell. And PS, its non of you primary care ppi reps. AZ and Santarus both suck, realize it and move on.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Santarus has 1 product. How long does it take to talk about it?
    Believe me, the Nexium rep was NOT talking about Nexium. They were talking about the weather, or spring training or something. They usually don't even carry a reprint or a detail piece. They rely on history and marketing--NOT on their own individual selling. Any why would you sit there and wait 50 minutes loser instead of going somewhere else? What a waste.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex SNTS rep . Moved to device. Now, this is selling . PPI isn't selling at all. Everyone should be talking about how to get out of a dying industry like Pharma sales, not who has the best market share of a product that has a generic equivalent. Think a little bigger people, and maybe you can move out of your parents house.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you got into sales to actually sell then you're as dumb as you look.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What we have here folks is a dumb ass statement since this is an anonymous board.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. That was shockingly stupid. I got news for you, selling can actually be....fun. That's right, I said fun. It's the same in sports. You work for a goal and when you hit or win, you get a big rush out of it. Plus, we get a decent base (obviously not as much as a pharma base) commission, bonus. Less paperwork, not much manager interaction (he's been in the field twice in a year) , and I get unlimited vacation...as long as my shit is done and I'm selling. Or, I go back to pharma and feel like a huge shit head again. Not to say pharma reps are shit heads, that's just the way it made me feel.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's obvious that this was originally posted by an AZ rep who's got waaaay too much free time--riding he purple wave and/or the coat-tails of their cylinder team's work. As a former AZ rep who launched Nexium, I take pleasure in kicking their lazy short-sighted asses every day in the field...and I do!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Explain how you feel you are kicking the ass of a Nexium rep when just one AZ territory sells more product than the entire company of Santarus.