NNIPSSG

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Oct 18, 2008 at 8:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like that great idea four years ago to send a department in complete dischord to a team-building exercise in a kitchen with sharp cutlery? Brilliant management! LOL!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is how Emily and Co. run the dept

Here are five of the most insulting leadership practices, the ones that virtually guarantee a business will end up with the most self-esteem challenged, optionless team members when the dust settles.

1. If you desire a mediocre workforce, make sure your employees know you don't trust them.

Nothing spells "You're dirt to us" like a corporate culture that screams, "We don't trust you as far as we can throw you." I refer to company policies that require employees to clock in and out for lunch or software that tracks every keystroke and change of URL in case a molecule of nonwork-related activity squeaks into the workday. When employees know they're not trusted, they become experts at "presenteeism"—the physical appearance of working, without anything getting done. Congratulations! Your inability to trust the very people you've selected to join your team has cost you their energy, goodwill, and great ideas.

2. If you want to drive talented people away, don't tell them when they shine.

Fear of a high-self-esteem employee is prevalent among average-grade corporate leadership teams. Look how hard it is for so many managers to say, "Hey Bob, you did a great job today." Maybe it's a fear that the bit of praise will be met with a request for a pay raise. Maybe it's the fear that acknowledging performance will somehow make the manager look weak. Whatever the reason for silence, leaders who can't say, "Thanks—good going!" can plan on bidding farewell to their most able team members in short order.

3. If you prefer a team of C-list players, keep employees in the dark.

Sharp knowledge workers want to know what's going on in their organizations, beyond their departmental silos. They want some visibility into the company's plans and their own career mobility. Leaders who can't stand to shine a light on their firms' goals, strategies, and systems are all but guaranteed to spend a lot of money running ads on Monster.com. Marketable top performers want a seat at the table and won't stand for being left in the dark without the information they need to do their jobs well.

4. If you value docility over ingenuity, shout it from the rooftops.

I heard from a new MBA who had joined a global manufacturer. "They told me during my first week that I need a manager's signature to organize a meeting," he recalled. "They said I'm too low-level to call a meeting on my own, because unauthorized meetings of nonmanagers are against company policy." How fearful of its employees would a leadership team have to be to forbid people to gather together to solve problems? The most desirable value creators won't stick around to be treated like children. They'll hop a bus to the first employer who tells them, "We're hiring you for your talent—now go do something brilliant."

5. If you fear an empowered workforce more than you fear the competition, squash any sign of individualism.

When you go to college, you learn about Economic Man, but in the corporate workplace we see that real people don't always act rationally. Lots of individual managers and plenty of leadership teams fear nothing more than the idea that a self-directed employee might buck authority. That's equivalent to shaking the organizational power structure to its foundation, possibly a fate worse than death. Leaders who want the most docile, sheep-like employees more than the smartest and ablest ones create systems to keep the C players on board and drive the A team out the door. They do it by instituting reams of pointless rules, upbraiding people for miniscule infractions ("What? Twenty minutes late? Sure you worked here until midnight last night, but starting time is starting time.") and generally replacing trust with fear throughout their organizations. Companies that operate in fear mode will never deliver great products and services to the marketplace. Their efforts will be hamstrung by their talent-repelling management practices.

How long will it take these enterprises to figure out they're shooting themselves in the foot? It doesn't matter—you'll be long gone by then.

Liz Ryan is an expert on the new-millennium workplace and a former Fortune 500 HR executive.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There you have it:
    1. Smother talent with a wet blanket.
    2. Don't turn talent loose to function.
    3. Convey a sense of distrust to keep them on their toes and in defense mode.
    4. Over regulate talent reguardless of ability or prior successful experience.
    5. Fear works, but for only a short time. What's next??

Liz is on smart lady.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what’s up with product safety in NJ? I miss this thread. The Sales Rep posts are always the same old crap. Somebody is always talking about suing the company for harassment or just for the hell of it.... Sales Reps talk shit!

What's up with BEMA or BETA? whatever her name is. The queen bee.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the queen bee left the hive but it's still a mess there just like the call center. You would think novo would have cleaned up management in these areas by now but instead they are promoting ass kissers who have no clue what leadership is. No one in these groups know what they are supposed to be doing because management is just catering to there own bosses and could give a turd about thier team members. Kust lay low and dont ask questions if you dont know what do to because management hates when you interupt thier youtube browsing with any actual question about your job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you guys at least logging adverse side effects of Victoza?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is product safety management have this small place/small mentality type of attitude. I’d like to see their resumes. Where else have these people worked? They feel very safe in that corner of the world. In order to train and run a product safety department you need: 1) experience in leadership, 2)drug safety, 3)a degree in the medical field would be a plus. If there was any understanding of product safety... they would be more concerned about the patient’s well being rather than the FDA creeping up. Maybe it's time to make a call to the FDA? See how fast they run : )

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really need to drop a dime if patient safety is at risk or if adverse events are not being reported properly. I know the FDA would be thankful for the call

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

being a bully is required for management at novo

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for sharing that, maybe others won’t feel so alone. I know that if you do not comply with them, life can be hell. Those are only 2 bullies of the many in product safety. Here are the lyrics to that song. It’s sad that someone was been made to feel that way. All they probably wanted to do was their job.

“I was spending my time in the doldrums
    I was caught in the cauldron of hate
    I felt persecuted and paralyzed
    I thought that everything else would just wait
    While you are wasting your time on your enemies
    Engulfed in a fever of spite
    Beyond your tunnel vision reality fades
    Like shadows into the night

To martyr yourself to caution
    Is not going to help at all
    Because there'll be no safety in numbers
    When the Right One walks out of the door

Can you see your days blighted by darkness?
    Is it true you beat your fists on the floor?
    Stuck in a world of isolation
    While the ivy grows over the door

So I open my door to my enemies
    And I ask could we wipe the slate clean
    But they tell me to please go fuck myself
    You know you just can't win”

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did you guess? They are both snakes, watch your back!! Whatever happened to Maryanne? Does anyone know why she was fired?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a look around, what a mess!