No 401K Contribution this year...

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Aug 16, 2017 at 3:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A message from Chairman and CEO

Now that we have completed fiscal 2017, I’d like to share news regarding the Company Performance Contribution (CPC). The CPC is a discretionary annual 401(k) contribution for eligible employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico that is paid based on the company’s Adjusted Non-GAAP Operating Earnings results against the goals established for the fiscal year. On August 2, we reported our results for last year, closing what was a dynamic and challenging year for Cardinal Health and for the healthcare industry. Our FY17 earnings were below expectations and the level that would generate a CPC contribution. As such, there will be no discretionary contribution to your 401(k) account this year. This is disappointing and not the result we hoped to achieve.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work, your passion for our business and commitment to providing our customers – and ultimately their patients – with the best products and services in the industry.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the company missed it's goal, why do you think you should get free money poured into your 401k? Are you that spoiled? You still got your match right? Also, you're an idiot for posting this.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NO, YOU ARE THE FU*KING IDIOT. TOO MANY INANE BUSINESS DECISIONS IN FY17 BY KING GEORGE AND THE DONALD RESULTED IN DENYING US THIS DONATION, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN MEAGER AT BEST. REMEMBER THE "FABULOUS" FY16 DONATION FROM THESE SHYSTERS AFTER AN ABSOLUTELY BANNER YEAR? IF I RECALL, IT WAS A 2% "SCREW YOU ALL"

THE NIMRODS IN DUBLIN SCREW UP AND WE GET A NICE THANK YOU FOR ALL OUR HARD WORK. "F" THESE ASS CLOWNS. WHAT A GREAT COMPANY WE WORK FOR. AS AN ENCORE, LAY-OFFS AND FORCED RESIGNATIONS AWAIT SOME OF US TO COMPENSATE FOR THE IMPENDING FALL-OUT FROM THE MEDTRONIC DEBACLE. AND, THE CARDINAL STOCK PRICE CONTINUES TO FALL... HAPPY FY18 TO ALL!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NO, YOU ARE THE FU*KING IDIOT. TOO MANY INANE BUSINESS DECISIONS IN FY17 BY KING GEORGE AND THE DONALD RESULTED IN DENYING US THIS DONATION, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN MEAGER AT BEST. REMEMBER THE "FABULOUS" FY16 DONATION FROM THESE SHYSTERS AFTER AN ABSOLUTELY BANNER YEAR? IF I RECALL, IT WAS A 2% "SCREW YOU ALL"

THE NIMRODS IN DUBLIN SCREW UP AND WE GET A NICE THANK YOU FOR ALL OUR HARD WORK. "F" THESE ASS CLOWNS. WHAT A GREAT COMPANY WE WORK FOR. AS AN ENCORE, LAY-OFFS AND FORCED RESIGNATIONS AWAIT SOME OF US TO COMPENSATE FOR THE IMPENDING FALL-OUT FROM THE MEDTRONIC DEBACLE. AND, THE CARDINAL STOCK PRICE CONTINUES TO FALL... HAPPY FY18 TO ALL!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you calling it a Medtronic debacle?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You need to immediately quit. Something is wrong with you both mentally and emotionally. You are not an indentured servant at Cardinal Health, you are able to free yourself from DMC and GB at any time. You really need help.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know right. The fact that Cardinal even gives you 2% of free money is pretty awesome. I would not expect them to give me free money if they did not meet wall street's expectation for the year.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The fact that you use the word "denying" means you believe you are entitled to said "donation." It is exactly that, a donation.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Debacle? Once the lay-offs really kick in after the stub year ends, let's hope you have a job. Medtronic purchase was a mistake, Wall Street knows it, yet some of you think it was a wonderful move. More commodities to sell on price only because we were afraid Medline would have made this purchase if we didn't? Was the Cordis deal a good move for Cardinal? How many Cordis reps are left on our payroll? Was the ITI purchase a good one? Care to guess what the turnover rate is in that division? No one is buying this technology from us because we don't know how to thwart The VAC and the other dozen players now in this market. We don't know how to penetrate the NPWT market, especially as these reps leave almost as fast as they're hired.

How is Management going to integrate all these Medtonic reps with all of us? When you make an omelet, you gotta break eggs. And a lot of careers are gonna be broken during this latest integration.

Keep alert to the machinations of Management. If you trust them, fine, but don't whine if the ax falls on you. Territories and Territory Managers were quietly eliminated in FY17, turnover is high, and these trends will continue. I'm luckily retiring soon but for you younger guys and gals, beware, because Management is not your friend.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Folks are upset because they worked their asses off trying to meet some pretty impossible FY17 goals. It was really due to the abysmal, unfocused leadership that hurt the bottom line. I am waiting to see what the Medtronic acquisition does so reserving judgement for now. Cardinal is like pie in the sky and tries to do way too much at once. But at the same time they do not invest in their talent, processes, or technology which handcuffs their people and prevents them from ultimately getting the job done. And whoever is defending the organization and saying how great their 401K match is...this is pretty standard for large corporations. Let's stop pretending that Cardinal goes above and beyond with their benefits. They're pretty run of the mill.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks, Don, we really don't appreciate your 2 cents. Now please leave and screw up someone else's company.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the "Folks" are correct in being upset. Cardinal made money in FY17, but not enough to justify, they say, any 401k kick-in as FY17 concluded. After such a challenging year you'd think they might have kicked in something, maybe 1%, but no, the bloodsuckers in Dublin made poor decisions so the "Folks" suffer. No doubt George, Don, and Duffy were taken care of regardless of FY17 results. Cardinal views you guys as very expendable and the turnover rate remains high. Training all the new "Folks" to replace those wise enough to get out costs a lot of money--money that you're never going to see. And expect lots more lay-offs in FY18, too, to pay for all the inane decisions out of Dublin. There were scattered lay-offs in FY17, and forced resignations, too, but you ain't see nothing yet!

Cardinal's benefits are mediocre at best. Other companies offer the same 401k discretionary matches, too, so don't let the deceivers on this thread trick you into thinking Cardinal is unique with these donations. There are companies out there that offer the same 401k benefits and stock options to their people. Cardinal has never offered stock options to the "Folks", just the bloodsuckers on top get them. There are even a few companies out there who still offer their people pension plans in addition to 401k savings plans. How's Cardinal's pension plan? Those died with Baxter, Allegiance, and American Hospital Supply. Remember when you were given a stipend for your internet bills? That stopped years ago. And the stipend for your phones is paltry, too. Some companies offer the same shitty reimbursements as CAH, but many offer extra shekels when it comes to reimbursing you for making money for the company.

Cardinal screwed you out of the 401k discretionary donation because of Dublin's poor business decisions and the schmucks (aka the "Folks") took the hit. Cardinal is a mediocre company so what did you expect? Expect the screwing to continue into FY18 as the Medtronic acquisition will be botched beyond belief. And, with Dublin's other questionable business decisions still festering, the tab will continue to be paid for by the "Folks"

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the "Folks" are correct in being upset. Cardinal made money in FY17, but not enough to justify, they say, any 401k kick-in as FY17 concluded. After such a challenging year you'd think they might have kicked in something, maybe 1%, but no, the bloodsuckers in Dublin made poor decisions so the "Folks" suffer. No doubt George, Don, and Duffy were taken care of regardless of FY17 results. Cardinal views you guys as very expendable and the turnover rate remains high. Training all the new "Folks" to replace those wise enough to get out costs a lot of money--money that you're never going to see. And expect lots more lay-offs in FY18, too, to pay for all the inane decisions out of Dublin. There were scattered lay-offs in FY17, and forced resignations, too, but you ain't see nothing yet!

Cardinal's benefits are mediocre at best. Other companies offer the same 401k discretionary matches, too, so don't let the deceivers on this thread trick you into thinking Cardinal is unique with these donations. There are companies out there that offer the same 401k benefits and stock options to their people. Cardinal has never offered stock options to the "Folks", just the bloodsuckers on top get them. There are even a few companies out there who still offer their people pension plans in addition to 401k savings plans. How's Cardinal's pension plan? Those died with Baxter, Allegiance, and American Hospital Supply. Remember when you were given a stipend for your internet bills? That stopped years ago. And the stipend for your phones is paltry, too. Some companies offer the same shitty reimbursements as CAH, but many offer extra shekels when it comes to reimbursing you for making money for the company.

Cardinal screwed you out of the 401k discretionary donation because of Dublin's poor business decisions and the schmucks (aka the "Folks") took the hit. Cardinal is a mediocre company so what did you expect? Expect the screwing to continue into FY18 as the Medtronic acquisition will be botched beyond belief. And, with Dublin's other questionable business decisions still festering, the tab will continue to be paid for by the "Folks"

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FIRED and all mad ? Get over it before we slap you around again.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol, now go sit in a corner with your pink pu**y hat on and do some coloring. I CANT believe Cardinal makes us pay for our home internet. The audacity of the great and powerful Cardinal Health!!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don: Is this you again?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dick.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just stop already. All these negative posts written by one guy.

Working hard are you? Must be tough to get stuff done when you're on CPh. All day trying to make the next post not sound like the last, so you can trick a few ignorant fools into thinking there are a bunch of unhappy reps.

Give it up fool. This is a decent place to work. Pay is below average. Benefits are average. Reps are average. I work my tail off, but I know some people who don't and do fine. So what if we don't get stock options. Last I checked this wasn't a startup. And who has a pension anymore? J&J is the only one I can think of. This company is no J&J dude.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whose bitch are you at corporate?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

douche-bag