No More Severance and Running Out of Money

Discussion in 'Iroko' started by anonymous, Oct 31, 2016 at 9:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I never read Cafe Pharma, but I did this weekend. So many things that are written are true.

I worked for Iroko for almost 3 years and was laid off last month. I received 4 weeks of severance, 2 weeks for every full year I was there and a small bonus. Since I was fired, I had one telephone interview. I will be out of money by the end of the Nov and will have to file for unemployment. My insurance ends tomorrow and COBRA is crazy expensive. I don't know what I am going to do.

I never thought I would lose my job. Just some friendly advice, you may want to start looking for a new job so you don't wind up like me.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are looking. Fire CES and maybe we will consider staying. She is running the show, not Lou. It was evident in Houston who really is the boss.

Sorry to hear about you being laid off. You are obviously home office.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am now on unemployment. After I pay my rent, car loan, student loan and expenses I am left with $80 for the rest of the month for food. I had more money in college for food than I have now. I will have to go on food stamps. I'm not sure how this happened to me. One day I had a job and the next day Iroko fired me. They knew they were going to do this and they gave us no notice. When I read that the same week I got fired there was a big meeting in Monterey, CA it makes me really angry. I feel so betrayed. I am so stressed out that I can't sleep and cry during the day. My parents tell me that I can move home, but I still have my apartment lease. I still have to sign up for health insurance. The job coaching Iroko gave me is common sense and not very helpful. I talked to my coach for 2 hours, but I knew everything I was told. Thanksgiving is next week. I am so depressed I don't want to see my family. My brother and sisters have jobs and so do my cousins. I wish I never worked for Iroko.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did not work for Iroko but your post caught my eye because I have been in your situation too. Spend All Day Today signing up for Temp Agencies; find a seasonal job (Home Depot/Target/Macys) AND Volunteer to feed the homeless on Thanksgiving. You sound like this is your first time at the Pharma rodeo. I've had it happen twice in my career and both times, I survived and got a better job. I too did not have an Emergency Fund so take this as a lesson learned. And, you can defer your student loans until you are back on your feet. January is always a strong hiring month so while you aren't working these part time
    Temporary jobs, prepare for then. You will tell yourself that losing unemployment isn't worth it, it is. Your sanity and mental health and confidence will benefit from
    The work. Best Wishes, you will get through this and be a survivor!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Iroko loves you still,sweet cat tail- sell your plasma if needed-we will se you again in your dreams-peace my sweet brother

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for your inspiring note. I feel better already :). I still have to get health insurance. I will have to see if I can make more money working retail then I get in unemployment.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I ran out of money and I am now on unemployment. Obamacare will cover my insurance. My parents are helping as much as as they can with my bills. It is a tough time to find a new job. I have a history of severe depression and I am very depressed. Sometimes I just spend the entire day in bed and cry. I never saw this coming and I don't know why i lost my job.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

easy dream boat annie-i will watch you sleep

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get on LinkedIn and send your resume to as many recruiters as possible. September and January are 2 of the best months for job seekers and recruiters filling jobs. Now isn't the time to sit and do nothing. Only you can dig yourself out. Stop complaining about Iroko. It's a fraud of a company with 3 ridiculous drugs and a phony particle technology - which is a blender purchased on eBay. There are tons of companies with open jobs. Time to polish up your resume and get to work. Good luck.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bless you all whom been let go-may the baby jesus sausage-enter your bowels