No Xeljanz reps hired by Biogen or Gilead

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, May 30, 2020 at 8:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LMFAO, Biogen & Gilead completed their expansions without hiring any 130 plus Xeljanz reps who posted online.
    Good humble pie for pompous cocky azz Xeljanz VP.
    75% of the offers went to Genentech with 25% internal.

Now Mr Paronoid VP can come down off his high horse & focus his attention on crashing sales and market with Renvoq kicking his azz . (Maybe he can rewind the clock a year & develop a Renvoq launch blunting plan??? Novel idea)

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Xeljanz rep here in NE, like dozens of my regional peers, I applied for both companies and made it to finals with Biogen (2 interviews w Gilead), did not get an offer but it opened my eyes to what industry thinks of Pfizer as well as the great opportunities outside of Pfizer.
    I only interviewed with both companies after encouragement to do so from our VP at the National Sales Meeting general session.
    I owe him for that speech as it opened my eyes to greater financial opportunities for my family.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what does the industry think of Pfizer?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not much

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to say this is very accurate and has been for years. Ever notice how reps are not knocking down the doors to get a job here? Glad the company is changing for the better but memories are long.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They think Pfizer is all Marketing with little science or medical clout.
    They think Pfizer reps are not technical or clinical reps rather canned Marketing spills & phrases rehearsed at meetings & role play with very little medical science training.
    Basically talking walking marketing robots & each rep says same thing, with superficial all about me leaders who push & preach this.

Entire Medical community from docs to staff think this about Pfizer. Industry has known this about Pfizer for decades.

This is why very few Pfizer reps are recruited for Biotech & why the 150+ Xeljanz reps who applied for Biogen 90 expansion & Gilead 100 expansion did not have 1 rep offered to hire.
    Speaks volumes of lack of true in depth skill 80% Pfizer reps have. The 20% that do, are in Oncology.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Were any managers hired?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will realize there is life, actually very good life, after Pfizer.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think so but apparently 17 of the 26 DMs posted on their website for expansion openings.
    Heard that my Central RD was interviewing for both of them but did not get an offer either (not suprising as he is is not a leader to inspire & motivate people, just a HQ Yes Man Task Manager.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow Accurate intel GF!
    Yes 17 Xeljanz DMs posted for the expansions but none got offered.
    (However, 2 I&I DMs who were offered never posted, rather they were personally recruited by the President & VP. I dont think they even interviewed being wined & dined.)

129 Xeljanz reps posted for online and NONE were offered. A dozen made it to Finals but didnt make the cut.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course Xeljanz reps were not hired nor their Director. If you only knew how little respect the industry & physicans have for Pfizer.
    They think they are primary care marketing robots only focused on call averages.
    Not surprise the 75% of reps who posted did not get hired.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A marketing company with way too many lawyers is how the industry views PFE, zero research or technical credibility

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is very interesting!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer doesn't wash off

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bottom line is Physicians, Offices, & Industry competitors all know Xeljanz has turned into a Primary Care /Internal Medicine division with Pfizer. It is not a unique specialty salesforce like it once was with Oncology. Many can even say having 1 product basically (Inflectra doesnt count) that Xeljanz division is actually lower than PC/IM now.
    The physicians & industry have seen this digression for 2 1/2 yrs now sense expansion with lot of PC reps and other companies GI reps which are like PC101 very simplistic.
    Combine these actions w 2 PC RDs being hired, half 8 DMs hired directly from rep roles, Pres from Europe that doesnt know the US mkt & a VP never being in sales or leadership position taking over......all this = watered dummied down PC level division.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, I&I 2 DM’s were being recruited but turned them down?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biogen & Gilead filled their expansion divisions with Amgen & Genentech reps and a few Abbvie reps.
    Zippo on Xeljanz reps so 127 reps who applied were disappointed last month in addition to those 17 DMs & RD.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poor Xeljaz reps didnt get any love from the top 2 Biotech companies who combined has 200 opening.... even though 150 Xeljanz reps posted, your PC skillsets and marketing robots were exposed. Zero out of 150 applicant .
    While Genentech & Amgen & Abbvie filled the 200 openings.
    Sorry Lotz aka- team awesome-- NOT.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Being a rep is a shitty career. It's just playing Frogger, leaping from company to company.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes very true but still a lot of companies starting to hire for expansions again w big $$$ for those 130 Xeljanz reps & 17 DMs & RDs.