Nobel Stock Jumps on News of Potential Sale

Discussion in 'Nobel Biocare' started by Anonymous, Jul 29, 2014 at 6:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobel Biocare Holding AG (NOBN), the world’s second-biggest maker of dental implants, is in discussions about a possible sale of the company as interest in medical-device companies increases.

The talks are at an early stage and may not result in a transaction, Nobel said in a statement today. The company issued the statement in response to a Bloomberg News report that it was working with Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) on a potential transaction. Nobel has a market value of 1.98 billion Swiss francs ($2.2 billion).

“The company confirms that it has been approached by third parties with a potential interest in acquiring the company,” according to the statement. Discussions “are at a very early stage and may or may not result in any transaction. The company will provide an update, if and when appropriate.”

Private-equity firms and companies in the industry have shown interest in the Glattbrugg, Switzerland-based company, people familiar with the matter said.

Nobel Biocare has explored a sale on and off again for some time. Private-equity firms have held preliminary talks with the company, one of the people said. Some buyout firms concluded that Nobel Biocare is too expensive to buy, the people said. The company is about valued at about 27.9 times this year’s estimated earnings, compared with an average of 20.8 times for European medical-equipment companies with market values of $1 billion or more, according to Bloomberg

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, let the guessing games begin.

Here's my two guesses:

1 - J&J
    2 - Gulp!!!.... Danaher! Consider the possibility of a value line? Just like Straumann has Neodent, and Biomet soon to have Zimmer, Astra has Dentsply, and now Nobel will be part of Danaher and ID as their value line, and alpha Bio merging with ID in international markets to be the leader in the value market and Nobel the number 1 or 2 player in the premium market. Not out of the relm of possibility.

I discount the idea of a PE takeover, the company being #2 is too over-valued for a PE group. And if they were to go PE, it's because they are forecasting a huge explosion of growth within the market place. Stock is down 80%, which makes them more attractive for an industry takeover vs Private Equity.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I been an employee of Nobel Biocare for +/- 10 years (not in sales) for years I have heard rumors of getting bought, but this time is very different. First, the company has acknowledge the discussions of a potential sale(after it was reported on the news). And second, the fact that two EC members are gone from the company.

I know certain people in Zurich and they have confirm that this is very likely to happen, although I didn't get the name of the potential buyer. I am not worry about it if this happens as its not likely to take effect in several months, but I will not keep my arm crossed either and wait for it to happen.

Good Luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Logic tells me Sirona Dental systems would make a great owner. Distribution in the US by Patterson. Distribution overseas via Schein. Most importantly as CEREC becomes an abutment production machine and their Galileos integrates with CEREC to make surgical guides and surgical planning software owning an implant company is a very interesting proposition. Sirona has the financial strength to pull it off as well.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although Sirona could be as good as anyone, I don't think it's them. First, it's not their "core" business. If they were to take over Nobel, they'd be risking some of the partnerships they have out there with other implant companies for their scanning and guided business. It would be as though Zest only made locators for one implant company, rather they have opened their products to all implant companies for greater earning potential.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard from a reliable source that it is Danahr that is buying Nobel

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Danaher is great at effin up dental companies......see Ormco, see Implant Direct, see Sybron. Sayonara Nobel

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can confirm it is DEFINATLY Danaher, I can also confirm that the transaction will be announced before December

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can confirm you can't spell definitely

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ony that is Zimmer who has bought Biomet, not vice versa

QUOTE=Anonymous;5163094]Well, let the guessing games begin.

Here's my two guesses:

1 - J&J
    2 - Gulp!!!.... Danaher! Consider the possibility of a value line? Just like Straumann has Neodent, and Biomet soon to have Zimmer, Astra has Dentsply, and now Nobel will be part of Danaher and ID as their value line, and alpha Bio merging with ID in international markets to be the leader in the value market and Nobel the number 1 or 2 player in the premium market. Not out of the relm of possibility.

I discount the idea of a PE takeover, the company being #2 is too over-valued for a PE group. And if they were to go PE, it's because they are forecasting a huge explosion of growth within the market place. Stock is down 80%, which makes them more attractive for an industry takeover vs Private Equity.[/QUOTE]

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DEFINATLY a great call.

now do you like Philadelphia Eagles +3 football points on MNF?
    or lay the wood and take the home team Colts?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welp.. Time to dust off the old resume. This place is sinking fast

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"DEFINATLY a great call."

Different day, same MORON.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Called it!!! Consolidation at its best. Straumann/Neodent, Biomet/Zimmer, Nobel/Implant Direct (who would have guessed that 5 yrs ago), Astra/Friadent.

Next one to drop has to be MIS. Maybe a Bio-Horizon/MIS merger is in play? I'm calling that now.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MIS to BioH is not going to happen. BioH is now a HS company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Say goodbye to your paychecks Nobel reps. Just a warning from many ex-Danaher employees who went through a merger with them.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, now that this has been announced I would like to know from people that actually can provide insight on the Danaher culture. It is being said that Nobel will be remain as a stand alone business, continuing to sell direct and not through distributors like most of the Danaheer companies. Do you still think that matters when it comes to compensation?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting to see the kavo cafepharma board has never had a post. That's a danaher company that was acquired and is a stand alone business unit.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How will a Nobel rep convince a dentist to pay 3 times for the same or maybe even better implant sold by the same company? They can obviously not bash their sister company and claim that they are better. Then put Alpha Bio in the mix.
    I think that we have interesting times ahead.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who says it's going to be the same rep that dentist has grown to love.

Believe me, when the comp plan is altered, followed by Danaher instituting their 'recommended' changes, plus not to mention that the economy is picking up so their might be labor demand in the device field, and you will seeeeee.... Sing it Marley...... EXODUS.