Nobel to Lose Clear Choice Business

Discussion in 'Nobel Biocare' started by Anonymous, Aug 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand from a reliable source that at years end Clear Choice has signed agreement to move business to Straumann. If true and I believe it is, not sure why Nobel would let this happen.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone else heard whether this is true or not?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As I understand it Nobel was a large investor in Clearchoice. Maybe they are selling their interest to Strauman in order to raise much needed cash.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really this is the best you can do? Put up a BS question then keep trying to stir the crap?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP - not trying to stir anything up - just follow the below:

RODO Medical - Kevin Mosher sits on the Board
    June 25, 2014
    ClearChoice Management Services, LLC, a leading dental support organization (DSO) focused in the field of implant dentistry, and RODO Medical, Inc., a private company developing innovative dental implant restoration devices, today announced a strategic alliance between the two companies.

August 13
    Straumann invests in RODO Medical *Straumann purchases approximately 12% of RODO Medical's shares for an undisclosed sum. *RODO Medical's highly innovative Smileloc(TM) System could have an important impact on implant prosthetic design, replacing cement and screws in implant restorations. Basel/Sunnyvale, 13 August 2014

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way different product than their primary business may be looking to expand options?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that this is a different path for Clear Choice - just pointing out that Clear Choice has entered into a strategic alliance - according to the RODO website, Clear Choice will have a three year exclusive in the US and, "As part of the strategic alliance, Clear Choice will also invest in RODO Medical's upcoming Series B preferred stock financing". Then late last week, Straumann invests in RODO purchasing up to 12% of the company. I have to imagine this provides support to the fact that Straumann will soon be the supplier of implants and prosthetics for Clear Choice.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobel is a publicly traded company. Any investment must be posted. They have no investment in ClearChoice.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well it's official. Straumann takes over all Clear Choice business.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Basel/Denver, 29 August 2014: Straumann and ClearChoice announced today that the two companies will partner to offer a new range of implant and prosthetic options to the ClearChoice affiliated network of dental implant care centers. The two companies will also explore possibilities to expand the ClearChoice business in North America.

In response to requests from its affiliated doctors, ClearChoice has recently evaluated various tooth replacement solutions offered by the Straumann Group including Straumann’s new range of low-profile angulated abutments and its unique Roxolid ® SLActive ® Bone Level Tapered implant. The combination of these with Straumann’s range of CADCAM options, including full-arch screw-retained bars and bridges, sets a new standard in immediate fixed edentulous solutions. Through Straumann’s Instradent platform, ClearChoice affiliated doctors will also have access to other attractive and effective implant solutions.

“ClearChoice performs more implant procedures than any other facility or network in the United States and w e are looking forward to partnering with them to offer more patients with proven, lasting tooth replacement solutions. At the same time, we are working with ClearChoice on other initiatives that could offer benefits for Straumann customers,” said Andy Molnar, Executive Vice President Straumann North America.

ClearChoice Management Services CEO, Kevin Mosher, commented: “Our Clinical Advisory Board evaluated several leading systems and unanimously agreed that the Straumann Group’s broad range of proven products and cutting-edge technologies will provide our affiliated doctors with an excellent range of solutions, enabling them to continue to offer innovative and high level dental implant care to their patients.”

Straumann and Instradent will begin to supply ClearChoice in 2015. To meet additional demand for CADCAM prosthetics – especially screw-retained bars and bridges, Straumann has initiated a project to expand its state-of-the-art production facilities in the USA and to increase its team of certified dental technicians there.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what do you think this means for Nobel?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's difficult to ascertain how much of Nobels business came from clear choice. Whatever that number is will now go,to strauman. Looks like Moser got his ounce of revenge against Nobel in facilitating this deal.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Moser got his ounce of revenge against Nobel in facilitating this deal."

More like a hundred f ing pounds, and Good for Him too.

Now I am beginning to have just a scintilla of respect for the man. Before this situation, not so much.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't think Moser had that much fight in him. Always seemed like such a wimp. Seems he held a long term hatred towards his former employer. Ironic that he should seek retribution when he caused so many Nobel employees their jobs, and created a huge amount of ill will towards Nobel when he was CEO. He's been through a bunch of jobs since being let go,from Nobel. Most likely this gig won't last for him either. Overall the guy is a pos.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's face it, the real reason Nobel lost the clear choice account was due to the failures experienced by the clear choice clinics. Nobel prosthetic parts fit like boots on a rooster and having to use washers to fill in the gaps between the prosthetics and the implants places the entire load for retention on a screw. Yes, a screw! By clear choice switching to STRAUMANN "all on four" now has a chance to last longer than it takes for the patient to have his first ham and cheese sandwich. Now that Nobel has joined ranks with implant direct maybe they'll both be selling their wares on eBay and amazon real soon! Great time to start "shorting" Nobel stock!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoke by someone completely ignorant of "All-on-4", success rates, and mechanisms of failure on any dental implant case.

Get informed- then come debate.

And I am a Nobel competitor- not an employee or rep. It just bothers me to see stupidity being peddled by my fellow sales colleagues.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Untrue regarding Straumann, but has decided to open the door to allow the doctor to choose the implant system or system they want. Not every doctor is a Nobel or Straumann fan.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Spoke" by someone completely ignorant of "All-on-4", success rates, and mechanisms of failure on any dental implant case.

Obviously English is your second language! All on 4 may work for a period of time, and success rates over five years are questionable at best because the final prosthesis is a wire supported denture! Methyl methacrylate is porous and absorbs color, flavor and bacteria over time. In addition, because it can't be removed and cleaned properly as a conventional denture would, after five years of being in the oral cavity it smells like ASS!!!

Nobel has now joined the ranks of another stellar company, implant direct. With their impending merger, I'm sure they will be happy together selling their wares on eBay or amazon. That joint venture is only surpassed by the time Warner AOL debacle!

Maybe Yugo and Saab can get together next!!

Ciao for now!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More ignorance. Clearly you didn't miss a typing class. I missed an "n". So sure me.

You are incorrect about the construction of the final prosthesis and the comment that it cannot be removed and cleaned properly.

I do agree with your comments on them now being owned by Danaher, parent to ID. Similar to BioHorizons & Camlog (Schein), 3i & Zimmer (Zimmer), Astra & Dentsply (Dentsply). All premium companies who seem destined for mediocrity.

And these docs who have no clue how much those former "legacy" companies are now going to change... it is going to be brutal.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Basically what happened was a value company just bought a premium company. Riddle me that?