Nobel Upper Management Needs To Take Responsibilty

Discussion in 'Nobel Biocare' started by Anonymous, Sep 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is Nobel's upper management going to take some responsibility for the downward trend the company has been experiencing? Numbers are down due to poor judgment and wasteful spending on things like Procera and Sales Force.com. The complete ignorance and faliure to listen to the field on the threat of intra-oral scanning has really put the sales force behind the eight ball with long standing partner accounts as well as any chance for competitive business with doctors utilizing this technology. Nobel used to be the company that was first to come to market with innovative solutions. This is no longer the case- Nobel is now a "me too" company with high prices and as so many customers say "not easy to work with". As if this didn't make working for Nobel a painful enough experience, there is the constant hard line taken by management in Yorba Linda. Let's face it, these guys are in way over their heads and feel that putting people on plans and micro-managing seasoned reps is the answer. GOOD LUCK FELLAS. Bring back Mosher and Cox, at least they had a plan.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Bring back Mosher and xxx, at least they had a plan."

So did Obama.

They all failed, miserably.

Your thoughts are Not a Solution.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By your extremely lame reply it's obvious you missed the point of this post entirely.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think things are rough now wait a few months. CEREC owners, and that means labs and doctors which equal over 15,000 in the US will soon be able to mill their own abutments. That means instead of paying $250 for an abutment from Nobel or $125 from Niznick, the docs will mill out their abutments on the CEREC machine for $30.00 and then make a crown for $30.00.
    When this happens in the next few months the implant business starts its slow death.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't wait until this company hits rock bottom. They absolutely deserve it. The constant changing of the upper management is a joke and middle management is......what do they even do anyway? They're just a bunch of washed up implant reps from the 90's who have no clue on what's going on in today's implant world. Now go have fun with your Esthetic Alliance Programs. Hahahahahahaha!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not too many people wil be upset when this company goes into obvilion. They mistreated very talented and loyal employees for many years. The whole Mosher/Cox/Vogel crew was the beginning of the end of this once excellent organization. It seems the company has never recoverd from the damage those idiots inflicted. An onslaught of low priced competitors, their miscalculation of the CAD/CAM market and failure to listen to their sales team as well as their customers has led to a slow road of demise. While other implant companies like Strauman, 3I and Biohorizens embraces CEREC and other dominate CAD/CAM technologies Nobel languishes with the false hope that their Procera will one day dominate. The whole business plan is flawed. When the CAD/CAM companies are able to replicate Nobels abutments their restorative business deminishes further. They have no solution to combat this eventuality.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep, very true!
    thats why the top dogs of Nobel are negotiating with some of the larger dental companies to buy them!
    The only way for Nobel is down!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must work for Patterson Dental with this Cerec comment. Cerec's not a player in the implant world. As a matter of fact, that Ti-base abutment they are making is a POS not to mention an after market part which voids the warranty of the implant. By you even mentioning Cerec in this context lets everyone know you dont have a clue. Most implant companies have their own system to design and mill custom abutments, you know, like Nobels Procera. They also have the ability to recieve files from other design softwares to mill custom abutments. Which brings me to the fact that Nobel abutments are and have been replicated for some time now junior. You see most systems these days can do just about anything you want them too. Ever heard of Atlantis or Glidewell? No implant company is embrassing Cerec (or anyone else for that matter) because they want to be able to control the quality of the prosthetics and get paid for them moron. This isnt the same as milling a crown chairside. You should shut up now and go sell more cotton rolls.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the most stupid post I've ever read on this forum. You f'ing clowns need to stick the the Patterson threads because youre making an ass out of yourselves here. Labs already do this DA! You just get back from Cerec training?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually the dumbasses are you Nobel reps who have been brain washed to believe Procera is a viable system. When doctors can mill a high quality abutment in 6 mins for $35 I can guarantee its going to effect your restorative business. That's starting to happen now. Look at what implant direct did to you and Zimmer in regard to Under cutting implant prices. Same thing is about to happen to your sacred restorative business. Doctors will be able to use CEREC, and E4D to make their abutments chair side. No more need to spend $212 on that Snappy abutment.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look Cerec boy, have you ever hear of the FDA? Well, youre going to if Sirona continues down the path you want them to go. You see, putting an after market abutment on anyones implant violates the warrenty. In addition, someone as astute as yourself should know, prosthetics for implant companies have been an issue for years so your little plan to dominate the prosthetic market is about 5 years to late. Sorry. Dentist are not going to want the liability when they can still mill the crown for the abutment. Now I'll tell you whats going to happen. Implant companies will and some have started selling chairside scanners so WE can mill the abutment for the doctor because knowingly putting a cheap abutments on an FDA regulated device will result in a malpractice law suit. I know your grand plan because I worked in distribution and sold Cerec. Youre just talking to hear yourself talk. I know the ROI and if you can save that much money, why doesnt everyone have Cerec?? Well I know the answer to that as well but I'll let you figure that out on your own. In addition, Sirona wants implant companies to work with them not against them. We know more about Sirona than you do so good luck taking over the world.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FDA has nothing to do with the warranty. The implant companies void the warranty to force doctors to use overpriced Nobel abutments. Its a fear tactic that doesnt work. of the .03 of implants that fail, the doctor can pay for a new one with all the money he is making on the 99.7 that dont fail. That combined with the money he will save by making his own abutment, will more than offset any worry about the screw warranty.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still don't get it, this isn't crown and bridge. Labs don't give a crap about Cerec because there's a lot better out there than that. So we're clear, FDA has to do with medical device which is how implants are categorized meaning they govern the industry. You crap isn't good nor does it have the blessing of the implant manufacture. Why would anyone want to put that POS abutment on anyone's implant?? Have you looked at it? Again, every implant company has a CAD/CAM product to mill custom abutments with a 510k approval to do so. Is that clear enough for you? I think I'd be more concerned about E4D cleaning my clock if I were you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctors are using Cerec to mill abutments because it costs them $25 instead of $210 from the implant manufacturer. Do you think the typical dentist cares about 501k or anything to,do with the FDa when he can save 80% on the cost of an abutment. And 100% of that additional profit goes directly into the doctors pocket. The FDA doesn't regulate the none surgical part of an Implant. If they did every lab in the US would have to get an FDA approval for every custom UCLA abutment they made. We all know that is not the case. A dentist is free to make an abutment and crown for an implant anyway he wants.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wanted to chime in here. The poster here is correct on the GP's decision on which abutment to use, but there's a catch on the way.

Yes, FDA are now looking into the dental industry to regulate what is attached to the implant. Remember, an implant is a medical device. The future stance of the FDA will require certification from labs to produce UCLA's within a quality standard grade to be determined later. The real gist of the change will have to do with bars, since in the future, labs cannot manufacture their own bars, it must come from a regulated source. Technically today, the FDA can step in on the sole fact that they can regulate anything that attaches itself to an implant. They just have bigger fish to fry in the ortho world.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'Yes, FDA are now looking into the dental industry to regulate what is attached to the implant. Remember, an implant is a medical device.'

Remember:

All labies lie and pee in the sink.

FDA is a Federal Agency, like say, the TSA.

Been in an airport lately?

Gobble Gobble Dipshit.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are on crack cerec boy! Your abutment is shit and it cost more than $25 to mill plus the crappy Ti base thingy. I've been in a lot of labs lately and your BS inlab isn't even in the convo. Maybe you should partner with ID and complete your world conquest?? They also talk a lot of meaningless BS so it should be a great merger. In the mean time, FO! Isn't your branch manager calling to find out why you cost him his bonus again?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"You are on crack cerec boy! Your abutment is shit and it cost more than $25 to mill plus the crappy Ti base thingy."

Are you the Nobel technical manager ?

Nice comment (for a moron).

Back to Retail for you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats really the best you can come up with??? This is the reason youre selling cerec and not equipment. You see all your blah blah blah is nothing new to me because Ive sold the product and actually hit plan doing so. Implants arent the same thing as milling crowns chairside and your off center attempts to bash an area of dentistry you dont understand is comical. If I were you, Id get a little more training and worry more about E4D than Nobels upper management.........as if you are qualified to do so. We both know you have the worst job in the branch.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Thats really the best you can come up with??? This is the reason youre selling cerec and not equipment. You see all your blah blah blah is nothing new to me because Ive sold the product and actually hit plan doing so. Implants arent the same thing as milling crowns chairside and your off center attempts to bash an area of dentistry you dont understand is comical. If I were you, Id get a little more training and worry more about E4D than Nobels upper management.........as if you are qualified to do so. We both know you have the worst job in the branch."

Why are YOU here ? Mom's basement geting cold and lonely ?