Nobody Buying?

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by anonymous, Nov 15, 2017 at 5:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It seems that the entire dental community (doctors and dealers) has taken a break from buying, despite positive economic indicators. This trend seems to have started over the summer. Are you seeing the same thing?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree, smaller orders and a lot of smaller customers not buying anymore.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The dental business has always been a roller coaster. Peaks and valleys. Happens every year.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dental supplies are a commodity and there is saturation in the discount distribution arena. Margins are plummeting at a faster rate than ever. Your #’s are mostly down because you’ve had to discount so much to stay relevant, which translates to lower overall volume. I’ve been in this business a LOT of years and started seeing this negative trend a few years ago. The typical “dental rep” is about to become extinct in a few years. What say you??

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If your revenue is up and your margins are down perhaps it’s time to get out of the industry, Get rid of catalogs, sales reps, customer service and sell via the internet. The doctors all want price. Relationships don’t mean a thing, it’s all about how much I saved.