Non compete

Discussion in 'Labcorp' started by anonymous, Jun 7, 2017 at 9:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this thing really that crazy? What about moving from Women's Health to Oncology?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The non compete is a joke. Don't try selling the accounts you sold and that's it. LCA knows it's a joke and there is no weight in its words. Go for it. LCA is a pit of losers with no guts. As they say.....no guts no glory.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't sweat it. Thing are so screwed up. They also do it...bring in people from competitors and allow them to violate their non competes and look the other way.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sequenom reps were forced to sign or get laid off....that has to be something you can use.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't worry about the non compete. I left LCA and went to a competitor (also took clients with me) They threatened me with a lawsuit so I went to a lawyer, paid him $250 and he sent them a certified letter stating if they continued harassing me,we would sue. Never heard another word from them.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I saw labcorp go after 2 Genzyme genetics reps in 2011. One in CA and one in TX. They left after being acquired but signed LC non-competes. They go after people and sometimes the new employer.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just being forced to suffer the humiliation of writing the name "labcorp" on your next application is the best noncompete in the business. No one will ever hire you again. Not even goodwill will go near you. You are all damaged goods. I suggest you find a good excuse for your "gap" in employment. Just like an alcoholic or heroin addict does fresh out of rehab. Hope this helps.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't let them scare you. Do no harm and tell them to suck it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

California has the most employee friendly laws of any state.
    Non-competes are not applicable to California residents except in the most narrow of circumstances.
    If you live in a "right to work" state they also can't touch you- especially if you were laid off, but also if you left because of things like organizational issues, people or policies.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds good until you spend $50k getting to the outcome you wanted.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think that is a very remote possibility. Keep in mind the cheap outfit we are dealing with here. They don't want to run up legal fees anymore than you. Yes, they may posture and saber rattle, but only in an extreme case will they spend.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They send a bunch of weak letters. That's it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lab non-compete is a joke unless you are very good at your job. Which you are not if you are reading this.