Noncompete?

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the deal with our noncompete clauses? Does anyone know the specifics of taking a different job?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you go with a competing company, Novo must pay you a years salary to NOT take the job.
    Trust me, I have been there done that, take the job and bank the years salary.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't know we had those???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no non-compete unless you have a contract. A peon like me and you are at-will.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is obvious you did not read your hire package, yes we are fire at will BUT there is a very solid non-compete.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just endured this process, Novo paid me my full years salary to stop me from selling Invokanna. Thank you Novo.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there seriously a non compete clause? If so, what does it say? What happens if they fire you. Does that make it null and void? Where could I find it at? The policy place?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are fired there is no non-complete. The non-complete only comes into play if you quit.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, look under bullet #3 - it says the non-compete is enforceable for any reason of termination of employment.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody can enforce a non-compete on a terminated employee. This is generally true, and particularly true if the termination is not due to gross misconduct.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no non-compete

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A non-compete is paid out ONLY if you resign and go to a competitor. If you are fired, no non-compete. People please read your paperwork.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello all,

I know this is a very old thread, but I am hoping that folks who have been through this before could help with some specifics. I am assuming that: A) the salary they pay for the year is the Novo base salary, not the salary of the job you would otherwise be taking, B) that Novo quits covering any kind of medical, etc and that all of that goes back to the "non-employee" to pay via COBRA, and C) that the standard minimum yearly bonuses disappear - base salary only with no adjustments because it is no longer a "job" and the details of the prior contract are void.

Are these correct? How did the details work in your particular situations?

I am thinking of going this route and just trying to figure out what I could count on.

Best regards!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

take ghe severance, take the new job, stay under the radar and they won't/can't be bothered

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't count on that. I've generated three patents and six invention disclosures for them that have resulted in two new potential therapeutic areas. They want my work product, they want my ideas, they just want to treat me like garbage at the same time. It is pretty likely that they'll attempt to enforce the non-compete.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You, my friend, need a competent employment attorney! What state are you in? NJ?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. The research site for the USA is in Seattle, so WA state. However the non-compete is enforced as NJ law, so the standards would be NJ based.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If what you say is true, then you’re too smart to solicit advice on CP.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the ego stroke.
    Does anyone here actually have experience with the non-compete payoff and how it is structured?