Norgenix

Discussion in 'Urology' started by Anonymous, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a phone screen with them yesterday. The CEO was very mean. It sounds like they are looking to fill positions for July.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

phone interview yesterday, salary is $50, training second week of May in SC for 5 days, expecting 1 maybe two approvals by end of 2009. Car, computer, blackberry, full benefits. Don't know what target bonus is, was told $90-$95 first year

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know who the Atlanta DM is?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are they hiring in Connecticut?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how is the company doing? Are they selling the drug?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atlanta DM is Guy Gardner. Has anyone accepted a position with Norgenix? Is the base 50k or 60k?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These salaries are absurd for certain levels of experience and parts of the country. Also, education level makes a difference and if it doesn't, you would be a fool to accept these salaries with a Masters or clinical background and sales experience. If they want to start a bunch of college students green to the business, then sure 50-60k is reasonable. Base ought to be up at $75,000 for specialty pharma. Thats what I started at in the early 2000's, but I have several years of experience along with other pluses.

These are the reasons you will hear about differences and they are appropriate, so don't get yourselves all worked into a lather.

You get what you negotiate and you need to do so in according to what you have to offer. An experienced specialty pharma rep ought to be making 75k base, period over and done with or you have been had.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where Are all you people who interviewed, then posted above?

One of you commented that the CEO was mean. In what sense, specifically? Was he just having a bad day or was that just his natural dispostion. Sadly, some people project their personal turmoil, so was that the impression you got or did he just not like you?

Just trying to get a feel for this guy, this company. No one wants to work for someone who is mean, especially during the so-called honeymoon phase. I consider this interview process a two way street, so I'm not going to tolerate that.

What sort of questions do they ask? Thanks.
    Also, what IS the salary range for experienced professional reps. Anybody?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody? Any interviewees find out when training is projected to start, where it is and length of time? I get the message that salary is low from above comments, but whats the bonus potential? That can make a big difference, so anybody with updates?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats going on here? How come there was all this talk about jobs and now nobody has anything to say here. Aren't they still hiring? Where? Did anyone get an offer that interviewed?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interviewed yesterday. Salary is 50K but if you do well you could easily double that in bonus. New products coming end of the year so more bonus potential. Consider this position more along the lines of med device- low salary,high commission. This is a commission driven position, not ur typical pharma position. Keep that in mind.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is the next training? When is their hiring deadline? Thanks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told home study would begin on June 13th and the following week is actual training.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's correct. Offers go out next week.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info, but the 13th is on a Saturday. Its hard to believe a company would have you start home study on the weekend? Are you sure the home study starts then?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's actually the 15th. Home study that week then SC the following week.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of disgruntled reps working here now. Low base, unattainable goals just implemented and a product that is not being readily adopted by practitioners. Probably going to be a mass exodus in the next few months, so look for additional openings if you are desperate.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given the short amount of time this has been on the market, its hard to believe its dead in the water already. Sounds like some people thought this would be an easier sell and fact is, in this economy, unless its a dire necessity, selling anything will be a challenge.

What exactly are some of the objections you're getting out in the field? Are you lacking in options to overcome the objections? If so and you've discussed it with your manager, more than just once, then what other recourse do you have than quitting? That doesn't sound like a smart move to me.

Its just hard to believe your comments and I wonder if it isn't a tactic to keep people away, from people who desperately need the job.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As i stated, if you are desperate, stay tuned and there should be some openings soon. They are still hiring and another training class will commence later this month.

The objections stem from the fact that many physicians have been burned by accepting what the reps tell them as gospel, then they were left holding the bag to the tune of several thousand dollars in some cases. Now the Norgenix rep shows up selling T-pellets directly to the account (at $60/pellet) and asking them to trust that they will be reimbursed. They do not want to put that kind of cash out without some sort of firm guarantee that they will not lose money. Norgenix offers nothing in writing but does have the reps tell the accounts that if they are reimbursed low (or not at all) that they will gladly offer them (after a lengthy appeal process is completed @ 120 days) credit for the difference toward their next purchase. Who in their right mind is going to want to reorder a drug that they have already taken a financial hit on and take a chance on going deeper in the hole? Testopel has an unclassified J-code for Medicare which immediately throws up a red flag in 90% of the accounts. Many reps are encouraged by management to sell pellets at all cost and not worry about reimbursement or verifying benefits in advance. This goes against the grain for most reps who display any amount of moral fortitude and want to do the right thing for their accounts in hope of getting residual business from them.

Sorry you have trouble believing my comments. I have no reason to keep people away as you stated. Several of the reps now working for Norgenix were in desperate need of a job and decided to take a chance by accepting the low base and promise of future products. There is a lot of second-guessing going on amongst the ranks just 4 months int this venture. My intent is merely to inform and address issues brought up in previous posts.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats quite a statement you've made there. To say that Drs. were left holding the bag for thousands is a potential legal issue and I assure you that if there is any truth to this, this company is in for some trouble. After your comments, it would be hard to believe that you are making this all up.

I don't imagine too many people will want the job after your report. I can only hope that you are being honest, because if you're not, there are more than just a few people who's lives will be transformed and the damage that will be done here is astronomical. Thats the trouble with dishonesty.

You see, when people really need a job, they need the truth. Its hard enough being in that position, but to finally get a chance at a job and come here and read this, is nothing short of devastating.

The full weight of your words on are coming down hard on the shoulders of a good number of decent people. I do hope you have told the whole truth.