North Haven, CT

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by anonymous, Oct 18, 2017 at 12:19 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anybody working at the North Haven, CT site? How do you like it? How is the engeering, NPD devision there? There is a job posting for a principle project/program analyst, anybody familiar with this? Thanks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they retaining mfg. ops. in North Haven, CT or offshoring it eventually? Will North Haven, CT be a safe and secure location for another decade or more?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work in north haven supporting NPD. I'm low on the totem pole, so I would not be consulted if they wanted to shut down the site, but here's my take:

Our new Medtronic overlords (praise be unto them) seem to be continuing the recent trend of expanding R&D at this site. Some of the product lines developed here are huge cash cows for corporate. As for manufacturing, it seems to be treading water or slightly decreasing in volume here. Older lines tend to move to overseas plants, but new ones spring up to take the old space/attention.

Large companies are leaving CT in general though. The baby boomer state workers that are retiring get insane pensions and benefits, so the state budget is a disaster. Taxes are high and it looks like they are going to get worse

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the grass there is much greener now at the North Haven site under the newer MDT umbrella (versus that of the COV/Tyco past)?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes and no. COV leadership was crass and clueless but the site was one of the untouchables. Leadership is better now, for sure, but we are not MDT blue-bloods and that adds to uncertainty.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is there a concern there that some or all of the manufacturing may leave and go south (to MX or CR) or even to Asia?