Northern California Manager

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been around the block...

fact is... when a rep candidate comes to the board to vent about a crap ass interviewer. usually, its for good reason. I have a lot more respect for someone who vents about it here, serving up the advantage of a fair warning to potential job seekers, who don't need one more jacked up crap ass interview.

First of all, it is easier just to move on and let everyone else suffer, wondering if it was them or was it, could it possibly be, that the manager in question, was highly questionable, him or herself. Anytime, someone takes the time, to share their experience, good or bad, I automatically have more respect for them. They didn't just shine it on, they let future prospects know just what they are in for and for the record, its usually pretty accurate. Most people who go into management, truly don't know how to interview, until they've been in the job a few years and even then, some just don't know how to leave the script behind or when.

Around this block and then some, so take it or leave it, but I am the voice of much experience.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know the last rep that left and he was shown the door by the tool DM simply because the DM didn't like him. That rep did a great job and was a good guy. Heard the DM took over the territory and it has plummeted.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG! Seriously! Actually, wrong again! The last rep was female, the rep before that was male and the manager liked him and was disappointed when he left for a surgical sales job! The only one he didn't care for was the female from over a year ago that was the "Laura Branigan" wannabe from YouTube.

If you're going to try to make someone look bad on here, at least get your facts straight first so you don't look like such a fool.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish there was a "like" button on cafepharma. I would "like" this one.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last rep was SF, a GUY, and he was shown the door by the douche bag boss. Get YOUR facts straight

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are talking about the Fresno territory, it WAS NOT a guy. Ask any of the ophthalmologists in the territory!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay,
    Read all the posts! And the age of the posts! Sacramento opening is still vacant! I'm interviewing soon, and would like true feedback from ISTA insiders! Curious to know who the DM is? I've heard through my network that PB, is one, as is TC? Please advise! Just like any other "true" sales rep, you want to make the "right" choice! I'm not wanting to embark on a sinking ship! Look forward to the replies!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I promise you, Phil or any other DM are not going to be your problem here at Ista. Just know it trickles down from the top....good or bad. The Sacramento Territory is a great place to sell in and earned Presidents Club from 2 different reps in the last 3 years. The previous rep was on his game and only left for a better opp outside of pharma... nothing more. Don't let people on here discourage you. If you're coming from big pharma, there should not be any shock to what you've experienced already in the indusrty.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this post. PB is the manager for Sacramento, he's a very fair manager and easy to work for. When there is pressure, it's from the top. Rumor has it that management is planning on switching the entire field force to ipads that will geographically track everything, including no-signature calls. So just know that might be coming. The company is all about tracking, reports, and call quantity. NOT call quality. It's unfortunate, that's why they are losing so many reps.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is JS that bad to work for? Why else would a dm step back into a tm position?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got it. What else could it be? People step down because of their boss!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tony Perkins? Is he still around?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because his manager (JS) was an asshole. He was looking at other companies and didn't want to deal with the guy anymore.