Not Paying Bonuses!

Discussion in 'Human Genome Sciences' started by Anonymous, Sep 1, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just talked to someone who left the company at the end of July and Savient is refusing to pay the 2nd quarter bonus because he was not employed on the day the bonuses were paid. He was employed for 4 weeks after the quarter ended though. They didn't tell him when he gave his 2 week notice that this was the policy. Is it even in the papers we sign when we are hired?

So if I know I am leaving in the middle of September, I need to hang on through Novemeber 15th to get the Q3 bonus? That's 2 months of not working very hard while I wait to get paid.

Seems copunterproductive to me. Pay out approx $7k to a leaving rep who was here through the end of a quarter OR pay $20k in 2 months salary while he hangs out doing nothing plus the $7k for the bonus. From the company's perspective, it doesn't make financial sense to me. Not to mention the bad press on CP and good luck finding someone to come over if they have a job elsewhere. This kind of policy says alot about how they treat their people!

I guess if you leave wait as long as possible to give notice or make sure your new company will keep you whole with a sign on bonus.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't work for HGSI but I think the company will do well long term. The science is unrivaled in the industry and that gives you hope. Your question makes me think that you haven't been in this industry long. The powers that be in the home offices (name a company) will do everything they can to give you the short straw - especially if you left them. Don't expect them to "do the right thing". Standard policy in most pharma companies is to pay reps the bonuses they earned only while they are still employed. This means that you might not get paid a bonus you earned because in their eyes you were not there to receive it. Just like most president's clubs - even if you won this year but the trip is in april and you left in march - their take is "too bad". Some companies do in fact pay you for a full quarter or partial quarter and mail you the check after you have left but this is the exception rather than the rule. Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The same message appears in the amgen board, f**k off.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the message it says Savient. Not trying to pretend it is another company. It is a warning to anyone who may be considering moving to Savient. It was posted on some boards of companies that have products in the rheum space. That's all...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to be HR. I worked for a company 5 years ago where the HR manager used to troll the boards looking for dirt and then she would stir things up with reps. When she was finally busted and called on it, she said that she did it to "protect the company". Sounds eerily similar.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the Amag rep from charlotte interviewed with HGS? Is Amag in trouble?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pleanty of bonuses

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stupid thread. They've paid thus far. They will continue to pay. Now just sell!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So not true!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok...so bumping the target for q2 to $16k is pretty damn good with potential of $27k for the quarter if milestones are hit. I will take that all year long