Not Surprising- 6 more Xeljanz Reps Bail like Rats on a Sinking Ship.

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jul 7, 2020 at 2:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Q1 it was 11 Xeljanz reps bailing for other companies

Now 6 more bail in 3 in East, 2 Central & 2 West!
    A Couple lateral to Oncology & rest left the company (17 reps in 6 month of 260 so 7%)
    *** 2019 27 reps left or 10%

It will only get worse for our Xeljanz division with the EXPERIENCED Top reps leaving in 2021 after Covid is over & companies start hiring.
    Soon by 2022 the entire Division will be reps under 3yrs w I&I & DMs with under 2yrs.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can we please give xeljanz it’s own cafe pharma page? It’s just one idiot talking about xeljanz all the time and they don’t even work here anymore. Then they reply to themselves and agree

Tired of these twenty xeljanz and i&i threads

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don’t have to read them.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Awe, let 'em vent. Cheap therapy.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You never heard of I&I on cafe pharma until the past year. Wonder what the hell is going on over there for so many to be unhappy & all the turnover at reps & mgt & HQ level.
    Guess this is only way for them to vent and yes they need their own division website for sure!

I am getting tired of the weekly complaining. Sounds like most of them are trying to leave anyway so do it & just leave without complaining about culture over there.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rep in the NE here & have been here since launch 7yrs ago.
    We have had a lot of turnover, dozen so reps earlier this year who just got paid a lot more $$$ from other companies. Some big pharma, some biotech & couple to startups but all for big salaries/stock.-- can not blame them.
    I&I is one of the smaller divisions in Pfizer w so when we have dozen reps leave maybe it seems more severe vs other divisions when a dozen reps is not even a blip on the radar.

Our management team does a good job not to announce or talk about people leaving for rep morale so most of the times it goes unnoticed until we find out through the grapevine or rep no shows at mtgs.
    Recently we have had good number of departures, but 6 of them i know of are still w Pfizer having lateral over to Oncology as we have a few ex Xeljanz DMs in Oncology who have proactively recruited some of our good reps to Oncology.
    In addition, we had a few who took earlier retirement to max out their pensions.
    Our division has had a 1/3rd of DMs leave the division the past 24 months, but IDK the reasons nor where they went.

I have a great relationship w my experience DM so for me that is all that matters. We create our own district culture that has been the same since launch knowing we can not control what HQ leadership does, good or bad.

We did get a new Global Pres, North Amer Pres & VP all in 2019. So naturally the culture from the top has drastically changed as all 3 are different & there has been a lot of changes in the Brand team and Operations since.
    It is not for me to judge if our leadership is good or bad as I get paid to just sell.
    Yes the Culture is different & we have become more a primary care business model with some decisions the past yr being eye brow raising, but not for sure how much impact doubling the reps from 110 to 260 & DMs from 12 to 26 with 2 new RDs has to do with culture change because most of these hires came from Internal Medicine or outside Primary Care companies that sold PC to GIs & their PC influence w HQ from bottom up has had.

Really just a lot of changes in a short period of time creates a different culture & organization. However if you have a good experience DM that understands all the challenges & issues in the division & keeps it insolated from you then nothing that happens from HQ leadership should effect your district dynamics & culture.

The good districts ignore the HQ nonsense & questionable decisions while filtering out 90% of what the VP & RDs are pushing down so we can focus on our own district family culture.
    Control what you can control, dont worry about what you cant control or what is different now vs the past, then you will control your own destiny.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to that. Xeljanz somehow thinks that their division/and bubble represents all of Pfizer. They are but a small minority. Pfizer is literally a global company with thousands of employees in a multitude of different verticals and teams, oncology, hospital, internal, vaccines, heck even Derm seems to try and distance themselves from being lumped together with Xeljanz in I&I. It’s just one thread after the other after the other and no one cares. Other Xeljanz reps are probably not even reading the posts as the good ones are probably too busy prepping resumes or trying to move to another division.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LIKED
    Could not have said it better my self from the last 2 posts! FINALLY some common sense insights into what sounds like a total cluster disaster of leadership in I&I, but represents less that 5% of Pfizer! Hell it might be 1% !

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LIKED

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Loosing 11 reps in Feb and 6 reps last month, is nothing!
    We have 20 reps going through onboarding training as we speak! (17% of the 260 reps)

Mgt never talks about who left or what openings we have, but just look at new hiring training classes will tell you how much turnover you have in any division.

Prediction in a year 90% of the 260 reps will be reps hired since expansion in 2018... very sad but will be reality. We already have 70% of current reps are 3yrs or newer to the division.
    (Yes looks like all is great in our division)

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LMAO
    You are way off .... 30 have left this year and 17 in new hire training from just the past 2 months!
    And another 4 nationally just came open this wk.
    % wise it way above the 5% natural attrition of normal divisions.
    I&I is like 20% currently and soon to be in 30% by 2021 with companies ramping up combine with moron decisions from PRES & VP with puppet RDs & green as grass DMs being YES people.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is accurate. Add 2 more today who are taking early retirement.

Also think same as other post that 2021 will be a mass exit with industry hiring as well as I&I deep layoffs end of 2021.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF is going on with the mass exit of Xeljanz reps! Hands down top turnover division by % in all of Pfizer.
    A dozen left Q1 and currently another dozen in new hire training.
    Today heard 3 more leaving - 1 Genentech, 1 Biogen & 1 to BMS.

I ve never seen or heard of such turnover the past year. Half our DMs are gone also.
    So it is not $$$$, it goes lot deeper. People will work for those they Like, Respect, Trust for less money if they are happy.
    Reps & DMs sure not happy here.

For exp, If my DM leaves, I will follow her & look to leave asap. As long as I keep her then I am happy & will stay. She agrees with the nonsense in HQ and filters a lot of the bad decisions & directions for the VP. Says "we are going to do our own thing that works for us & I will handle RD & HQ"
    She is filters everything & team loves her because we do not do anything HQ VP Marketing RD tells us. We have our own separate POA . And we deliver.
    If she leaves, i know 8 of the reps on TEAM will leave as all of us think outside our district bubble that leadership, decisons, & direction is horrendous!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biogen & Genentech just offered 3 today - rep grapevine travels fast.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh it is only the beginning !
    Over 50 reps in 2yrs and 30 past 6 months is nothing. Wait until 2021 when hiring picks back up. 50 out 250 or 20% will end up 50% turnover next 12 months.
    Only reps not looking are ones retiring in couple yrs. Everyone in every district has resume on the streets .
    And giving the lowest capability SHR1 reos salary bumps while doing 1 off matches for others just reeks of corruption Fox News style.
    BLM 360

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only losers go down with the ship.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you think we are trying to do.
    External or Internal, any life saver is worth jumping for.
    Surprisingly many reps have talked about going to IM /PC when Taz gets approved as at least the leadership is better.
    Half dozen have jumped to Oncology but that is limited. All of us want these hundreds of biotech openings & we have blasted applications but do not get past phone interviews.
    (I personally know 20-30 reps who phone interviewed for Biogen & did not get to the next stage) so we are trying--- at least the smart experience ones are.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You need to try harder or you will be left with nothing but greenhorns & inept leadership stained for anything else.