Not Surprising- 6 more Xeljanz Reps Bail like Rats on a Sinking Ship.

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jul 7, 2020 at 2:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think by now majority of the experience good ones are gone.
    Before the expansion 2yrs ago of hiring 150 PC reps & even lower GI reps from Tekada & likes, the pre expansion experience reps who built the billion a yr brand, less than 50 remain.

Most of the 250 are from the ridiculous expansion & recently hired (over 30 lost this Semester)

So most of good ones have already left

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well guarentee you after this POA content, it will drive alot more to start looking.
    These 2 days have been a mess and my peers in other districts have been blowing up texts in agreement. WTF is HQ leadership thinking & doing in Collegeville?
    By the looks of things, smoking a lot of weed killing brain cells!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So after the Central RD had a cup of coffee w Xeljanz then bolted to Primary Care, you have had the following turnover the past 24 months.
    President
    VP
    Marketing Lead
    Dir of Operation
    7 Brand members
    2 RD (of 3)
    13 DMs (of 26)
    54 reps (of 260)

Sounds like current division is basically brand new at every level. Usually when you see this amount of historic massive turnover, it is someone cleaning house but in this division everyone voluntary left.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Simple 4 Reasons why the best are leaving:

1) No Pipeline
    2) Xeljanz LOE 2024-25
    3) Culture
    4) HQ Leadership

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So are you saying the I&I Xeljanz Division the President, VP, Ops Director, 2 Regional Directors, 13 DMs, and 7 members of Brand team have left??????

If this is accurate then HUGE RED FLAG.
    Anybody in business will tell you when you have mass exits of execs & management that is not good as they have more or a vision & foresight than the 1st level employees.
    Mass departures like this is absolutely a sign of an organization or division collapsing.

Being in Vaccines, I knew of several mgt level people who went over a little over a year ago in the expansion that are no longer with there.
    Really didnt think much about it until learning of all the high turnover the past couple yrs.
    Sad as Xeljanz before Derm was viewed as the elite up & coming division with Oncology as cancer & immunology is the future of medicine.

When a good growing division with an elite reputation crumbles in a couple of yrs, you have to look at the top--- head person.
    In I&I that is Richard Blackburn... who i believe lateral over a couple of years ago from Europe.
    Ironic timing???????????

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So are you saying the I&I Xeljanz Division the President, VP, Ops Director, 2 Regional Directors, 13 DMs, and 7 members of Brand team have left??????

Totally unheard of outside of Enron.
    Incrediable turnover in both execs, management & reps.
    You can not get a bigger flashing billboard warning sign than this. Those are stay do so at own risk as the alarm & red lights been going off, so you know better.
    No reason to complain now as it is your choice to stay with all the signs & warning the last 2 yrs.
    (If Pres & VP leaving last year within 3wks of each other wasnt a big enough warning, then the mass DM, reps & brand team turnover should have been--) so its all on you now.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fools HQ & Sr Leadership plan 1-3yrs ahead! They knew too many rep & no pipeline with likely layoffs coming.
    All homers blue were in denial & CEO gave glimpse of job cuts coming in Monday.
    Hopefully this will wake up the brain dead Pfizer Blue for life to have a more strategic view looking at actions & trends from HQ.
    Good luck .

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just this year over 30 reps of 260 have left.
    Last year we had about 40.
    2021 will have lot more.

Hands down worse division with leadership judgement, decision & culture that I have been around in my 30yr career! Absolutely terrible.

Was actually pretty good at launch 8yrs ago with 78 reps & 8 DMs.
    It started morphing bad beginning with a primary care mindset bringing on foundation level Derm reps into I&I that influenced the division management.
    Then it completely crashed with new Global President in early 2019, then North Amer Pres as well as VP leaving mid 2019 created the free fall where we are now.
    (I ve been in 8 different divisions with 3 companies since college--- hands down worse current leadership)

3 more years & the division will be either collapsed or a BioSimilar divison with BS Humira & Remicade- Inflectra which will be price matched by branded companies.
    (BS needs to be given to Mylan with all the otjher BioSimilars they are getting in Jan)

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldnt agree more.
    Was once a good division first 5yrs of launch then 180 happened & accelerated downhill since

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well now add 3 more the week of the 25th.
    You would think there is a lottery to leave or something.
    Soon most of the salesforce will be reps hired past 2 yrs.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lets put this Xeljanz nightmare to rest once and for all, & hopefully reps can move on to a happier funnier divisions internal & external (which looks like many have).

Your Xeljanz division is a microscopic blip on global pfizer radar w only 250 reps out of thousands globally. So far more other things going on outside the I&I division. (Yes 2 billion yr in sales adds to the bottom line but headcount wise, you are only 1% global employees. Plus the division had 2 Billion sales with half the size of 125 reps before the as you term it "ridiculous expansion & combo model head of marketing pushed for SOV"

You think it is ironic timing both your North Amer President and Vice President resign 1 wk apart to leave for 2 different companies???? This level recruiting is a half a year process so both had to see a vision/future they did not like or align with the new European Global Pres whom I understand is the 5th one in 7yrs.
    Probanly 99% it was a difference of strategic views between the 3 the resulted in them looking for other jobs.

When you have multiple high level changes, you better hire well. If those who backfill do not have the experience or development for such roles , even if developed in a socialize medicine directive background, then you will see a change in culture, direction, strategy, just plain mindset that will cause any organization to fall, but it can rebound when they eventually get people under them that follow that same directive mindset. Until the attrition takes place, free fall will continue then might build back up.
    With 48 months left of LOE there might not be enough time for this bottoming then rebound to occur if it even does as nothing can improve bad judgement, decision making, & leadership skills.

The one thing all Xeljanz reps can do is look forward not back when times were great & collaborative model. That is the past so focus on the future.
    You know the current Culture & Primary Care business model is there to stay with current leadership, so you either fall in line like a soldier checking the activity boxes & not question or alter direction
    OR
    You look forward to control your own destiny like many of your peers have the past year. Look for opportunities in other divisions or companies, not excuses & complaining.

Believe me everyone in the US Operations know the issues with Xeljanz so you all complaining about this or that is nothing new to share--- EVERYBODY knows the dysfunction going on or we have heard it from various channels.
    No need to post about it.

Take action & future in your own hands.
    1) stay & fall in line & adapt to current regime
    2) seek opportunities in other Pfizer divisions
    3) look for jobs with other companies

Trust us, we all get it & understand about I&I
    (Why do you think they have had so much record % turnover.)
    Put your time & energy in taking care of your own future whatever that might be.
    That would be effort well spent rather than being disgruntled & unhappy.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest