Novartis BPO Question

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Nov 15, 2017 at 2:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was a law broken??? There was a list posted of common violations earlier in this thread. ABLs don't just report random stuff. This is real.
    I only know of 1 conflict of interest case that resulted in termination which was BS. But it violated policy and we have a CIA so it had to be dealt with.
    I think there's a lot of crap people are doing that they don't think anyone cares about but if an ABL sees it, they have to report especially if other people know about it and they know the ABL knows about it.
    Nothing slides in this type of environment.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, if it's a pre determined group of troublemakers, this rep would be aware that they had some something wrong. I'm not buying "I didn't do anything wrong".

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Employment at Will state. You want to bring an attorney they say no. You show up without one and admit to what they want you to admit. If you deny they can fire you. If you believe you should have an attorney present and they will not allow it, just don't show up. Is this job really worth the stress to jump on a plane and listen to the BPO people? Just don't go, get fired, take the holidays off and find a new job next year. This is Novartis. Bottom of the barrel in ethics and reputation. If you can't replace this job you must be a lower quality employee.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best honest advice yet.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will not be fired at the time of the interview. There need to be a decision by the BPO- the kangaroo court. Not much you can do. The Novartis system is fucked up. No attorney and you have to cooperate or you get fired. The system could work but the people involved are for shit. Google the people involved. Interviewer probably has limited experience. I was told that the guy who runs the BPO left law enforcement for curious reasons. I will leave it at that and you can get the details when you sue.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's right. The termination always happens shortly after the meeting: day(s).

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I really want to know how this turns out. When are you heading to NJ?

OP, will you please come back and fill us in? How did the meeting go? Was it something you did or an interview about someone else? Did they pressure you with psychological warfare? Did they share all the details or just try to coerce a confession? Did they offer you a severance to go quietly or did they just show you the door? Did they give you a check to cover your wages and accrued vacation? Did they drive you right to the airport when it was all said and done?
    Could anything save your job?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only way a law was broken is if samples or sold or you embezzled a ton of money. Other than that all those Company violations are just that...company infractions which are meaningless in the eyes of the law. That is the only way to get a court order for that phone..a criminal investigation which is highly doubtful. Fudging calls is not against the law.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes tell us who's going to jail, and what charges. Let's lock up these good ol boys.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How much notice did they give you? Same week or did they go two weeks to get the best price on flights?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back and review your copy of the Employment At Will Agreement you signed when you were hired.
    It states that the employee may be terminated for any reason and without cause. In addition, you will be told in the opening statement of your meeting or interview whether you are in fact being investigated, or, if you are there as a means to gather information about someone else. Good luck.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As someone who has been through it before ... including having no idea why u are called ... make sure there are 2 people in the room ... it’s in the literature somewhere that they are suppose to have 2 people . Don’t lie and the less said the better . If there are not 2 people I would refuse to talk . Find in the literature they sent that unformatiin before you go ! The process is not fair . Good luck

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this were a case of faked calls or even minor inconsistencies on expense reports they would just fire you and not fly you anywhere. This is either serious sampling issue, charge of some kind of harassment or serious compliance issue regarding use of marketing materials or off label messaging. Because they said someone has filed a complaint against you this is clearly not about anyone else, they are after you, period. This is about legal documentation in Novartis' favor NEVER YOURS. Say little & deny everything. MAKE THEM PROVE EVERYTHING! DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING TO USE AGAINST YOU BECAUSE THEY WILL AND YOU COULD LAND IN JAIL. Seriously, get a labor lawyer NOW.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Deny, act oblivious to everything.
    Don’t apologize. Don’t accept responsibility, unless it’s clear cut that you did it. Maybe the best answer if it’s evident you did do it is “I didn’t realize...”

I’ve never flown back but I have been contacted by phone about a colleague they were investigating...and he had to fly back.

If they want to fire you they will, but they won't do it while you’re back there. You’re still in possession of all of their property- iPad Samples, Car. You could go postal, and they don’t want that to happen. They will tell you when they finish their investigation you will be notified.

He was being accused of falsifying calls, and honestly? We all have done it in some way or another.. they force you with their BS KPI metrics. Why not just let us call on the people we can move business with.

He wasn't working and it was time for him to go. But he was told on more than one occasion shit or get off the pot. Again, they will dig at every possible nook and cranny of what you’ve done since you’ve been here. They had matched up gas receipts that the idiot filled 2 hours (outside if his area) on the day he supposedly made calls on several offices.

You can’t bring a recorder, you can’t bring in an attorney, but they also can’t force you to provide them with your personal belongings (phone)

Good luck

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These things are nothing more than witch hunts that you cannot win. They know the 100% of the field force is fudging calls. It's a management standard that they know they can get you on.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left Novartis but this was my experience. Things were going downhill between my manager and I. I was looking to get out of the company and I made it known I was not happy. Got the call to fly in. Procrastinated for 3 days to return the call. Messages were left 3 times a day. When I finally talked to them the meeting was set up in 2 days from the discussion. I asked to bring an attorney and they said no (I had one set up in NJ who was going to represent me). I cancelled at last minute. Was fired within the week. Best decision I made in my career. My advice: There are 250 million jobs in the US. I guarantee if you look around instead of settling for Novartis you will find a better company, more ethical company and better pay.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only way to beat these losers is to turn the tables on them. But in order to do that you need Corp Atty in place and something good against NVS. You have to hit them first, go on the offense. If you don’t have anything good to run w/ just cancel meeting and move on, There are a number of violations the ABLs are endorsing for instance promoting to reps that MDs don’t have to send patient to CDs 1st and suggesting MDs just check that box on the PA form (basically skip over it). (Which is Medicare fraud) because the patient probably already saw a CD before. Another good one would be samples, most companies make you reconcile monthly not NVS. Once a year. Have you tried to reconcile your samples? Damn near impossible.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what was it that they brought you in for? Did you get fired?