Novartis Oncology - Why are so many great people leaving?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Jan 13, 2017 at 11:26 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are so many great people leaving Novartis Oncology?

This ones was a special place. Now many great managers and talents have left (Global, Development, US, EGM).

Thereby you can almost watch a negative selection. How can this be?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$$$$$$$

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology has become a weird place.

Senior roles get often filled with external or GenMed people. Great internal talents leave.

Let's hope this place does not become a second Alcon.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology EGM is such a venomous snake pit. The leadership is incompetent to the core and with fantastically wrong values and behaviours - even for Novartis standards. No one in their right mind would want to be in such a toxic place.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, real talent eaters.

And it is indeed the trick of incompetent management to hire externally. Thus, they get more loyalty which helps to cover their weakness.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of good leaders leaving. David, Rainer, Guido, Oz, Ketchum, Mahesh, Harout. The list goes on and on and on

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

nvs onc has a horrible culture and work ethics. lots of pressure to be best, innovative and continuously growing. If you are any good and a us citizen, why stay??

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I definitely wouldn’t call Ketchum a good leader. He’s everything but.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too many reps calling on the same docs with the same product!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mahesh was painful. McKinsey guy who went from role to role adding no value

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Retirement is overdue. Was protected much too long.

People will be relieved here.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just one of the many useless managers selected and groomed by Rainer. Fortunately, he was not in positions to make a lot of damage - unlike the global guys Rainer put in charge of Entresto.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I beg to differ... as a FF leader over the past year, I say that he brought in very strong, decisive leadership. Looked out for the field in a big way. You seem jealous of Mckinsey guys - a lot of them at Novartis.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you think Rainer was bad then you are crazy. Are you one of those who complain about anyone and everyone? Don't you recognize good people when you see them?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reading comprehension not your forte? I wasn’t referring to Rainer’s character. I actually think he is a good person.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That probably the reason we are doing so well... the only answer those people have in mind is INDIA INDIA INDIA

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

india is the problem not the solution. Our counterparts there cause us so much more work in headquarters considering we constantly have to re-do their work. Trying to figure out where they came up with language or data takes 5 times longer than if we did it ourselves.

If management listens to one thing I hope it's this. No matter how much savings you get per headcount, and no matter how much training you give the Indian colleagues, I doubt it'll be an effective solution.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree..he was canned..mahesh was terrible..sucked up and kicked down