Novo, Biogen, Genentech, GSK all hiring $$$$

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jul 8, 2020 at 9:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK, Novo, Biogen & Genentech all ramping up hiring hundreds for specialized blockbuster products.
    Big $$$$$ (avg salary 170k)

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think all of Pfizer reps would agree that Pfizer pays good not great because they are way too big with massive duplication of rep jobs for per territory. Law of Large numbers with Big Pharma & thousands of reps.
    Pfizer actually pays MORE $ per territory than any company in the industry. 2-4 reps per terr w total comp 120k is 240k-480k per territory while smaller companies have 1 rep per terr paying 170k.

Thing is yes you can make lot more money w other companies but we have it OK at Pfizer.
    It could be worse as avg 90k salary is pretty good.
    My husband is very successful as a CFO & COO of several IT start ups so I do not need to work as my Pfizer job is my outlet from 4 kids under 12 and spending money for them.
    So if you are not the bread winner of your family, Pfizer is a dang good job for working moms to have a lot of Flex time w kids while making 6 figures to spend on them.

If you are the breadwinner then yes there are lot more better paying jobs out there that can add up to millions more over 20yrs.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

your post was going fine until you included the description of your privileged life . Just sayin

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is OK about working at the most uptight, metric driven, micro managed company in the industry while making a lot less money? That is nonsensical.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When my wife is an surgeon being the founding partner of her practice of 20 surgeons.
    My counterparts husband owns like zillion office buildings across US , so for both of us 120k total is great spending money.
    Just learn how to check the box & not worry about the crazy HQ BS & decisions.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK, kids, simmer down.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like some good jobs being posted now companies starting to hire.
    Big $$$$ companies.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks. Will check them out but 175k salary would be just a lateral for me so better have huge stock tied to it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok if that’s the case and you don’t need the money do something better with your time to help people and patients. Being a drug ain’t it. If you like the money go make more of it doing the same job at a company that is not a micromanagement gulag. Pfizer literally has the worst reputation in the industry for good reason.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good point, why if are satisfied w Pfizer then do same thing with another company paying 160k vs 90k then you have 70k more spending money to blow on useless stuff like guy Vegas trips or 20th pair of shoes but get paid your value doing the same thing.

Add Stiker & Medtronic to the list of companies unlocking hiring w GSK Biogen Genentech Novo.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sign me up coach!
    I am ready to leave the minors & earn my real value in the majors!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which GSK roles offer $170k?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Specialty Rare Disease & Oncology

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hell i make 175k base w Derm, why leave??

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Companies with good R&D are ramping up Oncology & Unique rare disease with an untapped need.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Open the bank vault as free agency is now officially open with hundreds of job postings the past week with dozen companies!
    May the cream rise to the top & you be respected & rewarded for your true value

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is there any desire by PFE to compete so it doesn’t become a breeding ground for other company talent?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer is a primary care marketing company & within that realm they are one of the highest paid at an average salary of 95k and total comp of 125k a yr. That is by far industry leading in PRIMARY CARE.

Oncology has made a effort the last 4 yrs to pay reps accordingly given the high specialty. Average Oncology reps now make a base of 150k and 40k bonus.
    The other specialty divisions of Derm Vaccines Xeljanz are all actually over paid for sample dropping glossy reminder reps who just cater food.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hundreds of jobs hit companies websites today. It is like the green light were given to half a dozen companies! My alerts were going off all day with tons of new postings.
    If you are looking, now might be the time while jobs start to get posted nationally with many companies.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your alerts ? Are you a recruiter ?