Novo reps new strategy- HIPPA violation

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m a physician in the Ohio area and I’m appalled that this was offered to me. The reps pitch was offering to physically go through my stack of prior authorizations in attempts to get Ozempic through. They would go to the pharmacy with this personal information and if they couldn’t get the medication through they guaranteed to provide that patient with free samples for a year. All I have to do is agree to write Ozempic first after metformin. This is exactly why I won’t be seeing reps anymore in my office.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Liar!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what a crock of BS, at least make up a believable story next time, I don't care what company/competitor it is

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is unfortunately true. I had two NP that went from Rxing nothing in the class to a ton of Oz and I had no clue how until the Care Coordinator spilled the beans that a Novo rep, supposedly a Diabetes Educator, was coming in and going through patients charts with them and teaching/giving recommendations. I honestly should be thanking them though since I’ve been able to get them to start using Tru instead of Oz now. Huge HIPAA violation in my opinion.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if this is true (and it probably is), then you need to call the FDA, not complain here. You being a healthcare professional and reporting something has a lot more weight than a stupid anonymous board where we complain about management and company cars. You can send one hell of a shockwave through Novo (who’s known for shit like this)

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol. Only a millennial would really think that a doctor is posting on this board.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's your office and you're in control. If the patient and the provider ok it ,then it's ok. If you call the feds you're calling to report yourself. Some companies allow this and some do not. Call the company if there is any questions. If there is prior Auth help they are separate from sales. If educator has a quota then there is something fishy. Use cover my meds or something easy.