NP to MSL

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by anonymous, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will be receiving my FNP degree soon (a Masters).
    I have been a nurse for 20 plus years and have worked in Pharma for the last 10 years.
    Any suggestions regarding companies that hire NPs with Master degrees as MSLs?
    Thanks in advance!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been in the industry for 27 years with three global pharmaceutical companies and have never seen other than a PhD, PharmD, MD or DO as an MSL. I know of an ARNP who was told that her degree did not qualify her for an MSL position with one of those company's HQed in Philadelphia/RTP.

I know that doesn't answer your question directly; but my observation is a good indicator of probability.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You were fired from all three right ?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've seen many NPs as MSLs - Genentech comes to mind.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have hired three DNPs for our team. We specifically wanted to reach the nursing audiences, and they were asked to focus on that segment. They are really tearing it up and they also have regular MSL duties. We just promoted one to team leader, and she is fantastic.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. They reserve that for losers like you.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for your positive response! Iā€™m the original poster of the question and I did find a MSL position however I am very interested in your model which focuses on nurses

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a DNP from one of the top 5 schools in the country and 10+ years of clinical practice as an NP. I am looking to break into the MSL role. Would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction as to who to apply for?