NPR podcast on the Suboxone black market

Discussion in 'Reckitt Benckiser' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/07/31/157665908/episode-391-the-anti-addiction-pill-thats-big-business-for-drug-dealers

Episode 391: The Anti-Addiction Pill That's Big Business For Drug Dealers

There's a pill called Suboxone that treats addiction to heroin and pain pills like oxycontin. Doctors and addicts say it's amazing.

"It was the best thing that ever happened," one heroin addict told us. "I was like OH. MY. LORD. This is a miracle pill."

The government spent tens of millions of dollars developing Suboxone. Doctors can prescribe it in their offices. But a lot of people who want it can't get it from a doctor, so they have to buy it on the street.

Today on the show: Why people have to turn to drug dealers to get a pill that fights addiction.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suboxine may work, but for many who don't want to substitute one drug for another and continue to be a pawn for big pharma, ibogaine detox is a better solution. ibogaine detox is a way to end the drugs once and for all, many people find it almost impossible to get off of suboxine, or even vivitrol and thus ibogaine is worth researching, Crossroads ibogaine Treatment Center is a good start

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool story. Now go promote your detox center somewhere else. People can and do get off Suboxone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do? Any published data on that?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good thing we don't have a pill. Jack wagon .

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do we have data that shows people can and do get off Suboxone though? I haven't seen it, been here a while. Jack Wagon.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you had been here awhile you would know the answer to that question. Most of us here are happy, especially the long timers. The short time youngsters who are complaining should just leave. Life is too short for you whiners to remain unhappy, so go back to Mommy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Long timers use terms like "Jack Wagon."

So just to be clear, you're writing to confirm there is no data that clearly shows many people get off Suboxone.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure they can, I believe they earned the right to do so. Launched it, launched film, why so sensitive about calling you jack wagon ? You brought it up now taste it. Jack Wagon

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reading B
    Comprehension F

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some do, some don't. A know a lot of my docs that keep patients on Suboxone, then successfully titrate them off it over a few years. Those patients have stayed sober. The common thread among those doctors? Good programs that require counseling, drug tests, written contracts, family support, and accountability. The doctors that don't ask this of their patients often have "lifers" or chronic relapsing patients. Unfortunately not every doctor operates a good practice. That is where Suboxone is given a bad name.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the anecdotes. I've heard a lot of these stories in my territory too. But anecdotes don't count as clinical data. Where's the research that backs up the claim, "many patients can and do get off Suboxone?

Regards,

P. Jack Wagon, MD

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ability to detect sarcasm F
    Ability to provide actual research clearly demonstrating patients can and do get off Suboxone F

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suggest you pay attention at meetings and in training. This is not the place to provide that information. Older people know that, the young ones need to be spoon fed.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree w poster #12
    You asked a rep (who's been brain washed by company to think he's a science expert simply by using fake title "CL") for data to back up his fake and arrogant statement and all you get is bullshit!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having your period? Ha, Ha.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes this is the weakness of the company. the fake rep title sounding like a science expert. Thanks to your founding "pioneers". Set the whole mess on fire from the beginning....AND a certain MC director allowed to terrorize people across teams unchecked and still kept on the dole

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Show me the data that proves your option is more effective than Suboxone. On what population and who did the studies, when and what parties financed the research? How many studies can you produce, by whom, using what scientific methodology? Published in what credible journals and paid for by whom? I want All the facts..not just b.s testimony.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been on Suboxone for 7 years. This is harder to kick than the opiates I was addicted to. Been on literally 1mg for about 7 months. It's definetly possible to get off but damn it's much harder to get off 1mg than the drugs!!!! Most don't because they rather take the subs than deal with the horrible withdrawls. I had several friends on it, about 6. And only know two that have got off of it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Meanwhile, you were probably hooked on Oxys for 2 or 3 years. By the way, you know Suboxone is an opiate too right? You're hooked on the "treatment" opiate longer than the "problem" opiate. Suboxone is such a fucking joke.

If you want to know the actual truth about Suboxone, ask some who either:
    A) actually stopped taking it
    B) doesn't make money off of it in some way (doctors AND patients).

Pretty hard to find anyone that meets either criteria. And so the the monster continues to grow.

Pill Mills, phase 2