NPWT pumps (engenex) catching fire

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Oct 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hjhkj;

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any fires lately other than skilman

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well it did go down in flames finally
    and it started with a burst of fire
    and fizzled out in the end

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the convatec NPWT Engenex appears to be removed from the convatec website is convatec still liscensed to distribute the ENGENEX product in the USA? Word is convatec is has exited the NPWT market to focus on the core business. any thoughts or updates

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not ask Ed F, the genius behind the marketing of this worthless product

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ask who?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...Classic example of bull%$#@ on this site. Go to the frigging website and look under Wound and Skin. Engenex is STILL there.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Genius!!! I think he got let go with the rest of them. He was worthless. Afraid to commit to anything because he knew nothing

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was he really canned?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A little clarification for those attempting to sound knowledgeable about Engenex..

1) Use the MAUDE report to obtain facts.....if you dont know what this is maybe you should offer opinions outside of you scope of knowledge. The FDA's facts about the smoking pump is outlined in the report

2) It was the 'leadership' at upper levels that side-tracked success of this product at ConvaTec. The team working with the sales force were forced to work within a ridiculous set of parameters. ConvaTec bit off a sales distribution model that was fatally flawed from the start

3) The sales efforts behind this product would have been more conducive to success if the commission was more commensorate with the effort required to service the referral source / dealers. A 3% commission on a such a labor intensive product was false logic

4) The Boehringer hourly-billing model is flawed at all levels. In the hospital setting it is an extra step to take while working under tighter time constraints. For the dealer it is diametrically opposed to the customary purchase/depreciate asset model. Imagine paying $12000.00 a year for a product you never own. Within a year the dealer is bumping up agains a credit limit that prevents growth.

5) The ability to RD a next generation pump is restricted by previous growth models that forced the manufacture to stockpile an inventory of existing product far in excess of 2011/2012 sales potentials.

In short, the BioDome interface IS a great step forward in NPWT dressing technology. But the limitations imposed by inadequate market forecasting at the pre-launch stage is likely going to prove to be the death-knell of this product.

Engenex is a durable medical device requiring expertise in home medical equipment distribution. ConvaTec is a disposable commodities manufacture practiced in the art of national channel partners to distribute it's portfolio. The two are not compatible.

Engenex is just not a good fit for the sales and distribution infrastructure at ConvaTec.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duh! We already knew this without your pedagogic ramble

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone confirm if there is a brand manager for NPWT at Convatec

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who was the executive committee (EC) member who brought NPWT to Convatec?
    What team did not do the due diligence prior to launching this product?
    Is this person still employeed?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct on all accounts. This is truly a brilliant situational analysis. ConvaTec management would benefit from reading this analysis about 10 times over and then making a smart (and wise) business decision. You are not first, you are not significantly better and I don't think you are significantly less expensive. How in the hell do you want the customer to perceive you? I'm your customer and I like your products but I just don't get it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to check the codes to if a GFCI is required. The wiring must be run from the service panel to the general vicinity of the new pump, and leave a few feet of slack. Then just use the stainless steel screws to mount a piece of 2-by-4 to the wall to serve as a base for pump. Have not had a single problem since set up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wasn't this Dave J's decision, despite much opposition from the EC?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes there is, his name is Buck Wheat.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Alfalfa was all up his ass about this thing and that thing. they just dont see eye to eye when it come to doing business. it worked out in the end when Alfalfa negotiated that 24 month termination offerr. He back at the house just a laughin

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The little rascals went to school and the teacher started the lesson for the day. "Class today we will study the word "dictate", can anyone spell the word dictate for me?" Darla raised her hand and said "I can teacher ,I can" "Ok darla please stand" Darla stood and said "Dictate, D.I.C.T.A.T.E dictate" The teacher said " very good Darla", "Now can anyone use the word in a sentence?" Buckwheat raised his hand and said" I can teacher,I can!" "Ok buckwheat please stand and use the word in a sentence." Buckwheat stood and suddenly turned to Darla and asked " How'd my dictate last night Darla?"

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not confused why this person is unemployed, I'm just reflecting upon the waste of our tax dollars given to him in unemployment and soon to be welfare checks.