NSM- are we commingling?

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica' started by anonymous, Jan 3, 2017 at 10:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can't argue with all you said, the rollout and communication was horrible. They did sell out their own reps in a greedy grab to be #1. Hopefully some of our good people will relocate or find other umployment. For myself, I'm glad to be employed. Bi did not take care of its employees, I've been around the block and never expected them to act any different than to line their pockets at the expense of the people who built their company.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's so incredibly sad. We trusted the company who had treated us so well to do the right thing. We gave our heart and soul to catapult them from an unknown, unpronounceable entity to a fixture in every practice. And then they let their most loyal, their most skilled, their highest integrity reps go, after ten months of promising to keep the best of the best. It's heartbreaking.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is heartbreaking. And its going to hurt BI in the long run. Clinics were already talking about how bad it was that we didn't know what was going on for so long. When they find out their favorite reps that have been around since the beginning are gone and their newbie merial rep that brings no value to them is in their place, they will definitely start to question their relationship with the company.

Does anyone know exactly how many offers were made and how many were accepted?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think about 40-35 offers were extended and about 15+ declined the offer. Heard HR was SHOCKED at the amount of people that didn't want to come to the new company.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that should make for an interesting (i.e.awkward) NSM. What a nightmare for those that are left. They will be the newbies now and that's just unreal considering BI was supposedly driving the bus.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot more than 15. More than double that and the hr notifications still coming in.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So there really isn't a BI pet division anymore. Its Merial with a couple new hires (I.e. the heritage BI that didn't have another job lined up). Wonder what BI expected to happen with the meager amount of offers they extended. Are they really that blind to how shitty they have treated their employees?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't understand why you legacy BI pet reps expected a job. BI sold their pet division to Elanco. Elanco took the reps worth taking. If you didn't go to Elanco then you aren't worth keeping. What made you think the new BI would want you? Especially over a Merial rep who already knows the product line?

Maybe it's time you go back to being a car jockey at Enterprise.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And there you have it! Typical Merial response .
    BI did not sell their pet division. BI divested products based on FTC and Elanco hired based on geography openings. It will be wonderful to see you at the NSM this week.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is the problem. You put your trust in a company. Companies do what is best for the bottom line (money) not what is best for the people unless it is for the people at the top. They tell you what you want to hear so that you will stay until the deal closes. You didn't know that?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. Just ask Virbac. They paved the way of laying off legacy (Virbac) employees while keeping all the newbies from Novartis when they had their big layoff last fall.

Monkey see monkey do.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well- the comp plan looks good. Should we "trust" them though? How is everyone feeling?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better... we'll see in a few months though...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would you give your soul to a company? Why would you put your trust in a company? The company is here to make a profit, not to take care of you.