Nuerovision/XLIF personal injury suits

Discussion in 'NuVasive' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time until Personal Injury lawyers take on Neurovision NM/XLIF as next BIG OPPORTUNITY?

For the past 10 years, Drs. have been utilizing a "Black Box" model of Neuromonitoring in a high percentage of XLIF cases. Drs. with no Neurophsyiology (NP) Certification, and most likely, little-to-no NP training.

Over/Under set at 2 years on first TV appearance of: Have you or someone you know had an XLIF Procedure to treat back pain and experienced leg pain or weakness after surgery? Call us at 1-800-xxx-xxxx.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in a case today and yes the nuva rep just put the things on and went under the sterile sheet to address a bad one during the case. (nurse would not do it for the rep) Damn i could not work for nuva if i had to do that crap. That is assault and battery on a patient that is asleep. Watch out nuva you need Impulse to help cover you behind.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now there is one heck of a cat out of the bag.

Equipment couldn't be diasassembled to sterilize......

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,
    Have been reading this thread with great interest. In 2007 I had XLIF from L1 through L5. This was followed the next day with screws & rods from L5 through T10. Nerovision was used along with other systems. Long story short I have 4 screws that are into the spinal cord and four other screws that were installed going through the endplates of the vertebra and are digging into the vertebra above. Needless to say I’m “screwed”.
    Have found some info but can’t seem to locate reports or info about other failed surgeries like mine. Any info or advice would be appreciated. And No, the doctor who did this never reported it to anyone.
    Thanks,
    Ron

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ron,
    It sounds like your surgeon was or is an idiot. You cannot blame screw placement on the implant or the impant company. The placement of pedicle screws is the surgeons responsibility.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The surgeon was supposed to report the bad outcome to the FDA Maude within 60 days. Unfortuneately there is no punishment for Surgeons/Doctors who fail to report Medical Device/Surgical procedure failures.

The Coroent XL's (XLIF Peek plastic disc spacer) FDA approval letter said they MUST use FDA approved fixation when they implant those. So it WAS a required procedure for that medical implant/device.

YOU can go to the FDA Maude website and report a bad outcome. You will see it up on their website shortly after...and within a few weeks it will be scrubbed...disappeared.

It was ordered by one of the President's Czars who runs the FDA......they are now using "Bayesian Statistics" to approve medical devices/implants. No more clinical studies to prove its safe. Bayesian Statistics= they'll look at the data as it comes in. They wanted to created money/jobs at all costs. Even if it means they'll kill or maim.

Our deaths/maiming came from the top.

You used to be able to use Google Image search and find images/xrays of people who had the XLIF surgery.....not anymore. San Diego's gotten Google to join in on hiding their money making venture. You won't find any more images/xrays on the internet.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am getting ready to have the xlif. I asked my doctor what was the name of the monitoring system. I was told the hospital takes care of that, it's called Physion SSEP monitoring. He will be putting Nuvasive product in side me. A Nuvasive rep will be at the hospital so I was told. I am really scared now. I am not sure how to approach my doctor on this. I choose the xlif over the plif. I am on WC and want to get back to work. I have seen 4 doctors all with different ideas to give me a one level fussion at L4 & L5. All of them can cause nerve damage, but Nuvasive seems to be the worst. Any thoughts would help.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If somebody really wanted to scare you they might inform you that no Doctor may even be in the room for your operation. College kids in training might do the surgery under the Surgeons name...and there's no Federal or State law even required for that surgeon to even be present in the operating room when you get operated on.

A few States atleast require the surgeon to be in the same building.

The XLIF surgery didn't bring Nate Quarry back to work. We don't know if there is ANYONE who's been able to go back to work after getting an XLIF.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The guy who posted the last thread is a complete idiot and liar. Nate did go back to work and won his fight after the XLIF it's on youtube. Any surgery has risks I have seen good and bad outcomes in every approach. Your going to be in pain after any surgery a PLIF has a pretty aggressive approach and the muscles back there will be in pretty bad shape, they should heal but it will take some time. A lateral approach heals quicker and most people return to a normal life much quicker. Every patient is different but an XLIF can be a great corrective surgery for certain indications for certain patients and the technique is followed. As with any surgery its in the hands of the surgeon, company's provide tools and guidance on their products but the surgeons make the final decision. Focus more on the surgeon and less about what company he uses that is what is ultimately important.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wanted to come back and let you and any one looking up the XLIF that I had a GREAT surgery. I am pain free. I had the NuVasive monitoring system and one othe system on me. When I think of the name I will come back and edit. I had the hardware put in via a partical PLIF and only one side of my veritabra at L4-5. They did the normal XLIF except for placement of the hardware. I couldn't be happier. I met my Nurvasive rep. She was really nice and me feel very safe along with the ther rep. I was asking question a hour before surgery. They were very kind. I had my surgery 7/12/12 at Marina Del Rey Hospital in Southern California. Just wanted you all and anyone that finds this site. The XLIF/ parical PLIF and my Doctor Sanjay Khurana along with his staff were and are the very best. There are happy ending

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HEY NUVA MARKETING! NOTHING LIKE ANOTHER BOGUS MARKETING POST.

OH BY THE WAY! When I had my last surgery I met the Sales Rep that sold the scrub soap. She was really nice and made me feel safe along with her rep helper. I was so glad the doc had her soap to wash his hands. Nothing like meeting a sales rep before surgery!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did the rep tell the patient that they neuro-monitor your case and that I am not a neurophysiologist? Hey if you wake up with foot drop or burns where I placed the electrodes sorry it happens. Better yet if you wake up with a hole in your leg it is because during the case I had to replace a needle that was placed wrong or did not work and kinda slipped on the slick floor under bed and cut your leg. Sorry!
    Not good.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was at the Marina Del Rey Hospital Southern California. Her name was Janet. I am not a rep. I came back to post one thing positive about my XLIF with a product you people make a living at.

I don't get why you are so ready to dismiss me. For anyone looking for information and as scared as I was that found this board. Yes you can have all the things happen to you that these people here are talking about, but it did not happen to me.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

47% drop in profit this quarter. Not making much of a living right now.

http://www.massdevice.com/news/spine-wall-street-wavers-nuvasives-latest-quarter-charges-outpace-sales-growth

This thread is about personal injury suits. Anyone see the news articles saying the thugs controlling the FDA have been spying on their internal whistleblower scientists who've been saying unsafe things have been allowed to be used on Americans?

http://www.massdevice.com/news/sen-grassley-calls-backup-probing-fda-spy-scandal

At all costs to make money and jobs. Who told Google to scrub all "XLIF X-ray" images from their search engine and why?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again Thank You for all the great information. With out I could of not given it all to my surgeron to ask him direct questions about all this. He was up to date with all of this except for what you just posted. This site is very valuable for making a informed dision and getting that info to surgeron to see if he informed. Thank you again

17. #17 Anonymous, Mar 4, 2015 at 11:34 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016 at 9:36 PM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nate Quarry probably was probably able to do that last fight on prescription narcotics.

After that..he aint worked since.

He wrote on his Twitter Account a few years ago he even had to go overseas to get revision spine surgery on the same exact spot and they probably yanked that plastic spacer out an put something else in there.

Nuvasive didn't help Nate. If it wasn't for his speaking for them checks he'd probably have committed suicide by now.