Nycomed - What's this mean?

Discussion in 'Bradley' started by Anonymous, Nov 4, 2007 at 12:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what's this merger or buyout really mean?
    Are we keeping our jobs? What is Nycomed going to do with us?
    Will home office stay intact? What about the sales force?
    Layoffs? Raises all around? What's up?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It means the bottom third slackers are toast. It means they will look at all of us and see what regions they are weak in and use our reps to fill those areas. In places where coiverage is good, our only hope is if the person there is not performing. If they keep all of our products going, they will need more reps than they have (they are around 50). I think they will keep about half of us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't even have a sales force!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes they do. PharmaDerm, run by Malcom McCoy as VP of Sales and marketing. They own the old Glaxo Derm products

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we will see huge restructure hopefully for the better, will have to follow strict pharma guidelines, looking forward to the change

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does everyone think this will mean for the Kenwood reps?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buh-Bye!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This means no one will have a job, especially in the US market, look what happened to Altana, learn from what happened to that company, will be the same with Bradley. A majority of the Executive Staff will be from Nycomed... TRust me run, look for another job while you can. Every town hall meeting at Altana was layoffs of a whole department.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first layoff at Altana was the whole Altana sales force.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratualtion! Thanks Nycomed. It's about time to kick some ass...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there a benefit in staying/waiting for a lay off?.....Stock Options, Severance Pkg..ect...? If that is the case, why would anyone leave before that time?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you want to find a job when you have one. if we are going to keep selling pharmaceuticals, it's best to start looking now. virtually every company is cutting back. based on what i read, it could take 2-4 months. it is doubtful that any package will cover you being out of work for 4 months. do we get to keep our cars for any amount of time

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with above posts.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're being told that this is a good thing for the sales force.
    Nycomed/PharmaDerm will need a sales force and will keep the majority of us.
    Does anyone know if this is really true?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do want to expand their sales force, but prob. not in areas where they already have multiple reps. And if your ranked in the bottom, I'd be worried. Only time will tell though

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the rest of Bradley employees? How many positions/which positions will be affected from Bradley Corporate? In other words, what happens to the Home Office employees??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, I would not BELIEVE anything Nycomed has to say. I use to work for Altana, not as a rep but First hand seen how Nycomed operates when it came to the merger. As the previous post stated, every townhall meeting there were lay offs of a whole department. Nycomed purchased a Romanian pharma company back in June of 2006, then announced at a townhall meeting in september 2006 that Nycomed was purchasing Altana and announced HR in Florham park and the whole sales force was laid off. I would be careful with a company like that just scooping up and merging with pharma companies in a short period of time. Who knows Nycomed might announce Bankruptcy.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is decent money and support behind this company. I would not be concerned about that.
    We should look at this as an opportunity to do something different and better.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People at home office started to leave. Everyone knows it's coming.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who left?
    Project Mngrs, Business Dev., Trade, Mngd care, Clinical, Creative??