Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard of this company? I see they have several job postings out there, but I can't seem to find much info about the company or reviews from current or past employees. The pay sounds ok, but I know these job postings can sometimes be misleading.

Anyone have any insight: pay, benefits, products, management, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RUN RUN RUN!

PLEASE RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!

This is Tim Wynne's company, the well known owner of Surgical Principles Inc. (SPI). Do a little research on that company and you will see nothing positive. My guess, this is TW'S way to find new reps since his name is shit using SPI to hire.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The "OR Company" is nothing more than TW trying to salvage his own name. This is SPI (Surgical Principals Inc.)

Stay far away. If you don't believe it, read the dozens of reviews under the several SPI threads posted in this site and other similar sites.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All the above is true, this company is from Australia or New Zeland. Products are very low grade, lots of complaints. They will lie during the interview about the great earnings potential and commissions. Please don't waste your time. If you don't believe, go on Linked in and message people who have worked for SPI. No long term employees, it may be difficult to even find reps the would say they have worked for TW. STAY AWAY

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RUN!

THIS COMPANY IS OWNED BY A CRIMINAL! HE WILL SCREW YOU BEFORE YOU CAN HIT THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE.

EVERYTHING IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS ARE LIES. THERE IS MORE THAN 100% TURNOVER EVERY YEAR, AND MANAGEMENT IS NOW A REVOLVING DOOR.

SPI/OR COMPANY IS THE DEFINITION OF AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone actually interviewed with this company in the last few months? I'm looking for some actual updated info and advice on the position. I'm looking at a position in the Midwest, but things sound pretty bad. The pay sounds good, any input?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can tell you first hand that nothing has changed with SPI/OR COMPANY. So many of the managers have jumped ship, and TW is scrambling to pick up the pieces. This place is nothing more than an entry level position. You will regret accepting the position as soon as you spend a week with TW at "training".

If I knew what I know now, I would have not taken the job.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you are desperate to get into medical device sales? You have no experience and no one else will interview you? SPI/OR COMPANY will take you.

Just know you will not have any real training, and you will be selling the cheapest products on the market.

Working at SPI and telling people that you are in medical device sales is like selling the crappy vending machines outside of walmart that have the little 25 cent toys in them that only the poor dumb kids buy. And you then go around telling people you work in retail.

This place is the laughing stock among recruiters. Everyone knows this is only a job that will last you somewhere between 3 months to 2 years at best and you will make somewhere between 30k-60k after TW steals your money.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How are those v care knockoffs going, baloons still breaking everyday?

How are those scissor tips, still not closing all the way?

How about the scope warmer, still getting too hot, or not hot at all?

How about that suture passer, still getting beat out on price from PMI?

Oh, and how about those holsters. That's a snappy product! You should be proud to talk about that product with your friends at dinner parties!

Is there a single positive reason to work here?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Help!! Interviewing! Any current reps out there want to tell me what it's like? Other than cafepharma, there's very little out there on this company. Thanks in advance!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. Considering one of the jobs on Medreps for Surgical Principals Inc. / The OR Company ? Everything that has been said in the previous posts on this or the other 3 blog forums are true.

Leadership: There is none. TW is absolutely worthless and delusional. He is the most condescending person I have ever met, and truly has some bad things coming to him if there is Karma in this world. People have been talking about his criminal behavior, I have seen it first hand. Its called territories 00 and 07. They have more capital sales in them then all of the other territories combined. Why? Because he uses these to steal from his reps. I had several occasions where my customers received quotes from me, and were shipped product, only for them not to show up on my sales report.

Training: One week in Tacoma where you will be threatened and belittled all while learning the "Sales Process". Which is basically taken directly out of "How to sell vacuum cleaners in the 1980's". But TW thinks he is the only one doing this sales process. This is one thing that is true, he is the only one still using it... And it doesn't work. If it did, this company would actually have growth, not recession.

Tenure: The average reps stick around about 4-6 months. Most quit, the rest are fired or forced out after one of their famous probation letters that states they no longer have to pay you. So again, you work in fear and TW plays God with your livelihood.

Management: A JOKE. Its not the managers fault though. None of them have any previous management experience, and you think TW is going to pay to get them the proper training they need? Hell no! This is where TW and his cheap ass ways will consistently keep him chasing success. TW just teaches his managers to work with fear and hire and fire. But as one of the Glass Door reviews says about this company, the biggest benefit of this shit hole company is that you can probably work somewhere else at the same time and pocket two checks(I know 2 managers doing this right now).

Customer Service: None existent. But that is a good thing, because you do not want these people talking with any of your customers. They must all be rejects from Walmart, because they have no clue how to treat people with respect. Skyhigh turnover in Customer Service as well, but why wouldn't there be? You have to work around TW all day while making $8.00 an hour...

Benefits: LOW, flat reimbursement each month. No reimbursement for gas, hotels, lunches for docs, cell phone, ect. You will quickly learn just how cheap TW is from day one, and it only gets worse. But this is another lie they will cover up in the interview process.

Pay: What they post on medreps is a complete lie. $110-130K, no way. I can tell you first hand the top reps are making more like 90K, the other 90% are making somewhere between 30K-60K. That's right, 30K! I know several people that received less than 3k for there last several months of work, and these are good sales people. One guy made less than $500 one month, and that was in no way his fault. The 4K monthly starting salary is actually a draw(again, they won't disclose this in the interview process). The 4K a month "salary" they say you start with quickly starts to get the TW tax once you need supplies and samples for the OR. That's right, you get to pay for the products used in cases! What type of REAL medical device company does this? It would make sense if you were a 1099 and making 200K, but not while making less than 50K and w2. Comp plan is a joke, not 1 person is at plan. Believe me when I say this, not 1 person is at plan, not even the top 2-3 reps will be close to hitting plan this year!

Contracts: No GPO contracts, just another sign of the lack of support and cheapness.

Products: Most are cheap knockoffs or just not needed. Almost all have issues. I literally would sit in the OR during a trial and pray that the products wouldn't fail. Below are some of the products and why they don't sell or have sky high attrition within accounts

Uterine Manipulator: Joke of a product, needs to be recalled. If TW actually reported all of the issues this product had, the FDA would recall it immediately, and probably put him in jail. Instead, he covers up all of the issues, or just ignores them and makes his wallet the number one priority instead of patient safety. The product lacks features the customers clearly want, and is 100% a cost sell, but the problem is the cost savings are minimal. Most accounts that do actually convert will quickly go back to their previous product before you will get paid a commission on them.

Endo Bags: Decent product, however nobody actually wants it. The cost savings are minimal, no GPO contracts support it, and surgeons won't back it.

Lap Scissors: Shit product. Constant issues, handles will cost you a paycheck every month if you sell them. Staff hates them, high turnover product.

Suture Grasper(Carter Thomason Device): ME TOO product all the way. No real strategy on how to sell this produt, its a race to the bottom, and SPI already lost the race. On top of that, TW's "cost" for this product, limits reps to capture that bottom price to actually compete. And when all you have is price to compete on, and you can't win with price, of course you won't get that sale.

LapPakOR and CTS: Answer to questions nobody asked. Plus both have several product failures and won't work in 90% of cases.

Lap electrodes: Cheap knockoffs, sold on price, but still can't win on price. Worst in the industry.

Electric Scope Warmer: Shit product. Consistantly over heats and under heats the scope. Scopes are always fogging, but of course management says its a great product and this never happens anywhere else, so keep selling it.

HolstOR: Answer to question nobody asked, plus most of the newer energy devices either do not require, or come with their own (Another example of how TW is living in the dark).

Mediflex Retractor Systems: So rarely used because so few docs are doing open surgery. And if they are, their old systems are still working just fine and don't need your $50 replacement parts.

Sunoptics and Carewise: Decent products, however both are behind the technology curve and will be obsolete in the next few years.

To sum up, if you desperately want to get into medical sales and can not get a job anywhere else, these guys will take you. Just know going in you will not be respected, not paid what is promised or deserved, you will not be well trained, and you may burn bridges with OR staff after your product failures cause some major issues.

This is how things have been with SPI / OR Company for over 20 years, nothing will ever change.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a shitty company. First, Surgical Principals Inc. (SPI) was ran into the ground. Now numb nuts (Tim) has lost all his managers, all the good reps, the same job openings have been on medreps for over a year, and now they have changed the name to OR Company?

Good luck polishing this turd. What a terrible company, with even worse products.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BOTTOM FEEDERS , Tim lacks Character . He is greedy and lives beyond his means .

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you really want to know what its like to work for this company, do a LinkedIn search and reach out to former and current employees. You'll get a straight answer. Just make sure you ask what the average rep is making. The Medreps posting about making at least 100k is a total lie.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100k? HaHaHa!

With the draw(not salary plus commision) sometimes 2k a month, sometimes 4k a month. Don't expect much more than 50k a year...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I was put on probation... Anyone else out there on probation? How the hell do you get off probation?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't get off probation once you are on it. They will give you some BS line why they can't take you off. Either way, you will be on it until you quit or get fired.

TW loves it, because he can cut you lose and not pay you at anytime. I know a guy who got less that 1k on his last check when he was owed more that 6k.

Good luck.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I straightened out my act last year, and iam now off performance plan and in the good graces of my manager and HR. Starting to finally enjoy coming to work. It feels great working a 30 hour week and pulling in 110k base and 130K at plan.Lets all celebrate !

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like Tim is still on this site just to see his name...

No one here is making 100-130k. That's what medreps postings say. 50-70k is average 90k if you get real lucky.

This was not written by a rep with the OR company. This was most likely written by the great TW, his poor writing style is easy to spot, sounds just like his emails...

Dumbass