ObamaCare..What does it mean for pharma?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you "republicans" care about my childrens and grandchildren's future decades ago?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

???

You've clearly been spending way too much time with Fox news.

Who gave us 2 wars without paying for them?
    Who expanded the size of government with TSA and OHS?
    Who started 'deficit spending?'
    Who refuses to raise tax rates on the richest 5% of the population? (but, they create job~yeah, overseas!)

The Republicans, that's who.

Spend, spend, spend but then cry that we need to cut when not in the White House.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will have the most to pay then! You won't be taxed/penalized for not having insurance (unless your employer decides it makes more business sense to ditch coverage and pay a fine and you can't afford non-subsidized coverage because you have a job and won't get Medicaid and aren't old enough for Medicare) but go read that link a few posts back about how your Medicare payroll deduction is about to go up and your investments are going to be taxed at MUCH higher rates. Let me know how sure you feel about deadbeats paying up then. Deadbeats by definition can't pay- but you can.

All the Romeycare whacks are also missing a fundamental point. Romney's plan was at tbe state level- just like Medicaid. That makes more sense than having the Feds managing something so complex. Obamacare is going to dictate how the states will set up healthcare exchanges- better to let the states manage these issues locally, a la Romeycare.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

too funny----Medicaid is the 'state level'! Please learn the facts, it is a shared program with up to 1/2 of the funds from the state level. The other 1/2 comes from the federal government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicaid

Also for the rest of your Republicans screaming anti-capitalism aspects of the ACA:

It doesn't matter if it's called a tax or a penalty. ACA complies with the principles of capitalism as enunciated by Adam Smith, the father of capitalism. He wrote:

"what are the different methods in which the whole society may be made to contribute towards defraying the expenses incumbent on the whole society...?"

All members of society are to pay to defray the expenses of the whole society.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is the DNC on a Merck post?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a great thing because now we will get screwed by big pharma. For there to be job creation, there must be job destruction. It's a natural cycle.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another profound and irrational blurb from a liberal.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for chiming in, Mitt Romney. Outsourcer-in-chief, founding father of ObamaCare.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, no. But don't let a few facts get in the way of your opinion.

It is the real world. To make new growth opportunities you must dismantle the old. It is simple capitalism.

Like, getting rid of coporate employees as sales people and bring in the contract sales force. See, create a new business-the contractor while dismantling the old career employee sales person. Who, we know, costs too much in salary and benefits.

Meanwhile, I get my bonus and stock options because I save the company lots of money.

Simple capitalism.

Yes, it is tough on those employees let go. But, heck-they just could apply to the contractor for a job, right?

Mitt

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You bring up another point......more state income tax!!!

Latest is many states will now opt out of the medicaid increases....Good thing for those states because it could mean a big whollop in state driven income taxes on the quicky becoming impoverished worker.......

If you happen to live in a medicaid friendly state (AKA big welfare and state give away program land) you know too well the big state tax burdens you are paying.....If you hear your state will be going along with those Fed changes with MORE state increases......time to run, Scott run to another state...this time, one without any state income tax!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are mistaken. But do you really understand the concept~

Adam Smith's:
    Practical truth about capitalism from "The wealth of nations"...Economics 101.

“the interest of the dealers (profit makers) however, in any particular branch of trade or manufacture, (think anything related to healthcare) is always in some respects different from and even opposite to, that of the public good and therefore to that of the social structure itself.”

and hence, we fight.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read your own link, bozo. Medicare is partially funded by the Feds but wholly managed by the STATES.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obama plan makes me feel like I am turning Greek. Taking it up the a__.
    I work, I believe in personal responsibility, and would like to stay American.
    Stop voting with your pigment

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The statement is was that it was a state level. Implying that only the states contribute.
    So, dear selective reader; I stand by the link. it is a joint plan by the federal and state governments. Half coming from each. The state manages the funds but with oversight from the federal govt.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From the webpage:

"Each state administers its own Medicaid program while the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) monitors the state-run programs and establishes requirements for service delivery, quality, funding, and eligibility standards."

Maybe you should read the entire page of information before you shoot your self in the mouth.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...each state also taps the taxpayer for financing state welfare and other free give-away programs.

We're getting to the point where people in high taxation states are saying ENOUGH....and are literally fleeing for their own survival.....migration south and west and to states where living is low cost and taxation is minimal....

.....those who live off the system may one day soon have no one will be left to pay for the free ride...a good thing for those millions who choose work the system when they could be taking personally responsible and self-sufficient...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great. I hope they pack up and go.

BTW: it seems that you're not really up on things-it seems that the South is where the problems of uninsured people are;
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/07/05/where_the_uninsured_are_california_and_the_south.html

And you're probably right up there with Palin screaming death panels. So, I wonder what the people are going to do now that so many Republican govs in the South are saying they won't put the ACA into practice.

Death panels in Florida and Texas!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It means that 'we the taxpayers' will now pay for all the lazy SOB's that smoke, use drugs, are fat as the side of a house, lay around, ride electric carts at Walmart and do nothing to take care of themselves! We gave up more of our LIBERTY to the crooks in Washington to buy more votes...Let's see free food (commodities and food stamps 1964), free public housing (FHA 1966), free medical care (Medicaid 1971), free transportation (1986) , and they just lay around on their asses and have children to which they can find no father and we pay all the bills (WIC 1991). Now they are all so fat they must have free healthcare becasue we've fed them too much, given them no job (we did not import 30 million mexicans for nothing) They had a different definition of 'support the general welfare' back in 1776 and if you did not own property you did not vote lest you vote yourself a largess out of the public treasury! Oh Shit!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Death panels will evolve from not from rationed care......

"Gee, Mr Smith, you need heart surgery. Sorry, but you'll need to go to the end of the line....the goverment will be putting other candiates before you.....We know you paid in all your life and were a good citizen....but please understand..You're old now and your life expectancy is not too long anymore.......all that money is too much to spend on you. Your spot will be given to a younger candidate....one with a longer life expectancy and one who can give in to the system for years to come."

...could be around the corner.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest