OBU October Zone POA

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Sep 2, 2017 at 9:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is this necessary? Taking everyone out of the field in Q4 makes no sense and will have major impact on business. Let's just have a company-wide conference call. Please!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the hell will we talk about?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Role plays, certifications, and BS breakouts with little free time. Oh ya and gen sessions that make you want to bang your head against the wall as usual. Hopefully it will just be 3 days. Maybe ( but not holding my breath). We won't have to stay until after noon on a Friday so we all get home after 10pm....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dumb to take everyone out of field for a meeting in October!! Just to meet to the new guy!?! This can be done on a video call. Stupid decision. A week or even a few days with my ass-kissin, cool aid drinkin team is so demotivating

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I look forward to meeting my new constituents.

You sound like a crybaby who's the champion of last place finishes your whole life.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another poor decision by a management team looking to cover their own asses. My guess is that our meeting will be full of VH pontificating about how great he used to be and his managers (sorry directors) will sit there kissing his ass like a bunch of little kids looking for a free ice cream. Complete waste of time. I need to get the hell out of here. My Labor Day will be spent worker NFL on my resume. He'll, I might even ask VH to proof read it for me at the POA.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My guess is they won't have it. Makes no sense since there will be an NSM just a few months later.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Won't have what? We already have the dates

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whats the dates?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask your manager

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

stupid corporate decision

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i heard our meeting was in late October, that is probably when they will roll out September ic plan and give us baselines...yes I realize it's a month later, isn't that the norm now?!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope this is not some week long waste of my time. I'm sure it will be a big Ra Ra to try to get everyone motivated. I just wish leadership would understand that when you roll out ic plans at the end of the month for that month and get baselines afterwards in the next month they loose credibility. We do not trust you! Everyone is interviewing, if Ocular Therputics would have gotten approval 20 people would have left at least, and now you are even loosing top people to go BACK to B+L... what does that say. Treat your people right and they will treat you right, but I guess when you have that "big pharma" mentality and your operating from a 1990's play book and you hire McKinsey and Assoc to advise you what should we expect. And stop asking us to do stupid surveys when we KNOW they are not anonymous.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ouch, who went back to Valeant? Let's be honest- the new guys don't really have a choice BUT to have a quick POA. You've got a sales force that is disengaged, angry, bitter, and not trusting anything that upper management is spewing. Is it going to be a ra-ra sesh? Probably. If they're smart, they'll host these at awesome locations, give us a good gift, and maybe an afternoon off to golf, get a massage, etc. Try to get us back to the level of enthusiasm we had when we left Miami. Chances are I'm dreaming and it'll be compliance focused role plays but hey, I'll hope for the best for now.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be in some cheap airport hotel, probably Chicago, Dallas, or Phoenix. There won't be anything fun to do anywhere remotely near the hotel. It will be role plays and mind numbing general sessions. Same ole same ole, no creativity, no down time, no gift. Our unimaginative, uncreative management wouldn't have it any other way. You're a drone, a robot, a dime a dozen and that's how you're treated.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Let's give JS & MC a chance. I've heard good things about both of them, from friends in eye care, who have worked with them in the past. I have been frustrated but have a newfound hope that things are going to get better soon. I am NOT from home office, just a rep who's hoping for a change.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same here.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genentech'er here. Heard that Mike C and John S. were at Shire and wanted to check out the cafepharma noise. You have no idea the talent that just landed in your lap. I know Mike C better than John S but they both built a hell of a Ophth/Retina business unit before Genentech was taken over by the Swiss. Seriously you're in great shape and you don't even know it yet.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well I hope they got a lot of money because this place sucks

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a bunch of BS... "Genentechers" That's why the retina docs "love" genentech so much charging double for Lucentis when they could have used Avastin for half the cost.