OBU Opportunities-All Lies.

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Apr 24, 2018 at 4:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember back when we were being wooed and recruited to come on board with Shire? The two things I heard over and over were
    1. Lots of MONEY- contests, points (the kind that meant something), big bonuses
    2. OPPORTUNITY-ground floor with plenty of opportunity to move to new positions.

We've had 1 or maybe 2 quarters with bonus opportunity of note. Nowhere near the points or contests promised. with a few exceptions, the new positions announced have been from outside the Shire organization.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop crying. Own your own career. You sound like an intitled twit

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think anyone has sympathy for you. Anyone who saw the OBU leadership over the last 3 years, and still thought this division was going somewhere, will never make it in the industry.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree with original post, I was told those things to come to Shire, and really never saw any of it except Q4 when we launched. Forcst are always crazy stupid, managed care coverage sucks. The only thing that is consistent at Shire are the lies. Pay me my severance and I’ll go find another gig!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not going to happen. No severance for bottom performers. Just leave. Baa Bye

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Such a big tough keyboard warrior you are. I bet you wouldn't have the balls to say that to anyone's face.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just keep selling.

Push the 90 day, even though the coupons don't work for the free 30day with 90 day rx (docs aren't seeing patients back after only 30 days). We spent a year and a half saying NO DON'T RX 90 day, now YES RX 90 DAY! BTW only commercial get a free month now, but still give your Govt patients this yellow brochure (even though they can't use it) to call this number and see if you have coverage (but you probably don't). Offices are confused as F. This isn't easy or simple!
    Goals are high and nothing has changed with MC but oh well.

Did I miss anything?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes, you missed 2 things.

1. Stay focused and sell
    2. Got to show tenacity

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh ya sorry... How cold I have left those out!?!? (Eye roll)

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, you did leave something out. My 10 year old could go into our offices and just tell them about the card, 90 day, etc. Evidently, that's what you're doing; showing up and throwing up. We are paid to sell. Clearly you can't take a lot of information, dumb it down, and make it meaningful to an office. By the way, even if managed care hasn't changed, you should still be able to grow to some extent. If that weren't the case, they wouldn't need any of us. They could just email the docs with samples and a formulary sheet when we have managed care wins. In your world, that seems to be the only way to drive business. I will give you some credit though. You do know how to use the bold type function. Nice job, dumbass!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You act like you're so awesome! Wtf are you doing that's so fucking special? If it's not covered docs aren't going to Rx it, plain and simple. Lemme guess, you get hours with your accounts and have deep, meaningful discussions around dry eye and then hug it out?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

actually i think this rep may have a set of knee pads and that’s how they get the biz. Lmao

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Several plans have changed, for the worse. They went from covered to not covered. Not helping. WTF is that team doing and why haven’t they been let go for poor performance???

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't even get me started on our MC team. Worst!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh no, let go for poor performance. Only reps get harassed for poor performance. Everyone else gets promoted or gets big bonuses/raises when they do a poor job. Look at the leadership, look at marketing, I could go on and on!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s almost every department in this stupid company.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree, I’ve been in this industry a long time and I am so disappointed by our MC coverage for X. This is a great drug, but it hasn’t been able to do what it should due to access. I have never in my career had such a difficult time with pull thru & access, I wonder where is our MC team? Do they exist?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder how Takedas MC team is

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, but we don't have a dedicated team to OBU. We don't have regional account managers to help with local and regional plans only national.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes they exist. Remember they all won the CEO award for Xiidra and many got P Club awards. They sell success stories to Sr. management who is too blind to know the difference.