Ocology new hires get 4 weeks vacation

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Sep 19, 2016 at 3:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many of us are still working towards getting 4 weeks. Level the playing field BMS.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gotta keep the entitles little entitled children happy. Screw those of us who have proven ourselves for years.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another failed trial and they will be getting a permanent vacation

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Put in the required time and you will get your 4 weeks. Or are you entitled and need the four before the rules apply to you? Are you special? No.
    Go to work.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Their point was that they have been loyal to the BMS organization and have not received more vacation while new hires with zero seniority are being given more. That is super irritating but it is the BMS way. People are also getting hired making 20K more than reps that have been here for five years. It is just the nature of the game. BMS doesn't care, up your offer elsewhere.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMS is buying skill and experience and relationships in the oncology space.

That doesn't come cheap and company loyalists in primary care have little more than their loyalty to offer. That won't close the deal in oncology.

So go boo boo somewhere else.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What BS, BMS is NOT hiring experience. Every rep I have met has zero knowledge on oncology. I am suffocating in this division.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a hard time believing BMS is going to throw away that kind of money on people with "zero knowledge". As a share holder, I'd be happy to bring in top performers from Merck/AZ/Roche, etc.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on, this has been the plan all along. Everyone is new to Oncology at some point. The best will learn it, and succeed. There are those who are jealous they can't make the cut and get passed over time and time again. New reps with potential is worth way more than old reps with none.
    DBM

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The5 hires on my team over the last year and a half all have never worked in oncology

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I completely agree. I got into oncology six years ago, after a decade of specialty sales, and have done really well. My DM interviewed with a lot of people, most of them had a significant amount of oncology experience. After getting the job, I asked my manager why she chose me. She said because I came prepared to the IV. I sold her on one of the oncology products I would be selling with the clinical study that led to the 1st line indication. She said the other reps walked in the door bragging about their relationships and time in oncology. She wasn't impressed.

At the end of the day, I would want someone who has great work ethic, positive attitude, and intelligence on my team versus someone who has sold in a specific specialty. My experience has been that reps who ONLY sell themselves on "oncology experience" tend not to have a lot else to offer.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology is nothing more than PC. Don't romanticize it. The docs know more about the product than the company knows and know half of it is marketing bs. We're there to supply lunch, IF they even allow it.
    So get off your high horse. Drug detailers are all the same.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, I'm impressed. Selling with clinicals is a new concept ?
    Thanks for the tip to success!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its not entry level, but its definitely PC stuff.
    But, its big business for the pharmaceutical industry, selling these drugs that don't even increase life expectancy.
    If you sell oncology, you are truly misinformed about this disease state. It is a fact that 90 percent of doctors won't even do chemotherapy.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha! You're so full of shit it's coming out your ears.
    Hahahaha!
    Oncology is nothing special, except maybe in your pea brain.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol. You totally missed the point. I'm guessing you are one of those older reps who banks their career on "I have oncology experience and relationships". In your grandiose world...these other pharma idiots could never sell oncology products, only those of us who have been here forever and have such invaluable experience. Ha! I love it when lazy, entitled reps feel threatened.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right. Its a cash cow for the companies and doctors who put profit ahead of patients.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol, no I didnt miss the point. You fail to realize, young grasshopper, that any fool can learn the science snd the promo message, but few ever learn the art of te pharma sale, young or old. So go on telling yourself youre special. You are what I call a legend in your own mind.
    Lazy, entitled....hardly. That fits the new millenials much better. You dont last in this company if that were the case. I earn my money every day.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The original thread is about leveling the playing field & letting all reps get 4 weeks. It's not about sales experience vs oncology sales experience. It's about treating everyone fairly to maintain moral

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last training class 70 + new reps. 2 with some oncology experience. Age: way below the age of 50