Offer rescinded!

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Apr 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 tickets in 2 years WTF!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear that! Tickets increase insurance rates.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm worried now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeppers!!!! you're in the big league now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no.....how long ago did they offer employment befor they recinded?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They can take it away any time they want. I know of a time where a new hire was with the manager on her first day -- going over the policies, etc. and some other stuff. He got a phone call from HR. He told the new hire he was sorry, but they were going to have to end the meeting. Then her cell phone rang and HR told her they were sorry but something had shown up in her background that was not acceptable. They never told her what it was either. But she was out of a job just like that! And she had driven 4 and a half hours to meet with the DM for this first day on the job.

I found out later she had lied about her GPA -- she said it was 3.5 when it was actually around 2.8. Not acceptable.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was this before or after your drug screening?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Before! Now I am afraid I will be blacklisted in the industry. I really needed this job!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You blacklisted yourself, Mario Andretti. If only people realize what they do while in high school and/or college can follow them for at least a decade.

Next time you interview for a job where they are going to be furnishing a car, be very upfront and tell them about your speeding tickets.

There are way too many decent drivers out there who can do this job.

Oh and when another company asks if you have applied for other jobs, you better be truthful. They can find out every application you have filled out.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some companies are more lenient than others. I had a few tickets when i was hired by a different company but they were spread out over a few years

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hire and work with an attorney to get the 2 tickets off your record. It's worth a try but costly. Its also costly not getting the job.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did you read/hear/learn from that "They can find out every application you have filled out". I'd love to hear an HR professional's opinion on this one.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called networking. HR managers talk to each other, and there is nothing that precludes them from talking about this "behind closed doors" or "off the record".

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously?? Your a tool. No one cares that much. It's a sales job for crying out loud...not a position with the CIA. Yes traffic tickets can prevent you from getting a job where you are driving a corporate car...but there are NO master lists. Wow.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, did I state they keep a master list? NO. They talk to each other. If a manager sees a really good candidate and he/she knows another company hiring, he/she just might call that other HR manager and suggest a candidate.

OR, if a manager isn't just quite convinced you are the right candidate, he/she just might call some other manager friends and find out if you've applied at their company.

Are you really that stupid?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiot. It is called defamation of character. Most corporations will not allow managers to talk about former employees good or bad. HR will confirm employment dates and that's it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you really think a manager would tell you he/she has talked with another company about you? Really? Of course they wouldn't. You would never know. And you would not get the job based on what another manager had to say about you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You, my friend are SMALL minded. HR managers are not going to call around to random companies to see if you've ever applied there. No one cares that much. This is the funniest theory I've ever heard yet. I suggest you get out a little more and experience the real world.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine was rescinded too!!! I guess because I'm out on bond pending a vehicular manslaughter trial. I have been charged with murdering my DM on a ride-along. I swear there was a squirrel in the road and I swerved to avoid hitting it. Too bad the passenger side of my car didn't take slamming into a tree during the spin out. If I had been driving a better company car, he would probably still be with us.

I didn't really think they would rescind my offer seeing as I haven't been convicted yet.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Credit report! Guess there will be an opening in Columbus now!