Offers

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone had an official offer yet after going through their interviews? What is the salary range, based on experience? What is the company car? Any honest infomation would be great!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

company car is a ford escape. offers will start tomorrow

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand that this is going to be basically a cash pay target medication. It's going to be very expensive, and Endos have the worst personality of any speciality I've ever called on. Very difficult access, minimal managed care coverage, microscopic market penetration, and a cash pay focus in this economy? Common sense tells me that this is simply not a good move unless you really need the job. I'm curious as to exactly how they will seek to make this work. Vivus has no marketing experience, and the PDI people have no information on the drug at all. It's going to be interesting to see how they roll this out. And more interesting to see how people are going to evaluate this strategy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree...however-the evidence I have gained through the interview process is that they have hired very experienced Management away from great positions at big pharma, and their marketing materials sound better than some of the big pharma I have launched with, and the speaker programs and launch programs in place sound very solid...I believe after thoroughly researching the medication/marketing proposition that they will not have wide-spread success unless they penetrate beyond Endos, and partner with another sales force beyond PDI-150

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told the same thing yesterday.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They did not "hire away" managers from big pharma. The management team is a group of people let go from big pharma. Big difference here.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the DM's I met with left their positions and were amazing professionals, with incredible track-records and expertise with big pharma-they took a risk with Vivus because they believed in the product: I did not get the offer but this is accurate of the DM's I met with

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I should also mention that the DM's I interviewed with from Vivus were extremely personable
    and gave me very careful and thorough consideration despite not having territory experience for the geography I interviewed for, and they asked extremely pertinent interview questions that uncovered a lot about my individual candidacy-was extremely impressed with all the professionals I met with in the process from PDI and Vivus....and I did not get the position

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed the four managers that I met last week came from downsized companies - didn't volunteer but from Novartis, Takeda etc. The two that directly interviewed me didn't have any metabolic experience even!

Good Luck with that!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They lied to you. They did not leave their positions for this product. The salary is lower and they are managing a contract sales force which is always a risk. They just did not want to own up to the fact they were let go. They may have been professional, but they lied!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm sure some of the managers were rockstars at their previous companies, but they were either laid off, or in danger of...As you begin to meet them, you will find that quite a few are from Sanofi, Takeda, and Novartis.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone get an offer yet? What's the offers based on years of experience in the industry?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally! Got the offer! Start date Aug 20th.

Texas

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long has it been since your interview?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations!

Is that the beginning of home study?

Do you get car that day?

Is salary what you were expecting?

Hope to be joining you in San Diego in september!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Offers are out in the Southeast.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you idiots start the job off by announcing who you are on cafepharma. You pharma reps really are a bunch of morons!!! If I was your manager I would take back the offer and wish you luck.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where in the southeast are you located?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atlanta

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 weeks