1. Announcing a new forum - Ask an Employment Attorney -- a chance to discuss employment-related legal issues with a practicing attorney with over 20 years in employment law experience.
    Dismiss Notice

OIG Investigation

Discussion in 'Mimedx' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2015 at 10:55 AM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone help me understand the supposed link between ABH, Osiris, and MiMedx?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with above poster. What the hell do a now defunct company and an unrelated under the radar company have to do with a publicly traded company?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A bunch of crazy and aggressive ABH people landed with Asiris and MiMedx.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i see. thank you for that explanation. basically they may have done something wrong in the past at another company, so they may repeat that behavior again now at this company. kind of a tenuated argument, but at least i see now what the connection is

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Folks in Mgt and Exec team at Osiris are already paying off VA docs for "case studies" that will be "compiled" and "published." Not a bad gig, 500$ per patient treated with Grafix. Brilliant way to get Federal Employees fired...wonder which ABH ex employee recommended that tactic? Couple that with a CEO that is sleeping with reps and you have a real winning combination. Keep up the good work!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not just in the VA. Osiris reps are approaching docs in at least two of my wound care centers and offering the same deal.

7. Sam Jackson

Sam Jackson new user

Are there any news links discussing this? How do you know this is true?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmm. Osiris has offered RN's and DPM's in a number of accounts money for "posters" so they could look good at VA and State DPM meetings. It is set up as "here is $500 for your time" just put three patients on Grafix and we will cover you for your "time and efforts" for each patient. Unfortunately, this is an "official" program supported all they way from HQ.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You direct boys make me laugh every time I come on here. Go out and grow a set of nuts, make this a second line, and stop bitching. I make 25 % on this line as a pull through product for spine just for fun. It is a solid product but you do nothing but bitch and moan.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, what you are saying is that all is good at Mimedx and that nothing improper goes on within sales and marketing? Uh huh, I believe that. HA

It is well known in this industry who is dirty and who is not.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The correlation between ABH - Advanced Bio Healing..... The tyrants that grew dermagraft moved to MiMedx and many have moved on to Osiris. How else can a company's sales grow so quickly other than bribing physicians. They will get caught....When you lay with the dogs, you get the fleas. Many were Pfizer rejects due to compliance issues. If they didn't get caught they left because they were about to get caught.

During Shire's 1st 100 days after acquisition of Dermagraft, the organization was forced to terminate many people due to falsifying documents and sales tactics that were considered illegal.

Point is... Few could prove that it was going on... Hence.... Give a doctor 2 grafts but he or she only pays for one... Physician makes more money billing medicare... and insurance.... Bottom line, some of the same guys that build ABH's sales did the same thing at MDXG... Hope they all get caught... You know who you are and if you don't get caught... You have to answer to God...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reality is most of our business, especially early, was built from the same foundation as ABH.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think god is worried about people bribing physicians??? Doesn't he have enough problems with the child molester priests' who run the biggest scam/bribe in the world?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Both scenarios are terrible. God is worried about both. Your point is???

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like Woundcare and Surgical decreased this quarter vs last for the first time ever. Wonder if the market is becoming saturated? Or maybe competition is ramping up...