Ok, I'll bite...

Discussion in 'Pharmacyclics' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this company a one hit wonder?

Sources internally tell me that the average person puts in 12 to 18 hours of work daily including weekends. Great drug though!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have the offers gone out yet?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They went out and most got sent back. The company targeted people at DNA and Celgene but then did not put the money into offers and stock options so most people turned them down. Now they go back to Dallas to target BMS, Novartis, and Pfizer reps who have no stock options holding them to their company. They did not impress.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is in charge of sales dept? Heard medical affairs is really bad. Isnt that where it all starts.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

only a few went out. most people are staying at DNA and current companies. Offer not that great and risk too high.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the terms of the offers? Are they really that bad?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Small base raise 6-8%, options around 2200-2300, bonus target is 40, vacation 3 weeks, 401 k terrible, 750 car allowance. This offer is good for big pharma onc reps who dont have options or bonus target this high. However, they targeted DNA and Celg and those offers are not going to pry anyone away from those companies( unless you are in trouble). The fact that they targeted those reps knowing the offers would not stack up makes one wonder about their decision making. Great drug potential, the jury is out on management.

BTW:

All offers went out last week and they wanted a decision by last Friday. They are circling back since so many rejected the offers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hysterical.

Could the tide be turning for pharma sales reps in that now they are in the driver's seat like 10 years ago? Those were the days.

Or are pharm sales rep on their way out as to a career and being treated poorly by pharma corporate because they are in the driver's seat?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CEO is a Scientologist, and has donated over $20M to the "church". He is not in this to make the peons in this company wealthy, he's in it for himself. The pathetic 401K match is proof of principle. The stock options are worthless unless the price goes up, and if the price goes up Bob Duggan makes big money. Nuff said!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mean while 10 reps left DNA to go to pharmacyclics in the past 3 days... Once again you loser reps get it right on cafepharna and there rest of you buy into it

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which 10 DNA reps left? Which areas?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well then most of the folks I know that have gone over there will fit right in!
    It will be a cult! Anyone going here will be out of jobs in months!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

boo hoo. I didn't get a job. company is going under. product is not going to get approved... Check in... its the same whining all over these boards which consist of bunch of looser sales reps pissed because they did not get a call...enjoy your miserable bitter lives

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a sales rep job is the same everywhere. Good for the first year and then down hill from there. Same issues here, no access to physicians, unrealistic sales goals, a partnership deal with big pharma, politics, having to launch a new company and another expensive drug when the rest of healthcare is just trying to figure out how to survive. I give it a year and then done, meaning bought out and then J & J will be signing our paychecks.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That'd be good.. better 401K and benefits. plus J & J will make you whole on those options. However, all those DNA and Celegene reps that wanted the good ol days of biotech will then be rolled into big pharma again and a bonus around 30K, but the base will be better.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what areas?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a smart cookie! This drug will be a blockbuster. J&J will acquire like they did Centocor. It will be big pharma as you are rolled into Janssen where you will be surrounded by clueless morons spouting a credo that is often quoted but never used. If you are an older rep over 40, good luck. You will never see the pension. They will shitcan you first.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what territories are now filled....any in the South?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All offers are out.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People are quite entertaining when talking "experience".

Any one in "pharma" "bio" industry could sell any products and medical doctors don't need an educational briefing from a sales person. Seriously come back to earth.

As a physician I highly respect any sales person that simply listens to me, supports me when needed, and quit telling me anything about a product we have already been well versed. I would much rather talk to someone with passion and hunger than some rep that has an ego bigger than their small head because they worked from Genetech or Celgene?

Managers go find hungry representatives for a change. Please!