Older white guys start packing offices- AGAIN

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Jan 19, 2016 at 12:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maroon.
    Its not just pharma that is doing this. Companies outsource many tech., customer service, and lower level finance jobs overseas. Most Fortune 100 companies have a Diversity department in place. I think that Silicon Valley, finance and Pharma are the last ones to jump through Diversity hoops. The good news for us older white guys is that these initiatives greatly improve our daughters' and nieces' chances of getting in and getting promoted. The bad news is that you-know-who is getting let go to make room for these new hires or promotees. US!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a white guy who came to J&J at 26 and have been here for 12 years. I need another 25 years. I am at manager level, making 130k. I need some connections to keep me here for many decades to come. I have a stellar performance.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are doomed. Rumors are the company is planning a big clean sweep of all who are 45-55 to replace with young blood. Good old times are over. This days if you make it 20 years in the company, say thank you and find another gig until retirement.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work in the northeast region of JBI, and we have been told by our white, 40-50 year old DMs that we are totally safe in our region because we are considered the cream of the crop of J&J. As a matter of fact, we are going to all get big raises once the rest of J&J cleans out their deadwood. This is so cool! I make around 150k and don't even have to do that much but I have access to some big accounts and that's why they pay ME the big bucks.
    I can't wait to get that raise. Can the rest of you maybe hurry up and get laid off? You can always go collect unemployment. Or clean our yard. Or wash my car. I'm thinking of getting a really cool high end sportscar and I would like to keep it outside so the neighbors will go green with jealousy. Maybe you might want to be my little car wash person. I would like that and you might even make some money. How does eight dollars and hour sound?
    It's so great when you know your job is guaranteed!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh by the way, the 150k is base salary. Just for waking up I make that, and I don't even have to set my alarm because I just work when I feel like it. On top of that I make at very least 50 thousand in bonus a year plus all the business lunches that I have with my rep friends. Sometimes we bring our spouses. It is so much fun and our DMs are so cool about it.

Toodles!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You JBI reps have it made. I know people over there. They say that your VP likes the whole work smarter/not harder concept and that you can even just phone it in from home as long as the numbers are right. Reps get to hang at their beach and lake houses in the summer, and no access is okay as long as the reps drop off patient literature once in a while. Reps have those super high base salaries and the DMs don't even ride with the reps, at least in New England where my friends work. I want a job like that. Alex is cool for letting you guys do that.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who are REPs?

I am in drug development, statistical science and we usually do not go higher than 150k.

What jobs can get me around 200k within a company?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a diversity worker, was hired 15 years ago. Making 128k a year. Working maybe 2 hours a day, the rest of the day is lunch outside, jogging, Internet . Annual bonuses. Every year 3% increase. My manager does not even discuss my performance , we chat about kids. On Fridays I sometimes don't even come to office. Life is good.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At JBI you can be a balding, paunchy, lazy white guy and make twice that. We're protected because we have so much dirt on management. In the Boston market we can't even see docs, but management doesn't dare touch us.

Come on, Alex. Come work up here in Massachusetts or Maine or Rhode Island. I dare you! ROTFLMAO! And getting paid big to do it!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Transfer over to Synthes Trauma: You can make 250K to 400K in really good territories, or go to Biosense Webster (sp?) my friend thinks he will make over 500k this year if everything works for him. Both are JNJ companies.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where are those companies located? What does your friend do for 500k?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you for real---- you believe salary info on this site? Now I see how those overseas hucksters are able to get people to hand over their bank info…..

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't worry about us white guys. Have you forgotten that we built up this nation ? That we started and built this company ? Tell us that anyone out there works harder than a white male. Who out there can work smarter than a white male? White men will always rule the world because we are smart and hard working by nature. Don't worry about us.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not worrying about you. Your stuff is now my stuff. Just like you did it to the American Indians. You are already a memory and not to be missed. Take your white hood with you.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OOO! They're going to print out your post and drop off them off with their VOTE TRUMP! flyers

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once the diversity in this country is going to be equaled to perversity with the rule of Donald Trump, so will come an end to the deadweight diversity useless workers, who contribute absolutely nothing to the company.

o

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Feel sorry for you chumps in other companies in J&J. At JBI they are about to replace the female VP with a former RBD and the field sales force is happy as hell about it. Rumor has it he has promised national sales manager and RBD jobs to the men who he has mentored and the J&J board has given him wide open permission to staff the company the way his vision has it. This is such great news over here because a lot of male reps who felt pressured to leave have turned down lucrative offers from other companies because they know pretty soon it will be back to the good old days here when we could operate like a start up. This is the place to be and too bad for anyone who isn't us!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem with JNJ is pretty simple when you peel back the onion. Management is dishonest and has always been thus the billions that has been paid to the federal gov over the yrs, when your a dishonest predatory company the natural tendency is to continue with that kind of thinking within your own workforce. I was at JnJ for several yrs and worked on a mostly black team and I can tell you I've never experienced such outright racism and reverse discrimination that was tolerated by management. It was similar to what we see in our chocolate cities when they burn their own neiborhoods down and terrorize whites and the police are told to stand down. JNJ is antiquated plain and simple. Intimidation tactics and affirmative action are so 1990's. Look around your company at all the beat down faces and everybody is risking their health with high stress to get free health insurance after 10 yrs. This is so ironic considering the stress JnJ puts you under will shorten your life by several yrs.