Older white guys start packing offices- AGAIN

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Jan 19, 2016 at 12:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worked on a mostly black team? Here at JNJ? Riiiight. And this mythical colored team, they discriminated against you, overtly? OK.

I've been here since 1989. I have never heard of anything like this…and certainly have never seen it. The black people I know here are courteous and act pretty nervous and stick together in clumps. Maybe because they are vastly outnumbered? I've never asked them.

But we'll believe your story, just like we believe the famous JNJ urban legend about the white guy that was told by HR that he "was by far and away the best candidate for the promotion, but HR had to put a [insert one or more: gay, lesbian, trainee, colored, disabled veteran, or female] in the role." The diversity candidate changes every 3-5 years, but I've heard this one for years.

JNJ is antiquated, that much IS true. But ask your buddies that got severed in the past few years. We are probably the least diverse home office in this industry.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you mean "free insurance?" if you are retired (or gone) after ten years of employment and 55 or over you still pay for health insurance each month. There is still a charge.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can someone please explain: if you retire and over 65, what is the point in company health insurance benefit if you get Medicare from the government? What does jnj give you in addition?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who in the hell uses the word "colored" in today's terms. Go Trump!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whats wrong with colored?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our plan becomes the secondary insurance. Plus our plan has a drug benefit. That = you pay Medicare for your medical benefit which covers 80%. The JNJ plan will pay for the remaining 20% with no copy from either for you to pay. You won't need a Medicare pharmacy Part D plan since the JNJ plan has that. The value of the JNJ plan is worth far more than the $800 you will pay for you and a spouse. Plus the benefit survives you if you die before your spouse. So what is the big deal? The cost of a part D plan and gap insurance will cost a couple about $1600 a month. You save $800 plus get some of the JNJ drugs free.

Now the bad news...JNJ has bloated the deductible for a family to over $5000. That means you only have it pay for itself if you have a heart attack or worse.
    I hope that helps you.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please don't be fooled into believing the current J&J retiree health benefit will continue. They have already discontinued this for new hires and those who are not "grandfathered" based on their age and years of service when they announced this change a couple of years ago. Additionally, they developed a "point system" based on years of service for those who are grandfathered. The point system was developed so they can change the dollar value of these points when using them to purchase retiree medical. The objective is to slowly reduce the value of these points to push retirees into the federal exchange programs as the cost of carrying retiree medical will outweigh the costs of purchasing supplemental insurance privately through the exchange programs or medicare part D when eligible. Don't be fooled people. This has been the intention from when they announced the change to retiree medical.