Oncology expansion

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jun 6, 2019 at 9:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone have any insights on the oncology expansion? Timeframe for interviews, are internal interviews being considered, training?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Snowflake this is AstraZeneca of course internal candidates will not be considered.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's get real: internal, external won't matter as much as no women will be hired in positions of authority. That's how AZ rolls. Name a non sexist CBD and I'll send you a check.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hahahahahahahaha!!! Internal interviews. That’s funny.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Long retired DM here with better than 30 years of service to this company. How sad it is that a company does not promote from within. What a slap in the face to the countless great employees who have built this company over the years. Staying loyal to AZ despite poor management and the taking away of numerous benefits only to be rewarded in this manner. Makes me sick thinking about all the friends I have at AZ who are being treated this way. Who came up with this decision should be ashamed of themselves and be held to the same standard....no YOU CAN'T interview for the job you want we will hire from outside the company.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is disgusting. Happened to me trying for an internal promotion! Was not even given the courtesy of an interview and I was a VERY well qualified candidate. Only received a generic form letter email that didn’t even include my name. Classy way to treat those who work hard for you every day. I can count at least 10 reps off the top of my head who have left the organization for other, BETTER opportunities where they otherwise would have stayed, due mostly to how poorly the company treated them with regard to promotion.

What incentive is there for salespeople to stay here anymore if it’s near impossible to promote career leader or to other TAs???

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't understand. It seems like the guys get internal promotions. Even without interviews I heard of two CBDs who were managers for less then a year and got the nod. If you're a dude it seems to work out great.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No rep in their right mind would work for an onc manager who didn't have a lot of experience in the TA. Access is almost impossible without introductions from right people. Your manager would be of zero use to you if they were internally promoted from another TA. This expansion might have a chance if they pull in some DSMs and CBDs external who know wtf they're doing and then they make half the teams PSS internal promotions to onc who would be loyal.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YAWN! This subject of internal bs external is so boring and tired.

They hire from outside for contacts.

They promote from within to “bless” golden children.

Move on from this subject. If you don’t fall in one of the above categories, evaluate your skill set, prepare your self-marketing/promotion pitch and plan to leave. It is dead here in any other TA not classed in the Biologics silo.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ is notorious for terrible hiring practices. When you look at promotions gender, age bias don’t concern the company they can afford the Eeoc lawsuits. Bromances rule the day. If you’re a mediocre middle age white guy who likes to work out then you’re hired. They are industry nobodies with zero skills or contacts but they keep mouths shut and don’t challenge bosses.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you f’ing kidding me? If they have a cbd with that little experience they’re seriously dumb as hell. Not case in my TA. I may not like mine but he at least is qualified.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If youre a woman at AZ why would you even interview? Onc is a bunch of dudebros who spend lives talking "locker room". RP is still screwing reps like its 1989. Womens cancer is especially funny af we love women and will talk ovarian cancer but we don't hire any in leadership. Fuckin love AZ.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bitch, bitch, bitch......the reason why you aren’t considered ass wipe is because you are NOT WORTHY!!!!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok dudebro quoting Wayne's World lmfao enjoy being a loser pc rep your whole career. Does it feel good when 9/hour receptionists emasculate you just like your little target shopping wifey? You may think women are bitches but get real any man doing this job is embarrassing.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

\

It's true there are a lot of Trumpies here. I would never even apply. Why would you want to work with those ignorant assholes. Unless you need tips on high protein diets Id stay as far away as possible.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dudebros that is some funny stuff and couldn’t be more accurate. Only AZ thinks a woman isn't a good choice to lead a women’s cancer team. They don’t promote internal women or hire them externally it’s a good ole boys group. I’m just enjoying the ride until retirement and making my fake calls all day. Gave up on. Idea of promotion about a decade ago.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no kidding. Bringing in external candidate to lead the team, when he himself has no leadership experience! Oh, and has a very very low EQ. Very funny.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one in their right mind would work in women’s cancer with that cbd.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a company, AZ has led a huge push to increase the number of women in leadership and promoted roles. This has been going on for decades. They even allowed them to avoid HQ relocation and paid their travel expenses to and from Wilmington when men were forced to relocate. There are some great women leaders in our company and some really bad ones just as there are with men. But AZ does not discriminate against women. That is a huge lie. If you got your feelings hurt because someone else got the promotion instead of you then you should look in the mirror because you are the reason you are still a rep.