Oncology Salary

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Dec 12, 2019 at 7:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can someone please offer up the average Oncology GU's salary? Curious...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Came over 1 year ago from a competitor, and starting salary was $165,500. Was in ONC 2 years with prior company. Don’t know if this helps.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forgot to say I am a rep.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also forgot to say.....you're full of shit!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't as the crazy rep in Nashville. Complains and lies routinely and thinks she has all the answers. She is likely the one posting bogus salary numbers. haha you guys only wish you made that type of cash on base. Dream on.....

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you think you need to know other people's business?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe the 165k. AZ had to anti-up to attract people with Oncology experience. Unfortunately, AZ has been on the lower end of the pay scale for Oncology Reps. A lot of who have who have been here a while....before the addition of IO, Heme, GI and now GU are underpaid. It isn’t good for moral. We have lost some very good reps to other companies because of low pay. I recall reps going to Genetech, Abbvie, Seattle Genetics Pfizer and more. I hope AZ takes a further look at this. It is a fact that a lot of other reps are going to break away. They have to if they want the base salary that they deserve. I am thankful that AZ is handling g this COVID19 well and that we are able to work from home. I do like working here, but the pay needs to be fair. If not, then the writing is on the wall.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one would pay you that for two years of onc experience. Two years.. lol.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Base that they "deserve"? Newsflash.... when you can't see your providers like PCP reps, why would you deserve a $165K base, other than its because that is the norm? Most overpaid group in pharma.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, sorry you could not get into oncology. Little bitter are we...keep trying

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Awwwwwwwwww, cry me a river!!! Their is a reason why you weren’t hired, you suck!!!! Go back to sweeping floors, or flipping those burgers baby......

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Onc does not get $165k, puleeeze

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are more than a few that make in excess of $150k. Salary isn’t the biggest hurdle in oncology. It’s the pervasive racism and misogynistic behavior that taints the climate. Complain and HR only digs up the bodies and hides them! The problem managers like B.Foster just get moved around to let the damaged ones heal.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you say B.F. is a problem manager? Just curious

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Us nurses do!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lot of the salaries AZ pays depend on current salary, AZ will give a bump of 5% over current salary. Doesn't even matter if a rep has 1 year of oncology. If there getting paid 160K at GSK Pharma, they will get brought in at 168k.
    There are start up oncology companies awaiting drug approval that are starting people 175-185 in base plus over 50k target bonus and large equity shares to retain for a few years.
    AZ Oncology gets all the best internal AZ talent on the cheap. All the other TA's get a 20-30k increase in base coming over. Base Oncology Salary around 135k-140k, depending on CL.
    Feel the worst for Internal AZ Oncology PSS who never catch up to the external new hires who have a bigger salary by job hopping a couple of times. Every time we lose an long term AZ Oncology PSS, it costs 20k-30k more in salary to replace if AZ goes external. AZ is a good company but they need to value loyalty of long term and internal PSS more.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I won't beat a dead horse but it is almost impossible for a rep in another TA to go over to Oncology. We have lost many good reps because of this. Selling is selling. Yes there is a learning curve when you go to another TA. However the rep has proven themselves selling in a TA deserves a chance in Oncology before an outside hire. Obviously, this is highly demotivating to the sales force and I suppose says a lot about our training and DM's who can't develop a rep into Oncology. I for one lost both parents to Cancer. I have won Circle three times. I am highly regarded by my customers and my managers. I am at the age where I can go to another company. I am seriously looking for an Oncology position. I don't want to leave this company. I feel I helped build it and have stayed with AZ during some rough years. However when I get the chance to sell what I believe my passion is...I'm gone. The sad thing is...nobody cares if I leave.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I above is 100 percent on the money. This is demotivating and I'm also looking, You're right nobody in management cares.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not necessarily true. Management on the PCP side does care. They really do like it when a PSS is able to move to Oncology or Biologics if that is where they want to go. It is the mgmt on the other end.
    AZ touts development & career progression, yet many times the peeps in Gaithersburg aren't listening.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You make a good point. Nothing is 100%.