Oncopeptides?

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Mar 4, 2020 at 9:13 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone concerned that the head of sales, and head of commercial are mainly big Pharma guys with most of their time spent at Pfizer, Merck, Serono? Not a lot of small start up experience save for one failed stop. I’m slightly worried that these guys will try to create a “start up” culture but revert back to those big Pharma habits quickly, especially if the launch underperforms.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have interviewed for this company and have to say it has been different. I am now in the stage that they are checking my references that I turned in. Normally I would think that bodes very well for me to obtaining an offer, however it has been a little unusual in the ways that it has been rolled out. Thoughts from someone that has experienced this process would be welcome.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Different How? Please explain..

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely a concern. Couple that with a lot of green managers who will be timid to push back against bad ideas, along with a somewhat ambiguous product and this could turn into a big Pharma feel quickly.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry you didn’t Get the job. Enjoy your POD! Lol!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Linkedin is shit. Its the place to not be hired

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Got the offer, declined. Have fun selling an old reboot with a bunch of big Pharma hacks.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You did not get the offer! Offers can't go out till after August 30. I work here and know that you are lying. Why do that? Does it make you feel big?

For everyone else that is "truly" interested. As the manager told you, offers can go out until the FDA ruling on the NDA. It is due on August 30 but could be earlier. Stay tuned. Please don't pay attention to most of what you read on this site. THEY DON"T KNOW and are just a bunch of hacks.

If you applied and have heard nothing, you are out. Only the top 2 people in each territory are still in the mix. Sorry. Wish you well.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sure...are you new to this? Hiring managers are building their benches. Some of us, perhaps many of us, have previous relationships with these managers, they give us ranges of the comp package, etc and ask if we are in. Some of us have committed as we are excited for the opportunity, or we love the hiring manager or we hate our current job, some of us have declined as we are not excited about the product or the manager or we are happy where we currently are, and some of us are still on the fence needing to see an offer in writing.

If this is news to you this must be your first time building a team or you are not a hiring manager. Good managers have their roster spots filled out we’ll before official offers go out...that is if they are any good.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. If you are knowledgeable then you know what I wrote is exactly correct. No offers till September 1.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And if you are smart you will know that many teams are already fleshed out...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well based on your ‘insider’ who is posting no one got or didn’t get jobs yet...hahahaha.

I know this. The hiring manager keeps calling me...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The LTIP is same amount your mother charges for head.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great. I hope whatever idiot is considering hiring you is able to have CafePharma do an IP check and find out who you are. You just demonstrated that you have no offer, just as other poster wrote.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well since you want to be a smart ass what I was told was the LTI is still not hashed out but the company is working on what that will look like.

Why is it so difficult for you to grasp the concept of how managers build out their teams without offer letters? I like and have worked with the hiring manager, we started talking about this role before they resigned from my current, their now former company.

Is everyone this insecure and defensive at Oncopeptide? My hiring manager doesn’t seem to be. What’s your problem?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is so hard for you to grasp that the managers are locking people down that they know and have relationships with? Oh let me guess. This is your first build out, you are primarily using the recruiter to build your candidate list and you are not going to slot one territory with a rep until you get sign off from the head of sales and a letter from HR. Honey I’ve had a verbal commitment from my hiring manager before they left our old company. Seriously do you not know how this works?

My friend did say they hired some very green managers...guess you are one of them.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gee you are a sensitive one! Does it hurt your feelings that some people have less than favorable things to say about your company or that you don’t know everything about everything at your own company? What a child you are.

Oh, btw...

http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=453719

18. mbryan

mbryan Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to remind everyone. Per our policies, we do not record identifying information (Including IP addresses) associated with anonymous posters.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am in the mix. So are you saying that my references and one other persons references are being checked as well,

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t ask questions on CP...they’re very sensitive about any and everything posted. Sounds like a fun bunch to work with...