one state bans....next? is the ship sinking?

Discussion in 'Zogenix' started by Anonymous, Mar 28, 2014 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interesting. the long arm of the sacklers is reaching out.

if you ban Zohydro, why not oxymorphone ER, Opana ER (which FDA says isn't really abuse deterrent), or Exalgo (which officially isn't tamper-resistant, but probably is)? Why not ban 30 mg Roxicodone? Just as lethal as lower doses of Zohydro.

The Zohydro ban does not make logical sense. You can argue about the safety of non-abuse deterrent opioids, but if you are going to ban 1, you need to ban them all, but then you'd have to deal with hundreds of thousands of opioid-dependent pain patients who need meds.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesnt matter if its logical or not. What matters is that one state just banned it and more could follow. There are currently 12-13 states who have gotten together and are working together on similar legislation.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. It amazes me that Massachusetts is banning all Zohydro (riight down to the 10 mg pill) when you can get 30 mg roxi's that are far more lethal. or 32 mgs of Exalgo. or 40 mgs of generic oxymorphone er. if i were zogenix i'd slap a lawsuit on massachusetts for discrimination.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We tried to warn you all, especially those who quit their jobs to jump on. Dumb/rash move on your part, but you can't say you weren't warned!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"discrimination" really? Was it banned because of the color, age or sex?

6. MANY will follow. Wait and see. Next thing is if 60 min does a ahow on it.
    You guys are all done for.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oxymorphone ER (generic). What's the highest dose? Is it abuse deterrent? No. What's it's risk relative to Zohydro?
    Single-entity oxycodone (Roxicodone): Not abuse deterrent. What is the risk of a 30-mg pill of Roxi vs 10 mg pill of Zohydro? No contest. Roxi is far more dangerous.
    Exalgo. Not abuse deterrent. It gives you a wholloping dollop of 32 mg freaknin' mgs of hydromorphone.

Why aren't there massive protests calling for a ban on these drugs? You can get the amount of hydrocodone in a 10 mg of Zohydryo as you can in Vicodin. Let's take that off the market, too.

This is Purdue stirring up patient advocates and lobbyists with b.s.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why I said the Suboxone reps are licking their chops !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually..... It made our jobs here in Massachusetts a lot easier. Physicians don't like being told by politicians how to do their jobs and what to use. Every single meeting I had the docs just laugh and shake their heads. They can't believe they want the one product that provides locking bottle caps, safes, and other safeguards off the market. Especially since all other extended release opiates are much more potent and the vast majority don't have abuse deterrents. Have such an easier time with them since this started, especially considering it felt like my soul was sucked out of my body last week. Many didn't know about our product before, now it's like they were waiting for us. Sure we get new questions, but usually they just rant for 20 min. RM gave us the pep talk and said it will be over soon & go do our jobs. This might be a blessing in disguise, sure seems like it so far.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is some great kool-aid you are drinking!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! You realize you sound completely clueless. Yeah doctors don't like being told what to write, but they go along with it. A doctor can write a product all day long, but if insurance won't cover it, or the pharmacy refuses to stock it, or the state refuses them to stock it, or the cash cost is way too high....etc.. Guess what genius, the patient doesn't get it! Come back here with your "blessing in disguise" comment after you see your numbers roll in, cause they won't!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exalgo, Opana ER, and reformulated OxyContin all contain an abuse deterrent properties.

Zohydro contains none.

The FDA gave Zohydro approval because the chief thinks abuse deterrence isn't perfect and is in its infancy.

At least the others make an attempt.

You all and your product are fucked.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FDA says Opana ER's abuse deterrent properties sucked which is why they didn't pull the NDA for safety, hence all the generic oxymorphone ER's out there that are not abuse deterrent and just as dangerous as Zohydro. Covidien never touted Exalgo as having abuse-deterrent properties, but it probably does to some extent.

30 mg of generic immediate-release oxycodone is a helluva a lot more dangerous than 10 mg of Zohydro. You want to rid the world of opioid-related mortality, great. Limit all of them, including roxicodone. Kicking Zogenix is like the bully picking on the weakest kid in school.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really, it took you this long to realize you've made a desperate and detrimental mistake for your career as a pharma rep by taking a job promoting long acting heroine? Sure, it makes you feel bad because you may have to go on unemployment soon, but where was your conscience when you took a job promoting a drug take will have a high street value and destroy lives? You'll get what you deserve.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummm what about millions of pain patients out there.. Do they "get what they deserve" too? I am sleeping just fine. My conscience is clear - What if it is ur family member in pain & hydro. Works but Tylenol is eating their liver. Why dose everyone focus on the mis use - and ignore people in need. Sad all way around

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding? That is reckless business at its worst! The market is saturated with pharmaceutical and procedural options, without APAP. Pain patients aren't living in misery because Zoheroine hasn't been available, but drug seekers will divert and hurt many with your money making scheme. Shame on all of you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saturated? Do you know anything about potency? Hydrocodone is usually the first opioid prescribed to pain patients that require opioid therapy. Previously when a patient required an extended release opioid, they had to be stepped up to OxyContin because there was no long acting hydrocodone. Now they can stay on the same compound without moving up to a more potent opioid. There is no way you are a pain drug rep. No way, waaaaayyyyy too ignorant of the facts.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The proof will be in the outcome, sugar pants! Hydrocodone is written because it is a CIII, CIIs take a bit more admin time for providers to fill. As you may know, Self Proclaimed Einstien, hydrocodone is also the single most abused opioid. I'm done with you, you're too smart for little ol' me?