Onyx

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2015 at 12:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a FACT that most Onyx employees made a lot of money. We got lots of options when we signed on, more each year for performance, and the fact that you paid $125 a share made many reps millionaires, especially those on the Nexavar side who have been at Onyx since 2006.

It's also a fact that Amgen paid us multiple retention bonuses.

You think that is vile? It's a fact woman. We got money from your management and that makes us vile? Please bitch. Amgen folks are homophobic. Perhaps Indiana is better state for you. Since you are so concerned about money, I hear their tax laws are better and you don't need to notify the state of your yearly RIFs.

Now that the money is gone and I am left to work with Amgen folks, I'm out. Got some calls for companies with strong Phase III products launching soon. We all know your OBU won't be recruited since they want therapeutic onc reps not primary care hacks.

Go tell your compliance that your feelings were hurt on the internet and that you have mental issues you weakling. Typical beaucratic dumb Amgen garbage you are.

You are a moron comparing us to your breathen.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMgen OWNed!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical Amgen r*****. There is a reason why us at Onyx have superior exit opportunities.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you misunderstood me or I didn't make myself clear. What I stated as vile are the comments that people are writing, not the money that Onyx folks made. I'm all for free markets and capitalism, and it is good fortune for those that made good money from Amgen's acquisition and retention bonuses. I just don't like the hate that is spewing from people in this thread. I will take the high road and assume that you wouldn't have called me a bitch due to misunderstanding my post.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only reason these people spew this crap is because they are not required to post their names. It is really easy to hide behind being anonymous.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! YOU DIRTY LITTLE SMUCK!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now this is funny...if you are going to write a Yiddish word, try spelling it correctly, you shmuck (or written as schmuck, or shmok from the Yiddish origin).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is it vile if we at Onyx believe you don't know therapeutic oncology? That is also a fact. Vectibix was the only therapeutic product you had, and you couldn't sell it since 2006. Neulasta, Nplate, Neupogen and Xgeva are all supportive care products. If it was a true therapeutic, it would have endpoints of overall survival or progression free survival. Amgen OBU are not experienced therapeutic oncology reps like we are. Many of us sold true therapeutics such as Rituxan, Avastin, Velcade, etc before coming over. None of the OBU had that experience and if they did, they were poor therapeutic onc reps who came to Amgen because no other therapeutic onc company would take them. We actually sell and have to know the disease state, our data, the science and not depend on the contract formulary status to sell. We have competition in our space, you don't. In fact most of Amgen reps have no competition except your Enbrel reps and they are getting killed by Humira, Stelara and I hear even Otezla now. The reality is that many of the OBU folks were glad to join Onyx when they got the chance. None of us ever considered going over to your side.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for making my point about vile posts. What you are failing to see is that you are saying your OPINION is a fact. Just because you believe something doesn't make it factual. You go one to insult OBU reps. And you make statements that are not true - Amgen does have competition with some of the oncology products (for example Aranesp/Procrit, Neupogen/Granix, Vectibix/Avastin/Erbitux). And just because a product is supportive care doesn't make it a bad product, nor should a rep that sells such products be insulted for it. And just maybe the skills of Onyx reps will be shareable and transferable and allow Kyprolis to become a $1B product.

Some folks have posted that OBU reps can't get a job elsewhere - that they are a pariah. The reality is that there are significant numbers of ex-Amgen OBU employees that have gone on to work at Gilead, Celgene, Regeneron, Genentech, Alexion, Biogen, and Vertex. The beauty of the biotech industry is that the majority of companies will forego selecting people with product knowledge and choose individuals that have strong, ethical selling competencies.

Nowhere in my posts do I state that Amgen or Onyx reps are bad or suck or any of the other words posters have used to insult their colleagues. My belief is that the name calling and denigration of individuals is vile.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You want to know what vile looks like: How about your own Amgen colleagues wishing our families die of HIV and working as prostitutes, and that we will be mutilated leaving Onyx with severance. All we said is that we do not believe you are on par with us. That is hardly vile compared to Amgen posters who are wishing our families dead. They don't even know us. This is why we believe you have a toxic culture.

Read your own posters thread: http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=577984

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Band-aids are not bad products. IV fluid bags are not bad products. You fail to understand that we never said they are bad products. They are necessary products but are not complicated and highly technical as therapeutic oncology products are. Our products need a more sophisticated rep. Sure a few Amgen reps got great jobs elsewhere. The best of the OBU has the ability to leave and has left. But the vast majority of you will never be recruited by those top tier up and coming oncology companies. We get calls everyday. They recruit us actively, which is something they don't do for you. FACT!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen doesn't know what a positive workplace environment is. Rule by fear = productivity to them.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHA BAY AREA! YOU WILL HAVE MORE JOBS LOST! THATS WHAT YOU GET LIBERALS!

http://www.biospace.com/News/new-poll-finds-bay-area-biotech-workers-convinced/370162?source=sm&type=twitter_baypoll032615

A new poll of BioSpace readers found that while the Bay Area continues to boom on the back of a biotech rally, there remains considerable concern that large biotech and biopharma companies will leave the region or relocate jobs to another life sciences cluster. Perhaps most surprising? The workers who think Bay Area biotech may bolt are almost all located in that region.

After Amgen Inc. (AMGN) said last week that it will close its South San Francisco facility acquired during its $10 billion buyout of Onyx Pharmaceuticals and will lay off 300 of Oynx’s 750 workers, BioSpace is wondering—will the number of mergers and acquisitions completed in 2014 mean a “streamlining” of biotech jobs in the Bay Area?

The answer was a resounding yes. Of the 742 respondents, 73 percent on those polled said biotech and biopharma companies will cut jobs in the Bay Area in 2105, while 27 percent were convinced they would stay here in the region, at the same level. That may come as a surprise to some community watchers in the Bay Area, who say the neighborhood has more to offer now than ever.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We at Amgen commercial have a April 17th "ONYX RIF" countdown timer! You will all get complimentary KY Jelly and butt-plugs for the pain we are going to inflict on you!

- <3 Rolf, Jensen, Paulson, Azelby <3

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark McClung is now under Bob Azelby. Bob will fire Mark, then put Amgen talent to lead Kyprolis. You will all be screwed!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MM is an idiot...btw it was Amgen who hired him. He never even interviewed with anyone at Onyx...including PC. He is your guy not our guy...fire away as he is just like every Amgen leader. Useless.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rhonda will be fired too! She needs to learn how to run an oncology sales force from Jeff Ludwig. She is another genentech hack that doesn't know oncology.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe this is the crap you Amgen people post on our board. You should feel ashamed to be a human being. You are God's mistake and how you got hired at even a garbage company like Amgen is beyond me. You are the exact type of person we envision works at Amgen, self centered and vile. This is why you will get your wish in many of us not joining even if we get an offer. Please just RIF us and give us severance. We will be fine as we never needed you.

Tell your Hoffman/Jensen/Ludwig/Azelby/Paulson crew that they should find new reps, marketers and any other function to take over. We will do our jobs as professionals, but don't expect 100% effort.

We should have known that the same senior management that lied to you would do the same to us. At least we are leaving this hellhole you call Amgen and will find work at a place that respects it's workers, something Amgen clearly does not. You make your Sr. management and shareholders rich and they treat you like slaves in return. What a terrible place and why your best talent leaves and why you can't attract good people. It's why vile people exist at Amgen because you are mediocre and know that no other company will ever hire you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad part is how true this is

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen is barely an oncology company and Ludwig doesn't know the oncology space at all. You are supportive care contracting hacks. Amgen is a joke.