Ophthalmics Division

Discussion in 'Sun Pharma' started by anonymous, Apr 6, 2018 at 2:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thoughts? Are people happy in this division of Sun? How has the response been to BromSite? Is it buy and bill?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As you ask, let's start with the Opthalmics Business Unit.

There's been a flood of 100% voluntary resignations. Regardless of how someone may feel about one or more individuals, when you see the sheer number of people leaving, that's a red light. The most recent BU Head, who'd taken the position after 3 other senior leaders quit, stayed for only 4 months. He'd been with the company for 4 years, but once he got the direct-report line to the CEO, he quickly bailed out.

There's one potential new product, but at the same time, the CEO has outright asked the question 'when should I flush this business'? Fact, within the past 90 days. There were number of us who heard that first-hand.

Then, there's Sun, the company. Toxic, abusive, unethical ... the list goes on. From an ability to attract and retain talent, it's fallen right through the basement floor.

Word is out among recruiters, physicians and Pharma employees (reps, market access, field medical, marketing, operations etc) that it's a horrible place to work. Some VPs have asked to be taken off of interviews bc they can't look a potential peer in the eye and say 'come here, it's a good place'. Others have to fake it, and at least they're 1/2 way honest to say they are in fact faking it.

Higher-end recruiters (e.g. Korn Ferry and the likes) have told people at Sun 'if you leave before two years, you'll be ok, potential employers won't hold that against you. If you stay beyond two years, then you'll be labeled as being 'Sun', and you're done. They won't touch you'.

SUN will leave a blemish on your resume, your ethics, morals and possibly on your soul. You'll have to be very strong to tolerate the 'rupee-at-all-cost' mindset. Also, there's no US market experience at the top, so they are bringing a generic mindset to the branded space. Ain't gonna happen.

There are many other options for talented people.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said and 100% truth.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's face some facts. The wonderful ophtha leaders who were exited expertly built a business loosing millions every month. Hmmmmm. Wonder why so many left..... As for the sales team be very very thankful you were all not just fired a year ago when Abhay started. Most CEO would see this business for what it was a massive failure and just cut you all off. Only the OTX promise saves you. Thankfully it will be a great product and change things around bigly. So suck it up, or just leave and stop this whining

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BIGLY? Your grammar says it all.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welll stated.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True, the business was losing money and the former leaders saw no upside so they were personally smart enough to jump ship.

Your reference about the sales force should be thankful is also true ...
    because any intelligent incoming CEO would have hit the kill switch a year ago.
    Abhay profess to be a financial wizard but if he were, this business would be written off as a loss andcduring the past year, we wouldn't have had a see-saw of coupon program changes. Clearly, there's no financial acumen anywhere in the home office.
    No new product is going to save Opth, because SUN simply can't execute. These guys will smile at you, speak softly, maybe even bow their heads slightly ... right as the knife goes into your back.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

laughable to see you idiots post above. You must be in the bottom 20%. The air up in the top 20% is amazing. Never ever in 12 years of Pharma have I received 17k bonuses. The culture here is incredible and those that suck like you are choking looking for excuses. Go away we don’t want you here.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't knock truck drivers.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OTX-101 (cyclosporine) - approval should be 2-3 quarters away. It is way better than Restasis and the market is growing thanks to under-penetration and Xiidra. Should be a great boost for the Opthal team!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A day late and a dollar short!

You aren't understanding the impact of generic Restasis. When Mylan and all the other companies manufacturer it Insurance plans will block brands, or put step-edits on the branded options. Xiidra, Allergan Multi-dose, and Sun (if approved, which I doubt) will be in for a rude awakening as they are late to the "party".

Additionally, Allergan has outstanding managed care for Restasis Multi-dose which you will have to deal with. Their managed care team is so strong/shady even Shire has a lawsuit against Allergan regarding all the plan lockouts they have. Google it.

Like I said, a day late and a dollar short.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I saw a job opening and was wondering if you guys sell in an office setting or do you go into the or with the doctor?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OR? As in operating room? No there’s no OR. A medical assistant smears the med on patient face and puts them in front of blue light . That’s it. The drug is going off patent and on top of that the company is bad news. I advise you to read all the threads. Not a good place.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blue light in opthamalogy ? Are you high?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just realized the heading was opthamalogy. Sorry. And yes I must have been high for ever working here. Left a huge stain on my resume! Frickin hell hole!