Ophthalmology Next

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OBU represents a minuscule part of Shire. Not in Takeda's vision. Rumor product will be sold to Alcon, Allergan (patent expired) or Bausch. Oncology even bigger than OBU......firesale to help close this deal for Flemming

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dang, I'm a little unnerved now.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I doubt Allergan is in the mix. They are not even an “Eye” company any longer. They are the Botox company. They only keep the other divisions around to balance their portfolio with cash pay products.

Bausch? They only invest in products that are dirt cheap, usually at or near the end of patent life. I seriously doubt they would be a match or able to complete such a deal.

Possibly Alcon, but they haven’t been actively looking to add with a dry eye product., which is considered to be an entre product, not a player.

OBU May get bundled or may even get overlooked or forgotten.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m hearing Akorn is actively persuing the drug. Apparently they have presented their plan already to funnel the RXs through their own mail order pharmacy.
    Whatever happens, Takeda will not keep the drug. Oph is just not part of their plan. Not lucrative enough.
    Bottom line, everyone in Oph will be looking for jobs if Takeda buys us. No way they put an entire salesforce behind a product with such little revenue, and even more minuscule profits. Shire is still paying for the R&D of Xiidra. Who wants to absorb that?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still paid by sarcode

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We will see the dedication to Eyecare, won’t we.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology even bigger than OBU? Did you see the last set of numbers?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hell, if we had the Akorn program to use and eliminate all of these crazy pa’s that get denied, we would be killing it! Actually selling based on science instead of what plans cover xiidra and what plans don’t. Now that’s a concept.....

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now you are living in the 1990s. This is what all drug reps deal with today. Not just you and your crew who sell glorified Visine

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not that i dont agree, but this is pharma, no matter what youre selling-youre no longer selling science, only managed care and/or price.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

akorn does not have the financial status to purchase the obu, or any newer product. they only buy the scraps left over after a company is busted up. they are below the B & L rung on the ladder. more likely a non eyecare pharma company will look for an entrance into eyes

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fresinius (large German co) is in the process of buying Akorn. Deep pockets if they want to expand the ophthalmic division! Not out of the question

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anything is better than here

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard the Q2 OBU Goals will be so high that reps will be leaving anyway. Maybe it is by design. Bet when they leave, they won’t get back filled.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good point. Except B+L reps sell multiple products and in the surgical arena. You sell one product to optometry, and not very well.
    Adding Xiidra to the B+L bag might just help by not continuing to drive optometrists crazy with too many unqualified reps pushing one product.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes 30% hike

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Daddy is so scared

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bahahaha.,,you lost all credibility when you mentioned Bausch buying anything.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard that too.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I laughed thinking anyone would want this product. Actually, Bausch doesn’t have room for it in their bag. Maybe in forth position. They have products that are on formularies so they actually sell on science. Unlike here.