OPIOIDS

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Apr 25, 2019 at 3:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you hear that Larry Doud was just charged with Drug Trafficking? The former CEO of Rochester Drug Co-Operative is facing a long stint in the Big House for his decisions to exploit the masses to line his pockets with blood money. Rochester is the 6th largest drug/pharmaceutical distributor in the US. How soon before Kerry Clark and George Barrett get the call? Would be delicious justice to see at least George get nailed for his corruption. He earned maybe 10 million his last year with Cardinal. His malfeasance and greed cost Cardinal stock 50% of its market cap and the fines and lawsuits keep coming. Who else at Cardinal, past and present, also
    needs to be perp walked out of the Ivory Tower of Greed?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think half of you that are crying about opioids and the stock price are investors and don't even work at Cardinal. If you did work here, you would know there are more issues than the stock price and opioid crisis. Sorry you made it poor investment and lost half of it

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree that there is more wrong than just the opioid crisis. That is just the tip of the iceberg. How about buying a company and not truly investigating their loss of market share, lack of contracts and shitty management.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please fill us in on some of these issues. It was really bad when Barrett was ruining the good name of this company. What more should the unsuspecting investor or even job applicant know about Cardinal?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So frigging spot on and sad!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clark and Barrett..............Two Gonifs that need some serious jail time.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

/\
    |

That post is 100% right. I could add a million other things.

Good luck getting product to the customer. Chances are its backordered or our warehouse miss shipped it. We still manually pick LUM when Most of our competitors automate all of it. Anyways if the customer happens to get our product, then the chance of you getting paid on it is slim as our systems (yes systems... and none of them talk to each other. Kind of like our divisions) are terrible and all read differently for the same item sold to the same customer. This company will take at least 5 years to fix. If they don't, it will be become OMI. If they do change, they still might suffer the same fate as OMI. Change is happening to fast in healthcare, and it is going to be hard for cardinal to keep up. And I'm not sure these Medtronic cast off have any idea how to fix it. I hope we don't make our number this year, so they get fired.

There is a restructure coming to both acute and non-acute. No division is off limits. If I were in inside sales, I'd be working on my resume full time, but don't think that's where it will stop.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol but they sure know who to trace it to when it’s a loss. I just love that I’m taking a hit for PR losses that I never got paid on. And today... I can’t even go there...

#epicfailure

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a shit storm. This should pretty much guarantee that they aren't going to make their number on the medical side

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GONIFS...lol...so true

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully what has occurred over the last 24 hours will guarantee the departure of the Medtronic senior leaders that came over with the acquisition. What a disaster.

Jon Giacomin, are you out there??? Please help us!!!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL you thought we had a chance? Write-downs, stupid mistakes like this one, constant production problems and I am pretty sure this is the straw that has broken more than one camel today. LinkedIn will be busy tonight.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

McKesson just agreed to pay 36 million to West Virginia to settle its part in the opioid pill mill scandal that has rocked WV. Cardinal paid its fine, about 20 million, a year ago. Any wonder CAH stock has floundered and will continue to do so? The opioid pill scandal and all the fines and lawsuits, current and future, will not go away for years. Wonder why so many people are leaving this sinful company and abandoning the stock? There is no wonder.

The Feds are tightening their noose on drug company infractions (manufacturers and distributors), especially those, like Cardinal, who let unbridled greed pollute their moral core. Did you hear that Mallinckrodt steadily increased the price of a drug 97,000% over a 20 year period using bribery to boost sales? The Feds have these bastards by the short hairs. Should be fun to watch them squirm and try to lie their way out of this scandal.

It would be delicious if those responsible for the opioid greed at Cardinal were perp walked so the world could see what scum bags look like. I think the one most likely to be cuffed now lives in Connecticut. That would be GB. Disgraceful

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked at CAH for 20+ years and it is absolutely disappointing that so many good people have been impacted by such poor decisions of supposed leaders. MD, DC, GB, the list goes on. The fact that we are still impacted by MBT and the poor execution of the Cordis, PR, and countless other acquisitions is astounding. Over $9B of capital deployed and a stock price that is 50% below where it was 6 years ago.

We are rewarding leaders and former leaders with huge pay packages to collapse the business and cut beyond what is logical. Medical business is a joke and ML is kicking CAH around the ball field. We have no sustainable strategy.

Finally got rid of people who claimed they understood LSS but did nothing but self promote themselves. Arrogance and hubris have no place in the business world. The drain of talent will continue until leadership leads.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of Cardinal's current HR execs know exactly what MD, DC and others did for years to discourage capable people, so hopefully these same HR execs learn from the past and ACT.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And while the opioid issues brewed, the supposed supply chain experts like MD wrote articles comparing medical device supply chain to grocery supply chain. How dumb were Sr Execs and HR
    when MD leaves for grocery wholesale dist CEO role? He was always such a light weight who pretended to be a big Global leader...wven in Mfg,and dicey ethics as he pushed others out. Good riddance. Bet he has consultants helping him in his new role.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Scoreboard is out and the blatant favoritism can't be ignored. Less than half of the GMOR's are making the number while only 10% of the specialty reps are not. The CAMS are fairing just as well. I can see how the CAMS are making it since they are graded on different levels and haven't had to absorb the losses from PR that the GMOR reps have. Convenient that all the specialty reps are ex-Covidien and well protected by their buddy Blaze. Can't wait for Dallas to watch reps who didn't get hit for the shit they lost win awards. Way to make people with families pay for the massive mistakes of management. Cause that is what this is. Blaze and his buddies protecting his "people" while the legacy CAH people pay for their ignorance and massive mistakes. But then again, if you run everyone off, you don't have to pay severance packages or be tainted with lay-offs two years in a row.

I'm sure management is looking at this thinking we're the losers but it is them. With over 20% of the GMOR positions open, it is a clear sign that things have changed for the worse.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is exactly what they are doing. It's the reason they are waiting forever to get the reorg going. They are going to let natural attrition be their layoffs. They don't care if they lose good reps. To them, reps don't matter, and if you think "looking at comp" means they're going to pay us more, hahaha. It's not going to happen. We will still be one of the worst paid sales forces in the industry