OPKO Renal- Feedback on joining sales team

Discussion in 'OPKO Renal' started by anonymous, Feb 1, 2019 at 1:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Potential new hire here
    I’m aware CP is traditionally loaded with negative feedback , but you came onboard for a reason
    What was it and why are you happy/unhappy?
    And why haven’t you left?

I get the no access / no formulary coverage thing
    Looking for a more realistic view on why sales is expanding
    And yes, I’ve read up on the whole Frost thing.... where is Opko headed now?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better question, why do you want to come here?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’d say keep your job and stay where you’re at now. The majority of us is trying to get out and it’s not always that easy. Even if you think you’ll be ok here because someone told you so, that insider won’t be able to save you once you find yourself in a ditch like many of us. You won’t have any pod mates to bail you out. Sink or swim on your own. There are no lifeboats at Opko.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope you take the information seriously. I agree with you CP is a lot of negativity and even worse name calling and trolls, but there is more truth here than falsehood. I agree with the recent post that said stay where you are now or if you don’t have a job, hopefully you have other offers that will come in. Look at the Exodus post where you can see how many reps left in 2018 ( quit or fired doesn’t matter it’s practically half the salesforce). The territory you will be in matters, some are doing ok and others are just terrible territories. If your territory doesn’t produce right away you may find yourself out of a job in 6 months on a short pip. Oregon was a new Territory in 2017 and collapsed 6 mos later in 2018. As far as I know the rep didn’t get severance. Luckily the RSM was able to refer him to a new job immediately. West coast RSM mysteriously quit or fired early 2018. Denver rep came back from maternity leave and put on short pip and was fired. San Fran rep quit for better opportunity had had enough of poor company culture, was experienced renal rep and regional trainer and territory was doing ok. Subsequent San Fran rep moves over from Sacramento then hired by AZ also an experienced renal rep wasn’t happy here. First Seattle rep left after a year was a long time renal rep. Second Seattle rep fired 6 mos after a short pip also an experienced renal rep also couldn’t breakthrough a tough NW market. Another SoCal rep quit mid year had won rookie of the year for 2017 started to see new starts decline. RSM mid west just left after being at bottom ranking for 2 years. I could go through every region but you get the gist . Even if you have great relationships in renal it won’t help enough in many territories. There are too many nephs who will continue to use generic calcitriol even if we are showing them Rayaldee is safer. I have a prominent neph who continues to believe Rayaldee has no merit and is looking for a market.
    That said, there are some territories that are doing well. A few. Bonuses for most part are weak , IC plan is weak. No merit raises yet. Stock in turmoil.
    Reach out to other renal reps for other companies in your potential territory. If renal is tough for everyone then pass. I once declined to interview for a phosphate binder sales job based on what the current rep told me at an event. The territory was being spilt in 2. That rep quit 6 mos later then they had a revolving door of reps ever since in both territories for the past 4 years. If you see this pattern in your future territory - run because it’s not because the reps can’t do the job, it’s the territory or mgmt. Management will tell you whatever they want you to believe, many of us have figured out it’s worthless info and are planning to move on. Good luck and do your due diligence on this one unless you really need renal sales experience on your resume.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sincere appreciation for the candid responses. Coupled with what I’ve read about the company in general (stock etc) I will not pursue the job opening
    I also read through the other threads and it seems as though there is great uncertainty in job security
    I will stay where I am
    Which isn’t too different - it seems so much of pharma now is pained with low access, collapsed territories, managed healthcare nightmares and questionable bonus structures. Good luck with those hoping to move out of your company

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everything you’ve read and surmised is correct. And there are no severance packages.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This compamy will go down in history as “the” worse company that most of us have every worked for.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TRUE statement. PIPs are only 2 weeks (seriously). No severance. If you are comfortable with looking for another job in 4 -6 months, it might be for you. Use the MMIT Formulary app to verify the coverage in your area. Most offices hate having to write letters and appeals.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RUN.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are your impressions of the employees you met during your face to face interview? Any suggestions?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviewers talk too much.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviews are conducted so that Chief Interrogator can bloviate and stroke his own ego. Candidates need not speak, it is frowned upon. Plain and simple.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These days when one thinks of Opko one word comes to mind........

"Titanic" - but with no survivors!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The lab industry is done therefore get out now

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The lab industry is not done! Wow! if you do work for the company, I hope you leave tomorrow!!! The lab industry is changing and the company is changing as a result! Claros PSA test was just approved by the FDA. GenDX, Claros... As for Rayaldee, sales continue grow each month. The company has other potential renal products in the pipeline.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re words are the result of chronic alcoholism and drug abuse as you don’t know fact from fiction, have another gin and tonic and work on improving morale around here.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How’s that 1000 working for you? Like pissing into the wind!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like PR damage control.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about Novitas not paying for 4K? They handle Medicare for 10 states.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is a hit but not a death blow. At risk men under 65 are the real target for OPK. Pre Medicare age... Any man given the option of the 4K test to prevent a biopsy would take the test.